PDA

View Full Version : I'm making a melee RAmar, suggestions?

PhotonDrop
Dec 16, 2003, 08:54 PM
My BF will give me an Agito 2001 to use and if you think I'm insane in doing this, consider the following (<--Damn you Bill Nye!):

A Ranger has higher ATA therefore, more hits.

They can use Shifta and Deband, a big plus for melee.

And they can use Partisans for when being suurounded by multilpe enemies.
-----------------------------------------------------

So what kind of equipment should I have?

Ketchup345
Dec 16, 2003, 08:57 PM
Carry a Partisan and Double Saber, and ALWAYS some type of a gun or another, preferably a rifle, since you can. I melee with my RAmarl, and melee weapons seem to hit less than ranged, even if they have higher ATA.

Also belongs in Ep 1&2 M/Q/I/ID probably.

Eihwaz
Dec 16, 2003, 08:59 PM
On 2003-12-16 17:54, PhotonDrop wrote:
My BF will give me an Agito 2001 to use and if you think I'm insane in doing this, consider the following (<--Damn you Bill Nye!):

A Ranger has higher ATA therefore, more hits.

They can use Shifta and Deband, a big plus for melee.

And they can use Partisans for when being suurounded by multilpe enemies.
-----------------------------------------------------

So what kind of equipment should I have?

Actually, RAmars have J/Z, not S/D. They also have pitiful MST. Personally, I'd go with RAcast, buut...

Stag Cutlery is a must have
Um, they really can't use many rare partisans, so I'd use a nice Rainbow Baton or other strong slicer
Some good mechs, of course
and a Spread Needle XD

Ketchup345
Dec 16, 2003, 09:02 PM
On 2003-12-16 17:59, Eihwaz wrote:
Actually, RAmars have J/Z, not S/D. They also have pitiful MST. Personally, I'd go with RAcast, buut...

Um, they really can't use many rare partisans, so I'd use a nice Rainbow Baton or other strong slicer
and a Spread Needle XD

No, RAmars have S/D, HUmars have J/Z (They don't get what would benefit them the most). But they do have the worst MST in the game, useless for the most part, especially at higher levels.

Hrith
Dec 16, 2003, 09:04 PM
Yes, you are crazy, he's the only Ranger I would never melee with >_<

PhotonDrop
Dec 16, 2003, 09:12 PM
Okay, I have it all planned out.

Right now he has a Rifle and a Partisan, but in the future I'll use a Yasminkov3000R and an Yamigarasu.

Sound good?

Eihwaz
Dec 16, 2003, 09:20 PM
On 2003-12-16 18:02, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2003-12-16 17:59, Eihwaz wrote:

and a Spread Needle XD

No, RAmars have S/D, HUmars have J/Z (They don't get what would benefit them the most). But they do have the worst MST in the game, useless for the most part, especially at higher levels.

*slaps forehead, smashes head into wall repeatedly*
...>_<;

GAAH! You're right. Yes, RAmars get S/D...but they have crapola MST. Get a nice Stag Cutlery, a set of good mechs, some sort of multihit weapon, and a rifle. and with that, *poof* melee Ramar.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 16, 2003, 11:40 PM
On 2003-12-16 18:12, PhotonDrop wrote:
Okay, I have it all planned out.

Right now he has a Rifle and a Partisan, but in the future I'll use a Yasminkov3000R and an Yamigarasu.

Sound good?

Yeah, but you'll need more than that. Get a Soul Eater (or Gungnir with high hit%) and a good Mechgun-type for starters. Get him a Twin Brand or whatever better Double Saber RAs can use, too.

Nai_Calus
Dec 16, 2003, 11:58 PM

Actually, in my opinion, they do - Shifta is generally more effective than Zalure(At least at L15, assuming offline and that you're not stupid enough to be meleeing in the Control Tower or somewhere equally painful to deal damage in) Deband is almost always less effective than Jellen when it comes to damage, but Rangers are usually not on the front lines.

Similarily, while especially in earlier areas, a HUmar's Zalure really won't help him that much(Though, in say, Seabed, it becomes very useful), his Jellen will help him -anywhere-, knocking down the ATP of the things he's face-to-face with that otherwise would kill him. Given a choice between S/D and J/Z on a melee fighter, I would take J/Z any day. This is also why I consider FOs that S/D and don't J/Z incompetent. They're only doing half their job - The less important half. Especially when you consider the difference high-level Zalure makes in the more difficult areas. L30 Zalure makes the difference between 0 damage on a Heavy attack to an Ill Gill and a good 138 damage on a Heavy attack, and this is on a FOmar with a Holy Ray using a MIND Mag and 4 God/HPs and thus getting no ATP boost outside of the L30 Shifta he's still doing 0 damage with... But anyway. For a ranged fighter that won't be getting in close, S/D is better to have, and for a melee fighter that -is- close, J/Z is better.

