PDA

View Full Version : Might sound a bit on the off side but...

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 05:23 PM
For Hunters and Rangers mostly, Special Weapons aren't all that good as I thought they would be. Everyone said stuff like "oh Lavis Cannon is the best, or J-Sword." HU's and RA's aren't all that good in battle compared to a Force. I think forces are the best characters in the game. They say that it's for advanced players but it's only hard for them at the begining (norm-Vhard) Unless you tweak them... Anyways, I beat my friends HUmar and he's a ubber hacker... any item you want he can get. And I can kill him with my Force and he's 30 levels higher than me. (i'm 88 he's 118) Without a weapon. Techniques are better than most weapons. And I know the whole thing about "well it takes TP so in a way its not better", but I can win a whole battle with only using a few fluids. And i'm just a FOmar, I wonder what a FOneweal could do to HU's and RA's. I have yet to lose a battle with my force and yet my friends still think rangers and hunters are better.
GO FORCES !!!

hucasts_rock
Dec 16, 2003, 06:40 PM
every character has their advantage, but yeah I see what you're saying..melee forces do quite well also http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Squeege
Dec 16, 2003, 06:52 PM
I understand what your saying but the reason that we love our special weapons is because we don't have strong techs like forces do. I love them all so I don't really care.

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:16 PM
On 2003-12-16 15:52, Squeege wrote:
I understand what your saying but the reason that we love our special weapons is because we don't have strong techs like forces do. I love them all so I don't really care.

I know, I'm just trying to persuade some people to be forces. Laying out the facts for people. I can't say I don't like Special Weapons but forces still conquer. And some people have to get off the shiny weapons and get on the deadly Techniques....... if that made any sense what so ever....

Monomate
Dec 16, 2003, 07:17 PM
On 2003-12-16 14:23, MegamanX wrote:
For Hunters and Rangers mostly, Special Weapons aren't all that good as I thought they would be. Everyone said stuff like "oh Lavis Cannon is the best, or J-Sword." HU's and RA's aren't all that good in battle compared to a Force. I think forces are the best characters in the game. They say that it's for advanced players but it's only hard for them at the begining (norm-Vhard) Unless you tweak them... Anyways, I beat my friends HUmar and he's a ubber hacker... any item you want he can get. And I can kill him with my Force and he's 30 levels higher than me. (i'm 88 he's 118) Without a weapon. Techniques are better than most weapons. And I know the whole thing about "well it takes TP so in a way its not better", but I can win a whole battle with only using a few fluids. And i'm just a FOmar, I wonder what a FOneweal could do to HU's and RA's. I have yet to lose a battle with my force and yet my friends still think rangers and hunters are better.
GO FORCES !!!

I agree wholeheartedly...FOrces own...period...however, it's just not as much fun to play as a FO...cast, dodge, cast, dodge, cast dodge...(unless you melee...but I'm a FOnewearl and can't do that...)

with a HU you're actually in the action...it's beautiful to play...it's like a choreographed dance (especially with DAGGERS!!!) HU's are more fun to play, and they're more fun to watch...watching a good HU play is beautiful...watching a good FO play...gets boring...(but it is fun to do battle mode and kill your higher level friends with Megid 75% of the time...hehehe...)

edit: to get back on topic...i like the Special Weapons because they look cool. Soul Eater, Soul Banish, Musashi, L&K14 Combat, H&S25 Justice, Soul Edge (oops wrong game...) Dark Flow, Dark Bridge, Dark Meteor, Psycho Wand, Double Saber, Stag Cutlery, Twin Brand...etc...you get the picture...cool looking weapons (my personal favorite is the Soul Eater...would be Soul Banish, but I don't have one yet...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Monomate on 2003-12-16 16:43 ]</font>

Sef
Dec 16, 2003, 07:24 PM
I guess I'm one of those friends?

I never actually challenged you, *cough*.

But right now I'm in the Ranger stage of my life, you know how it was. Remember Jade? Remember?

So once I get bored of my RAcast(doubt I will), maybe I'll work with my FOrce.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2003-12-16 16:27 ]</font>
________
Yamaha RZ350 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_RZ350)

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:25 PM
no no, FOmar's are beautiful in battle. They attack completely diffently with almost every weapon. (except for saber, slicer {I think}, g-assasin sabers {which is still cool}, Soul Banish/Eater,& Cane) Don't know about card. He runs like he's gunna stab somebody though heheh,

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:30 PM
On 2003-12-16 16:24, Sef wrote:
I guess I'm one of those friends?

