PDA

View Full Version : Sect IDs, and how some of them SUCKIT SUCKIT SUCKIT!

Selthik
Apr 9, 2001, 02:38 AM
Ok, I just want to say:
ORAN SUCKS!

I don't know if anyone else uses Oran, but I find absolute junk when I play. Ive put in like 175 hours, and the best stuff I've found is a Sacred guard and a DB'S ARMOR, but it's 0 slot and it suckit. no rare weps, let alone double sabers... but... come on now.

Anyone else hate ORAN? Or have anything they'd like to say regarding how GOOD their ID is? Anything at all along this topic plz =)

And I apologize if this thread has been done already, I don't look through all 87 pages of messages first =)

-Selthik AKA Cloudette

wyatt
Apr 9, 2001, 03:51 AM
over 300 hours on my oran and i got a couple double sabers. try viridia.

Torment
Apr 9, 2001, 07:17 AM
Eee gad, no!! DO NOT use Viridia. My very first character, Kerisis, is a level 100 HUmar with well over 300 hours into him, and I haven't found JACK. Not even a single Double Sabre (don't want one anyways, but still.....). I think the best i've ever found with a Viridia was a 0 slot Ranger Field (can't even use it), and bucket loads of materials.

I've had better luck with my Yellowboze, who was only level 58 with about 30 hours or so playing time. I find countless Double Sabres (in Mines on Hard and V-hard), found a Chainsawd (with NICE photons, found from a Delsabre IIRC, Ruins on V-hard), found S-Beat Arms (from a Delsabre of all things, on Hard Ruins 2), and a 3 slot Hunter Field (from a yellow Rappy on V-hard forest 2).

Sisqua
Apr 9, 2001, 07:27 AM
This constant debating of Section IDs always makes me laugh. No-one has ever come up with a conclusive argument that some IDs are better than others. If you look back through the topics of the past you will find an example of a person from every single section ID saying "don't choose my ID - it's crap - I've found jack in 200 hours".

Face it, even if there is a difference between IDs, finding decent rares involves such a huge amount of pot luck, that it's a complete gamble whichever ID you are; and whenever there is an element of luck, some people win and others lose out.

S.

MaximumBeef
Apr 9, 2001, 07:30 AM
(Sssssh, it's always a good reason for not being able to get anything decent!)

I almost gave up because I thought Greennil was diddling me out of good equipment...then I found good equipment and realised the whole section ID thing didn't affect things that much...

Ranx
Apr 9, 2001, 07:33 AM
I agree.. i don't think the difference is soo huge. Perhaps there's a little difference how big the chance are to find certain rares, but i think all ID's can find them.

But i do think the SectionID could give different rare weapons in the weapon shop. With my Whitill ID i find a lot of DISKA OF BRAVEMAN in my shop..
Tell me if you encountered that with other ID's as well.

Torment
Apr 9, 2001, 07:44 AM
I agree--to an extent--that your section ID doesn't play a HUGE factor in your rare findings. But it does play a factor nontheless. Certain IDs will find more of a certain type of weapon/armor MORE OFTEN then others do. So while I do indeed find.....say.....Sword-types with my Viridia on occasion, my Skyly finds them in abundance. And while my Skyly has found a grand total of FOUR mechguns in over 100 hours of playing, my Purplenum finds them every other treasure box.

So basically, what it boils down to is this--What type of weapon(s) do you want to find MORE OFTEN? I'm a firm believer in the fact that ANY section ID can find ANY item, but again, your ID can play a major factor in HOW OFTEN you find them.

And yes, Ranx--I've encountered the same thing you described. My Skyly can purchase Last Survivors in the shop, my Viridia can buy Crush Bullets, and my Bluefull can buy Gae Bolgs. My Yellowboze has yet to find anything 9-stars in the shop.

Omege12
Apr 9, 2001, 08:24 AM
Selthik...
What's up with the suckit saying? Isn't that so like Generation X ago?

Torment
Apr 9, 2001, 08:29 AM
Heh...I find the term "suckit" more acceptable than the oft used "rulz", "rox", and "sux". Whenever someone uses those 3 terms, I can't help but be reminded of a certain 2 adolecent slackers, sitting around all day commenting on how lame certain videos are.........

WarWolf
Apr 9, 2001, 10:49 AM
I know how you guys feel, all I can ever find with my Redria is DB's sabers, hold swords, sclier of assassin, and varistas for rares

I can get tons of element daggers, but that's about it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

oh well it will hopefully get better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

AxemPunanny
Apr 9, 2001, 01:24 PM
Sisqua got it on point... it isn't really your section ids, there's more to it, I'm guessing. There is some randomness to it. Someone mentioned on one of the threads that different times have different chances of finding a rare, i.e. playing during a different time than you usually do. Section id are primarily for what types of weapons you are likely to find, or not likely to find; not to mention they are for aesthetics.

I got a Bluefull/Whitill I can get a variety of things, moreso than others. But I am getting a lil tired of seeing Club of Lacs with my Bluefull (I've gotten at least 10 of those).

Xaken
Apr 9, 2001, 01:53 PM
Don't like your ID? DON'T CREATE GAMES.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you much of anything about my ID, because about 90% of the games I play in were made by OTHER PEOPLE.

It is true that the ID can does effect what rares you get, but it's not enough to get annoyed over. Some times though, I swear I get things that seem to break all the rules. Other times the ID division could not have been less clear.

Here are my 2 meseta about how I've actually seen ID's effect ME:

1. My YellowBoze made a game on hard. Me and some others played through the mines and found 3 Double Sabers.

2. I joined a game made by a Redia. In the forest I found 2 Hunter Fields.

But really, the most significant things I've really seen with sections ID's are what weapons are for sale in the shops.

1. My Oran sees Blood Art for sale about 50% of the time.

2. My Skyly seems to get offered Crush Bullets some what often.

3. You couldn't stop the weapons guy from offering my Blueful a Gae Bolg

4. My YellowBoze seems to be able to buy just about any of the specials you see in shops (including the 3 above and others like the Justy). And although the fequency of finding a particular item is far less, there's only a little less of a chance to be sold a special at all.

Finally, I've see ID's effect what normal weapons I find. In some games I'd get dagger weapon types far earily that others. In other games I might swear I never saw even one Mechgun.

In any case, I've never really felt that my ID was holding me back, and it's easy enough to achieve by just no being the game creator.

Drake47
Apr 9, 2001, 03:24 PM
I'm ORAN too lvl33 less than 60hrs and I've found a Club of Laconium and Delsaber Buster, but no rare armor, shields, mags slots etc

Drahktar
Apr 9, 2001, 07:50 PM
I have no problem with ORAN. I find a lot of Flowen Swords and Double Sabers. Right now I have a Flowen with 40% Native, one with 40% A.Beast, one with 30% Machine and another with 40% Dark. I given away a LOT of Double Sabers, maybe 5. I'm level 67 right now and I just last level was able to equip the Regenerate Gear (which sucks) that I got when I was 24th level. I've also found 2 Delsaber Busters.

Cypher
Apr 9, 2001, 09:44 PM
Mann Whitill sucks. I mean who actually uses slicers? I go through a lot games and i dont even find one person using one. Too bad i didnt know wut the section ID was for wen i started out my first character. It pisses me off dat i always find slicers. ERRZ

Spike
Apr 9, 2001, 11:22 PM
The problem is people list what they found with their character altogether rather than what they found OFFLINE or online in a game THEY created. That's why there's all this confusion. I've been keeping track of this stuff with my character for probably a month now and I can tell you that your Section ID determines everything that you find. I don't mean just weapons; armor, disks, mag cells, and rare monsters too.