PDA

View Full Version : Just a question on Dupes

LordDrago
Dec 17, 2003, 04:58 PM
How can you tell if a weapon is a dupe because I have a TJ, supposedly legit(got for free) and want to know the truth is there a way??

Aurra
Dec 17, 2003, 05:12 PM
There's no real way to tell, you just have to use common sense. That TJ is definitely not legit.

monkeyfist
Dec 17, 2003, 05:22 PM
all tj's=dupes

don't tell me there used to be a legit one. it is long gone and there is no chance you have it

_Ted_
Dec 17, 2003, 08:40 PM
On 2003-12-17 14:22, monkeyfist wrote:
all tj's=dupes

don't tell me there used to be a legit one. it is long gone and there is no chance you have it

Didn't Barubary confirm that there was a way to unseal the J-Sword? Doesn't that mean that there are legit TJ's?

CGoodness
Dec 17, 2003, 09:19 PM
On 2003-12-17 13:58, LordDrago wrote:
How can you tell if a weapon is a dupe because I have a TJ, supposedly legit(got for free) and want to know the truth is there a way??

Just think of it this way.. If someone had a legit TJ Sword, they wouldn't ever wanna give it up... for free, at least.

Superguppie
Dec 18, 2003, 04:30 AM
Yeah, by the time I have a TJ, Its one I made myself. And not a chance I'm gonna give it up.

There are some rules by which you can suspect stuff to be duped.
- If an item is supposed to be extremely rare, or expensive to make, and someone is handing it out, it's a dupe. 3x100% requires soo many P-drops, I would only do it on a weapon I'd actualy use. It would then be so valuable even trading it was out of the question.
- Impossible items (like the BKB with 300% hit and the lvl200+ MAGs) are also dupes. Dupes of hacks that is.
- Even less rare stuff can be suspect. Lowlvlz with loads and loads of 10 and 11 star stuff strike me as odd.
- Ask for legit stuff. If you are asked 'wot is luhdjit?' you can be almost certain you get offered dupes, although the one offering doesn't know it...

-Luke-
Dec 18, 2003, 06:11 AM
w00t, free legit TJs thas a hoot and a holler!
Luke

heyf00L
Dec 18, 2003, 02:06 PM
and want to know the truth is there a way??
http://trueconsoles.homestead.com/files/theperiod.gif

Zarana
Dec 18, 2003, 02:57 PM
Aww, that's so precious. The guy told you it was legit and you believed him! Congratulations, though, as if it is really legit, you found the stupidest person on earth. Possibly the evolutionary Missing Link, alive and playing PSO. Because outside of an incredibly stupid man or a moderately intelligent ape, no one would ever find a J-Sword, spend all that time unsealing it, and give it to you for free.

If you didn't discover a new species of human or the world's most intelligent ape, though, that Sword is a dupe. Without question.