I never actually challenged you, *cough*.

But right now I'm in the Ranger stage of my life, you know how it was. Remember Jade? Remember?

So once I get bored of my RAcast(doubt I will), maybe I'll work with my FOrce.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2003-12-16 16:27 ]</font>

hehe, yeah ok Joe. I still care about my Jade. (one of my...ahem... friends...) He's not the Duper... though he does want some of those duped weapons of Jason don't u ?!?! And your just jealous cause none of yall can beat me. And i'm all legit !!! I don't like that Dark Meteor anyway...

KaFKa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:39 PM
FOs in battle are pathetic...

Fos in games are pathetic to play...

FOs bragging because they have techs is pathetic...

just my observations...

Sef
Dec 16, 2003, 07:40 PM
What about FOs who don't brag?

________
Kawasaki H2 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_H2)

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:43 PM
Who said I was bragging? I was just stateing the facts. Forces's techniques can match up to any blade or gun you might posses. If I could battle you I would but im not online. I'm sure other hard-core forces would agree with me.

KaFKa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:45 PM
unless you're above level 190, if we battled, you wouldnt stand a chance...

you WERE bragging in your origonal post, saying that FOs own everything and are the gods of battle.

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:48 PM
lol, forces do own in battle. and unless you can do 780 damage in one hit, I think I could still kill you. And I never said that they were the gods of battle. Dont over-exasterate <---spellcheck) I like HU's and RA's but forces are best in battle with other HU's and RA's. Also help HU's and RA's in team. They have the power to help and the power to kill.

Sef
Dec 16, 2003, 07:49 PM
Is it just me, or is this all based on opinion?

________
how to love (http://www.love-help.org/)

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 07:52 PM
I guess... But from my experiance... A well-trained force can beat a well-trained hu/ra.

LadyRedComet
Dec 16, 2003, 07:55 PM
On 2003-12-16 16:16, MegamanX wrote:

I know, I'm just trying to persuade some people to be forces. Laying out the facts for people. I can't say I don't like Special Weapons but forces still conquer. And some people have to get off the shiny weapons and get on the deadly Techniques....... if that made any sense what so ever....

Ugh. Aren't there enough of those uppity "Forces are the best class in the game" people yet? Every class has advantages and disadvantages. So shut up and let people play how they want to play. Your stupid efforts at converting people to Forcedom aren't going to work, because not everyone wants to play a tech-spamming character that will die in two or three hits without being uber-tweaked.

Sorry, I tried being a Force (WAAY before these "be a Force! They are the best!" threads). I really did. I did it because my cousin was a Force and he said they were the best classes in the game, therefore I should be a Force if I wanted to be good. I tried, I hated it. I switched to a different class (two, actually...HUnewearl and RAmarl) and found my true calling. On the other hand, my sister has been a Force for her entire PSO career (so to speak). Even though we're twins, we still don't see eye-to-eye on the Force issue.

That's because some people were meant to be Forces, and some were meant to be Hunters, and some were meant to be Rangers. Kinda like being able to play a droid versus a newman versus a human. And then there are those ungodly talented people who can play all classes equally well (gods, I hate those people. Jerks. *g* ).

Now if all you pro-force people will shut up...I'm sick and tired of hearing about how great forces are. And I'm probably not the only one.

EDIT: I've done 1137 damage in one hit with my untweaked level 120 HUnewearl. That beats your measly 780. I do more than that with a single hard attack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LadyRedComet on 2003-12-16 16:59 ]</font>

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 08:00 PM
....ouch.... I just got majorly burned.... but I guess I you missed the part where I said they have a difficult time on normal-Vhard. But once they are WELL-TRAINED ENOUGHT !!!! And have good enough tech-disks, they are the best (my opinion).

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 08:02 PM
hmm 1000 damage... criticals are good. But then again, chances are rare. And you forgot that I might have a defense higher than whatever creature/machine/person you hit with that. Oh, then the chance of me dodging it with my evasion. But hmm, techniques are un-avoidable... a plus or what?!

Sef
Dec 16, 2003, 08:03 PM
This is a never ending, pointless battle...Cease your fire people!

________
TV Gossip (http://www.tv-gossip.com/)

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 08:05 PM
Why stop when I have the bigger gun ?!?! Or when you said fire, did you mean MAGIC! ooooh... another + for the forces http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

LadyRedComet
Dec 16, 2003, 08:14 PM
Did he not just say to shut up? I could make a very barbed comment right now, but it's definitely not my place to criticize...

