PDA

View Full Version : chop suey!

darthsaber9x9
Dec 15, 2003, 05:40 PM
can you believe that Avril lavigne had the nerve to cover the system of a down song "chop suey"!?!?!? i mean jesus christ. if anyone manages ot get a hold of it, tell me what u think. i also has the "legal)version on my pc if ur desperate

SpikeOtacon
Dec 15, 2003, 06:05 PM
Avril deserves to get smacked for that.

Guile
Dec 15, 2003, 07:40 PM
Haha thats horrible, I don't listen to either of them but she should'nt of done that.

monkeyfist
Dec 15, 2003, 07:43 PM
"I'm an angry canadian midget so i have to be punk"

get over already, AV-RUL!!!!

i'm not kidding, she's like 4 feet tall.

i actually like chop suey so this makes me mad...
REBEL AGAINST THE REBELS!! DOWN WITH PUNK!!

Rotis
Dec 15, 2003, 07:58 PM
Hahah, the live thing? Oh, god, I laughed so hard when I heard that. She didn't even attempt half of the lyrics, and sounded like she was possibly dying and/or giving birth.

I'm not really a SoaD fan, but that's still pretty low.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 16, 2003, 01:23 AM
Weird Al covered Chop Suey!, as well; as part of his "Angry White Boy Polka" on his newest album, "Poodle Hat". I have to say, most of the songs in that medley sound considerably better the way he did them. Last Resort by Papa Roach, for example, is a good song, but terribly executed by Papa Roach (There are not words that I can use, that emphasize enough how incredibly much better the song would be, if played in a skilled, coherent manner). This song is, however, the first part of the Angry White Boy Polka, and when heard in this Polka format, it's actually quite inspiring.

Guntz348
Dec 16, 2003, 01:39 AM
And Torri Amos covered Slayers "Reighn in Blood" and the Beatles "Happiness is a Warm Gun"... or is "Love is a Warm Gun"? Well what ever the case may be, a lot of stuff that does happen, shouldn't, but it still does so meh, what can ya do?

Dime
Dec 17, 2003, 12:42 AM
That bitch also covered "Knocking on heaven's door" by Guns N Roses.

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2003, 12:45 AM
she cant make her own music so now she has gone to degrading some of the best music out there...

pathetic...

polishedweasel
Dec 17, 2003, 12:52 AM
SHe butchered the hell out of it too. :

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2003, 12:56 AM
just heard it... -_-;

why in the hell would SoAD (and their label) give her the rights to the song? i mean, thats a MAD amount of money right there, just to have it butchered to hell and back...

Noone
Dec 17, 2003, 05:03 PM
It sucks fully.

monkeyfist
Dec 17, 2003, 05:21 PM
we have to get violetskye in here. check out her sig and you'll see why

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 17, 2003, 09:42 PM
On 2003-12-16 21:56, KaFKa wrote:
just heard it... -_-;

why in the hell would SoAD (and their label) give her the rights to the song? i mean, thats a MAD amount of money right there, just to have it butchered to hell and back...

System of a Down doesn't own the song. The song is the property of the recording label the artist has the contract with, not the song's writer. So if another artist associated with the same label wants to cover the song, they merely have to get permission to do so from the label, who, odds are, don't care about the song's reputation or quality, so long as it brings them more income.

s.TiNgEr
Dec 17, 2003, 10:12 PM
Shows how creative she is.

.....She can't even skate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: s.TiNgEr on 2003-12-17 19:12 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Dec 18, 2003, 08:35 AM
On 2003-12-16 21:42, Dime wrote:
That bitch also covered "Knocking on heaven's door" by Guns N Roses.

guns n roses covered the original knocking.. by bob dylan

remember that she didnt commercially release it. as bad as it is, i dont htink theres a law about ocvering a song in yur live performance

muff
Dec 18, 2003, 12:52 PM
That song was absoloutly horrid. When she screams it sounds like someone is attacking a squelling pig with a chainsaw. I don't think she even knows the words.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 18, 2003, 01:06 PM
I just heard the song myself lastnight after I posted... I think she was making fun of System of a Down, myself. If she had intended to seriously cover it, she would've bothered to learn the words, and try to sing them in proper order.