And dear god, don't melee with a RAmar. Make a RAmarl instead and use her. You'll wonder how you lived without one. *hugs ERI*

Eihwaz
Dec 17, 2003, 12:58 AM
On 2003-12-16 20:58, Ian-KunX wrote:

Actually, in my opinion, they do - Shifta is generally more effective than Zalure(At least at L15, assuming offline and that you're not stupid enough to be meleeing in the Control Tower or somewhere equally painful to deal damage in) Deband is almost always less effective than Jellen when it comes to damage, but Rangers are usually not on the front lines.

Similarily, while especially in earlier areas, a HUmar's Zalure really won't help him that much(Though, in say, Seabed, it becomes very useful), his Jellen will help him -anywhere-, knocking down the ATP of the things he's face-to-face with that otherwise would kill him. Given a choice between S/D and J/Z on a melee fighter, I would take J/Z any day. This is also why I consider FOs that S/D and don't J/Z incompetent. They're only doing half their job - The less important half. Especially when you consider the difference high-level Zalure makes in the more difficult areas. L30 Zalure makes the difference between 0 damage on a Heavy attack to an Ill Gill and a good 138 damage on a Heavy attack, and this is on a FOmar with a Holy Ray using a MIND Mag and 4 God/HPs and thus getting no ATP boost outside of the L30 Shifta he's still doing 0 damage with... But anyway. For a ranged fighter that won't be getting in close, S/D is better to have, and for a melee fighter that -is- close, J/Z is better.

And dear god, don't melee with a RAmar. Make a RAmarl instead and use her. You'll wonder how you lived without one. *hugs ERI*

*analyzes J/Z vs S/D discussion by Ian-KunX very inteligently*
Uh, what he said! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

He IS right about the RAmarl. Much seksier character, better ATP, really good ATA, better animations, etc etc. Give her a Morning Glory, Twin Brand, and some Red Mechs, and you're set. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And if you MUST *heavy sigh* go with the *cough* "RAmar", ignore my blurbs about Stag Cutleries, and use a Twin Brand. A Stag can be used until you find a Twin Brand, of course...

Of course, I'm highly HIGHLY biased against RAmars. RAmarls 4ever!!1

If I had to make a RAnger, it'd be a RAmarl, you betcha.

kingmurp
Dec 17, 2003, 06:30 AM
I'd suggest not doing the melee thing. But to each their own. Don't forget to boost def and eva a decent amount.

Logical2u
Dec 17, 2003, 02:08 PM
If you're gonna make a melee ranger, go with a RAmarl. They have less ATA, but Ramar's ata is insanely high, and their support techs and MST are weak compared to those of a RAmarl. Ramarls also benefit from all support techs (SD/JZ)

I'd recommend getting a RAmarl, and up defense and power, and get a good rifle, a shotgun, a Spirit Gugnir, and a diska of somesort. Also

anwserman
Dec 17, 2003, 02:27 PM
I'd take the ability to cast Jellen/Zalure anyday over the ability to cast Shifta/Deband. Why? Get a mag with the twins on it, make sure the IQ is around 200 and sync is around 120 and you've got yourself a very cabable fighter.

Thats why I made my HUmar, I made sure having the twins was a requirement on my mag. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Speaking of which, my mag is now a hamburger due to a very generous St. Rappy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zarana
Dec 18, 2003, 02:12 PM
You're still insane for using a katana. You're also insane for using 2001 instead or 1983.

Besides that, though, I think you should carry some sort of Partisan. After that, probably an S-Rank Twin or Twin Blaze. Everyone has pretty much covered this already, but I'll still say that you should get the 1983 Agito instead if you're going to bother with a katana. It grinds to be more powerful than the Yamigarasu, let alone all the other Agitos.

Genoa
Dec 18, 2003, 03:41 PM
On 2003-12-16 21:58, Eihwaz wrote:

On 2003-12-16 20:58, Ian-KunX wrote:

*analyzes J/Z vs S/D discussion by Ian-KunX very inteligently*
Uh, what he said! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

He IS right about the RAmarl. Much seksier character, better ATP, really good ATA, better animations, etc etc. Give her a Morning Glory, Twin Brand, and some Red Mechs, and you're set. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And if you MUST *heavy sigh* go with the *cough* "RAmar", ignore my blurbs about Stag Cutleries, and use a Twin Brand. A Stag can be used until you find a Twin Brand, of course...

Of course, I'm highly HIGHLY biased against RAmars. RAmarls 4ever!!1

If I had to make a RAnger, it'd be a RAmarl, you betcha.

hehe, i'm so agains't RAmars too, I love RAmarl. But i've grown on Forces now. My FOmar's got Soul Banish & G-Assasin Sabers. Not to mention lvl.30 techs. I love my FOmar ! But for a melee RAmar, you need Twin Brand. And Soul Eater would be nice. Special ability is good but... would be good if you had alot of HP.

Dbc
Dec 20, 2003, 03:24 AM
get a twin blaze for a RAmar if anything......

RedRage
Dec 20, 2003, 11:54 AM
back when i was about lv 110 i got bored and joined a hard game and played my RAmar as a FO with some melee (stag cutlery 75% hit)

This may a little of subject but with all the talk about S/D and J/Z I was wondering if there were any items that increase the range of J/Z, since there are so many that increase S/D range.