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 08:16 PM
Go ahead, I want to hear what you have to say. That's the point of chatting here is it not? My feelings won't be hurt. Let it out.

Sef
Dec 16, 2003, 08:16 PM
He's a very stubborn guy. Either that or he's slow.

Forces are good.

So are Hunters and Rangers.

________
buy silversurfer vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

Genoa
Dec 16, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-12-16 17:16, Sef wrote:
He's a very stubborn guy. Either that or he's slow.

Forces are good.

So are Hunters and Rangers.

I'm not stubborn, I just think i'm the correct one.

Squeege
Dec 16, 2003, 08:42 PM
It's ok when people are fighting in my opinion but please, I hate it when people say outright that they're right! Forces are good. Sure, lets go with that! But so is everybody else! Sheesh!(just for the sake of it i'll prove you wrong.) Forces go around with their "superior" techs. Suddenly an androids mine combo catches you off gaurd, someone comes and kills you. There. In conclusion, everybody can cancel eachother out. OK!? (but no one ever agrees with me so why do I even bother?)

Sef
Dec 16, 2003, 08:55 PM
X here is just being delusional...

________
FZ6 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_FZ6)

Hrith
Dec 16, 2003, 09:14 PM
On 2003-12-16 17:18, MegamanX wrote :
I'm not stubborn, I just think i'm the correct one.
LMAO !!
Yeah, right... you hold the truth. There's no way any force can deal half the damage Kefka can in the same amount of time (excluding bosses), so, what you say ?

Before you reply, look at my sig.

soccerdudegy
Dec 16, 2003, 09:31 PM
Hey X, I think that when you said this was your opinion, that was the closet thing to being right you have said all day. Every single class has it's advantages. I have yet to see a Force that can pack the punch of a HuCast. And the accuracy of a Ramar is hard to beat. The MST of a Fonewearl is through the roof. In your opinion they may be best, but that doesn't mean that it's the only opnion and therefore law. the best class is focast of coarse....just thought I would throw that in there for fun...

ladyjaderiver
Dec 16, 2003, 09:40 PM
*bangs head on wall* And people wonder why I won't take my Fonewearl online... I don't like the bad reputation forces get from people like X.

Ecool
Dec 16, 2003, 09:47 PM
bickering is all I see here, Forces have many advantages when they are on higher levels and are given many mind materials, My best Chara. is a level 79 HUcast( I just got the game in September ok?!) And I fought my friend who has had the game since it's been out on cube, and he battled me with a level 45 force and he owned my ass. Forces can be very strong but there are many "IF"'s and "CAN"'s. And I agree that every class and every race has strengths and weaknesses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ecool on 2003-12-16 18:58 ]</font>

Sef
Dec 16, 2003, 10:02 PM
Maybe X is just testing you guys? On what, I don't know.

But anyways, I'm impartial really. I just probably haven't played long enough to take a side. But where I'm at now, I'm not too good with a force. I may just stick with my RAcast for awhile then go back to my HUmar...Every couple of days I create a new character just on looks...I'm unstable?

But yeah, I'd say just go with what you think looks cool. Be it FO, HU, or RA.

________
mexicocity hotel (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

Hrith
Dec 16, 2003, 10:09 PM
On 2003-12-16 19:02, Sef wrote :
Just go with what you think looks cool.
Hell, yes !

ladyjaderiver
Dec 16, 2003, 10:44 PM
*eg* That's why I love all six of my characters... I created what I wanted, not what other people said was good... *huggles characters* Too bad I'm terrible at making pretty characters.

KaFKa
Dec 16, 2003, 11:37 PM
On 2003-12-16 16:48, MegamanX wrote:
lol, forces do own in battle. and unless you can do 780 damage in one hit, I think I could still kill you. And I never said that they were the gods of battle. Dont over-exasterate <---spellcheck) I like HU's and RA's but forces are best in battle with other HU's and RA's. Also help HU's and RA's in team. They have the power to help and the power to kill.

hmm, with my HUnney i can do about 400 damage with a well-timed tech, and while you are getting back up, i hit you again, and again, until im within melee range and whack the holy crap out of you...

yes, make whatever character that looks good to you, with all the hacks and dupes and AR codes, thats all thats really left in the game.

