PDA

View Full Version : Snow days

Noone
Dec 16, 2003, 07:04 PM
I'm just wondering, but my school has "emergency snow days", other wise we would have a day off on that day, where we make up snow days instead of taking days away from summer vacation and so we would have a full year of school. Do other people have this? cuz its annoying as hell for me.

Solstis
Dec 16, 2003, 07:24 PM
Florida has hurricane days and such.

polishedweasel
Dec 16, 2003, 08:29 PM
Yup... my school system did.

badbitz
Dec 16, 2003, 08:39 PM
ach..i get no days off...

except vacation, of course!

CGoodness
Dec 16, 2003, 09:45 PM
My school superintendant has to be a freaking eskimo.. im serious.

We got 2 feet of snow yesterday and still has school with all the icy roads and everyhting!

we get 3 snow days here in central New York, anything after takes away from one of our vacations.

BWS-1
Dec 17, 2003, 12:10 AM
More then 50 cm of snow fell around here ... I would have probably missed school if I was still going there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KaFKa
Dec 17, 2003, 12:14 AM
we have days off called "bomb threats" over here, although those are few and far in between.

even though i dont go to school anymore, i still remember everything there is to remember about HS... sad, really...

Dime
Dec 17, 2003, 12:38 AM
California has wild fire, earthquake, and pollution days...

pixelate
Dec 17, 2003, 01:44 AM
Can't remember the last time I saw snow.

Cowboy
Dec 17, 2003, 01:55 AM
At college you can miss as many classes as you want. But it is not exactly recommended, since after 5 absences you get kicked out of the class and don't get your tuition back http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And I've never even gotten a snow day http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Stupid Florida weather.

Edit: typos...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tracon on 2003-12-16 22:57 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Dec 17, 2003, 04:31 AM
On 2003-12-16 21:14, KaFKa wrote:
we have days off called "bomb threats" over here, although those are few and far in between.

even though i dont go to school anymore, i still remember everything there is to remember about HS... sad, really...

I remember back when I lived in Cleveland. They had those. :

CGoodness
Dec 17, 2003, 04:50 PM
Believe it or not, the whole "bomb threat" thing started in MY school district. lol SOme kids made a bomb in like '94 and planted it, then bomb threats were being called into our school everyday and it soon spread around.

Noone
Dec 17, 2003, 04:56 PM
wow, bomb threats... the last time that happened was in middle school so long ago. Anyways, we don't get that much snow in southern Penn compared to the north.

anwserman
Dec 17, 2003, 07:51 PM
Actually, bomb threats have been like popular HS culture. My manager (who is 28) said when she was in high-school people would call bomb threats or pull the fire alarm so they could sit outsite. Thats when kids were intelligent.

Nowadays, or when I was in high-school, kids did the bomb threat and fire alarm during the middle of the winter... erg.

Noone
Dec 17, 2003, 07:57 PM
Kids use to pull fire alarms in my high school, but they always got caught and got a huge fine and suspension.

edit: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noone on 2003-12-17 16:59 ]</font>