PDA

View Full Version : Easiest through C-Mode

Rogue100
Dec 16, 2003, 09:51 PM
Recently, I lost my S-Rank Rifle to FSOD through some stupid carelessnes on my part. Now it seems that the only way to get it back, besides becoming an uber hacker or finding a generic one from some duper (not really interested in that anyway because I liked having a uniquely named weapon) is to go back and do C-Mode again. Therefore, I am going to create a throwaway character for the purpose of getting my weapon back and am wondering what might be the easiest character to get through C-Mode. Personally, I am thinking of a RaCast or Racaseal (I am a fan of the Ranger), but would like to hear some other opinions.

Bill
Dec 16, 2003, 10:12 PM
yes! be a droid. There great. or be a HUmar

Capricornus
Dec 17, 2003, 05:48 AM
On 2003-12-16 19:12, Bill wrote:
yes! be a droid. There great. or be a HUmar

My fave is the Racl (decent HP and good ATA and ATP combined) but then again, thats just me and everybody has his own fave classes I guess.

rena-ko
Dec 17, 2003, 08:41 AM
1c mode... if it has to be a ranger, use an android. capricornus is right, racl would be the best choice.

anyway. if youre speculating on a full team, avoid humar, ramar, ramarl etc... and dont use forces when you dont know how to use them.

good luck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-12-17 06:47 ]</font>

Rain7
Dec 18, 2003, 04:35 AM
Rangers are definetly a good choice for begginers. Making them an android is obvious too. Just don't piss people off by knocking over robots, zapping nano dragons etc. If you're more of an advanced player then try a HUcaseal. HUcaseal rocks!

AxemPunanny
Dec 18, 2003, 05:18 PM
hucaseals can also use guns easier(faster) than any other hunter, having the better ATA. not to mention you got the extra power to boot.

KingChaos
Dec 18, 2003, 05:30 PM
hucaseal's are the best good arp and can use mechs which is helpful

Kasumi19
Dec 18, 2003, 08:30 PM
Rogue I am sorry to hear that you lost your S-rank. I know you worked really hard to get it. Damned FSOD!

I think you should probably go with a Hucaseal or a Racaseal. I currently have my Racaseal at C8 and my Hucaseal at C6 and various characters at C2 and C3 I'm not the best at c-mode yet, but I would be happy to help you in any way I can to get another S-rank. I know you have my guild card just mail me.

Rogue100
Dec 18, 2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks all, I've decided to go with a RAcaseal! Hopefully, I'll have that S-Rank back in my possesion soon!

KingChaos
Dec 19, 2003, 04:16 AM
y not just get 2 to 5 more its fun and not too hard

Jazhara
Dec 19, 2003, 08:07 AM
If you don't have a set team of 4 people, RAs are a bad idea for getting fast S-Ranks.

Why? Because your total playing time to complete includes finding games. While it's not that hard if you play at the right times and speak a little JP, many players will not want to play with an inferior C-mode class. Sure, many western RA fans will argue this point, but as far as most JPs are concerned droid HUs and FOs are the classes for challenge.

If I want a quick S-rank I always go with a FOnl, as they are welcome instantly in any stage, and virtually any team mix.

Rain7
Dec 19, 2003, 09:57 AM
Yes but you have to be an advanced player to play the role of a force propely in c-mode.

Sheik1
Dec 19, 2003, 03:32 PM
If you want to try to learn a FOnl try this:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1330
It is great stuff and I agree with 99% of the information in it. Be aware that this is also TA information and may not be completly welcome in "normal" rooms but will give you a better idea how a FOnl should play.

On 2003-12-19 06:57, Rain7 wrote:
Yes but you have to be an advanced player to play the role of a force propely in c-mode.

Capricornus
Dec 20, 2003, 09:47 AM
On 2003-12-19 05:07, Jazhara wrote:
If you don't have a set team of 4 people, RAs are a bad idea for getting fast S-Ranks.

Why? Because your total playing time to complete includes finding games. While it's not that hard if you play at the right times and speak a little JP, many players will not want to play with an inferior C-mode class. Sure, many western RA fans will argue this point, but as far as most JPs are concerned droid HUs and FOs are the classes for challenge.

If I want a quick S-rank I always go with a FOnl, as they are welcome instantly in any stage, and virtually any team mix.

I think you should make a difference between normal 'clear' games and 'TA'games.
If you talk about TA games, then RAcl is definetely a bad choice (and I sure would never have advised that class (you really have to be a pro to play a TA game with a RA) Best class for TA games are HUcl (my personal fave) HUct and FOnl.
But Rogue only wants to 'clear' Cmode, so the best class in my opinion is the RAcl (chances being hit are very less seen the fact that you use a gun -> saving mates to give to the others) Also the RAcl has the best defense of all classes. If JP players are 'clearing' a C stage, they will rarely refuse a RA (JP TA players will, but this is not an issue here)
Sure a RA will take a little bit longer to clear some stages but it sure will take less retries then other classes.

Xeno_M
Dec 22, 2003, 10:46 AM
I agree with Jazhara. RA's are frowned upon by alot of players (ignorant players) so it might be hard to find a game. Unless you sit on Alcyone 6 and just wait for a team to open up. But if you create a team chances are people wont join a lone Ranger.

HUceasal on the other hand is a peice of cake to use, even for beginners. Very high ATA allows them to not miss as much when melee. And if you start running low on mates, you can always pick up a gun and use it. They can use all the good handgun types reletivly quickly in every Challenge (except Railguns, that takes some arms... and maybe the lockgun in c5 takes a bit... i forget)

So i'd give HUceasal a shot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But what do i know?

One other thing. I sometimes find it very frustrating to use RAcaseal (i have a BU EI one) or any Ranger. Some games you'll go for a long time without finding a better gun. So you'll be stuck with same 0% Handgun/Autogun for a long time. And with that inferior weapon you are very weak, and frankly bout worthless (other then being good for canceling damage and getting the Hunters smacked constantly) But then on the bright side, say you find a Dim Rifle with hit %. You'll be the MVP of the C http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Taking down Nano's with one shot. Pan Arms, dead! Mwhahahahah

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeno_M on 2003-12-22 07:51 ]</font>