and yes, why cant you just accept that everybody has their ups and downs? you make it seem like FOs are the only good class in the game. i personally have a uber-tweaked FOnney, and wile she does uber damage with her techs. the SECOND i get hit by anything she is down on the ground and getting cluster-f*cked, so there is a god reason why you need support, especially in boss battles

shinto_kuji
Dec 17, 2003, 12:07 AM
-sigh- here we go again... people, no character is better then another, period. every character is good in their own way. i've done the most powerful attack fo in the game, and yes fo are good, but so is every other freaking character that this game has. honestly, someone needs to put a stop to the whole, "my character is better then yours!" arguments. i expect that to come from someone who would say it like, "mins chr pwz0rz Urz L@LZ!!!11!!1" not from people who know how to talk correctly. you should be ashamed of yourself^o^;

EDIT: meh, don't mind the email link

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2003-12-16 21:10 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Dec 17, 2003, 10:11 AM
Someone in my AP Drawing class this morning shared this bit of wisdom:

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and none is better than another."

PaleKid15
Dec 17, 2003, 12:59 PM
I agree that forces are very impressive offline. Online however, is a different story. It is ver difficult to melee online w/ a force(relatively low ata/hp/def) and techs do about half your offline damage. It was quite dissapointing to see my FOmar (who just pwned ULT offline mines with melee) go down in 2 hits online. Then I tried casing, half damage/more hp for enemies= goodbye tp. Similar story with my FOnewearl. She pwned SB offline (yay megid 30/penetrates) and online, I could do nothing but support. A level 126 Fonewearl with a foie merge, Summit Moon, lvl30 foie=350 damage to enemy with lowest EFR on seaside.

As for battle, Fo's USUALLY beat hunters (a la megid or 1500 damage grants). However, if every hit in the combo did damage as it does to an enemy, you would die.

I myself enjoy the laid back style of Forces. My FOnewearl is a cannon offline: pick a spot, stand there, aim, fire, everything is dead.

Wood_Golem
Dec 17, 2003, 01:08 PM
On 2003-12-16 17:02, MegamanX wrote:
hmm 1000 damage... criticals are good. But then again, chances are rare.

Dude my friends HUcast can dish out 1400 with a PB combo per critical and he's only level 140+.
The characters don't win battles dude the people do.

You could have any weapon in the game and you still wouldnt be able to beat a competent player with the weapons they have chosen. The only thing i think would be difficult battling would be a melee FOmar/marl cause they can dish out some serious damage and be sort of "immune" with lv 30 S/D J/Z.. it's all down to tactics though cause i have beaten my friends FOmar twice and it's all down to logic and the rather uncommon "common sense".

Oh and btw criticals depend on your luck (LCK), if you have over 70 like my friends HUcaseal and my HUcast a critical is light-year away from being rare.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wood_Golem on 2003-12-17 10:24 ]</font>

anwserman
Dec 17, 2003, 01:23 PM
I agree wholeheartedly...FOrces own...period...however, it's just not as much fun to play as a FO...cast, dodge, cast, dodge, cast dodge...(unless you melee...but I'm a FOnewearl and can't do that...)

You can melee with a FOnewearl, you just need to make sure you have the right stats in order... having a mind mag on a melee FOnewearl is worthless, up the defense and pow and and dex and you'll be alright.

Also, if I get a 4PB chain going (one with twins), the uber Shifta and Zalure on enemies means my FOnewearl can do nearly 600 damage to an enemy on a single hit.

FOs in battle are pathetic...

Fos in games are pathetic to play...

FOs bragging because they have techs is pathetic...

I actually agree (with the first and third opinion really.) If I'm in battle mode, with the sake of just killing each other in the first room in Forest, I only restort to Megid and Grants and any other attack technique if, and only if, the people I'm playing with can kill me in one hit (J-Sword and Al Rappy). Saves me time and evens out the playing field.

FOs in games aren't pathetic to play... if they cast, and cast, and cast and cast then yes they are pathetic, but throw in some hardcore melee action in there and you've got yourself either A) an experienced gamer looking for a challenge, or B) a dimwit. And you haven't seen anything unless you've seen a FOnewearl deal out almost 600 damage (online!) with a single attack. Most people laugh at me, but the second they see me dish out damage, they honestly respect me some more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FOs that brag about having techniques (ooh... I have megid and you don't!) is stupid, but there is somewhat of a reasoning behind it. There has been moer then one instance where somebody leaves the game and everyone starts worrying whether or not there is a force around... ya know, Shifta and Deband and the allmighty Anti/Resta/Reverser. I mean, if they try starting an argument about why a FOrce is better then a HUnter for instance, yeah that person needs to shut up. But there are times when I'm the only force around and I scold my teammates to save their moons and use them only for me (if I'm the only force), because I have a near unlimited supply of Reverser, and if they're out of moons and I'm dead, there is no way they can revive anybody. Its common sense....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-17 10:24 ]</font>

joluh
Dec 17, 2003, 01:32 PM
Well, it's the person behind the character not the character, a RAcaseal with a good trainer behind her can beat without any problem a FOnewearl with some idiot behind her =) that's all

Also i love all classes, every character it's really good, some of them are not the way i like to play but still, any character it's good, even those HUmars, except that 99.99% of them are plain idiots, it's not because of them, it's because of the idiots behind them, same with all of the other characters

And btw, yeah most of Forces think they're god or something cause they can kill everything it's seconds, my FOnewm it's better than most of them, and i don't make threads with stuff like OMG I'M A FORCE AND I OWN EVERYTHING, RANGERS AND HUNTERS ARE IDTIOS, FORCES RULES 4EVER... naaaah

"The real good player it's the one that can destroy everything without any problem, with a Force, a Ranger and a Hunter, and with a Newman, a Human and an Android"

soccerdudegy
Dec 17, 2003, 05:19 PM
I created what I wanted, not what other people said was good.. Thats right, create what you want. If we created what everyone else wanted, we would never be happy with what we played with. This post is now nothing more then just an firefight it would seem.However, the original post couldn't have produced much more. Like I have said before every class has +'s and -'s. Please people, let's just stop this fighting

Genoa
Dec 18, 2003, 06:19 AM
On 2003-12-16 20:37, KaFKa wrote:

On 2003-12-16 16:48, MegamanX wrote:

hmm, with my HUnney i can do about 400 damage with a well-timed tech, and while you are getting back up, i hit you again, and again, until im within melee range and whack the holy crap out of you...

yes, make whatever character that looks good to you, with all the hacks and dupes and AR codes, thats all thats really left in the game.

and yes, why cant you just accept that everybody has their ups and downs? you make it seem like FOs are the only good class in the game. i personally have a uber-tweaked FOnney, and wile she does uber damage with her techs. the SECOND i get hit by anything she is down on the ground and getting cluster-f*cked, so there is a god reason why you need support, especially in boss battles

Are you forgetting when you get knocked down you have brief invunability ? I could cast 2 techniques before you could hit me again ! And yes, I know that all classes have their advantages and disadvantages. But Forces are best in battle, Hunters and Rangers are best on Normal Adventure. Forces have low ATP, DFP, and HP. But they make up for that in TP, MST, and EVP. And I said that in MY OPINION forces are the best. I say this because I haven't had a HU/RA kill me yet. I also said from my EXPERIANCE! And there isn't many forces out there because people just dislike the fact they can't where many weapons.

shinto_kuji
Dec 18, 2003, 12:32 PM
megaman dude, stop before you get some serious flaming going on. in battle, r1 and r5 (the rules where you actually use your char) fo's can't fair too well. all a person has to do is equip uber resists and it makes the fo have the odds stacked up against it. in the other rules, fo are pretty good(esp. fonewm and fonewearl). and no, ra and hu aren't better in normal adventure. thats what just about everyone here is trying to get through your head._. noone is better then another (as far as chars go). thats all there is to it. seriously, you must like digging really deep holes.

Wood_Golem
Dec 18, 2003, 01:31 PM
Are you forgetting when you get knocked down you have brief invunability ? I could cast 2 techniques before you could hit me again !

You sorta contradict yourself here Megaman, the only way to hit twice with a tech is when the target player has a lot of hp and resistance to the element and as such doesn't fall down when hit, in any other situation they fall down, get up and make you feel pain.

shinto_kuji
Dec 18, 2003, 01:41 PM
meh, i should point out that gibarta and rabarta don't knock a person down or give him invulnerability.

Genoa
Dec 18, 2003, 03:23 PM
hmm, I guess I went over-board with the whole force thing. All the people I knew that play PSO said forces were weak so I guess I just wanted to state my knowledge. But... seems I don't know much seeing I haven't played online and that i'm the superior character in my area. I got carried away, I'm sorry. I should have done more research on HU/RAs. I thought I knew enough about Rangers seeing my highest lvl. character is RAmarl. But I guess i'm just better with my force than I am my ranger. Sorry everybody.