PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Chaos Ripple: Prologue

Chaos_Phoenix
Dec 18, 2003, 02:45 PM
Here it is... Don't worry, it will make more sense as KoR progresses...
-----------------------------------------------------

The room was quite large, but very, very dark. The only lights emanated from the large glowing creature in the middle of the room. Now, this glowing creature was none other than the God of Desolation, Chaoz, whom was set on ruling the universe. If that could not be achieved, it would be just as happy to destroy it. Now, no human alive knows what Chaoz looks like, because none can behold it's infinite perfection. Even if they could, they wouldn?t live long enough to enjoy it. Chaoz's servant, IDOLA, would be right behind the beholder, ready to kill. But, a select few have laid eyes on IDOLA, but none are glad that they have. His hideousness is something to be reckoned with. If looks could kill, you would most certainly be dead.

"Master, I shall do all that I can," spoke IDOLA, who was feeling eager to travel to a new world. IDOLA waited for it's Master?s instructions. "I shall find you the perfect host, and will eliminate his soul. Then, it will be ready for you, and we can destroy the planet!" cackled IDOLA. "I can see that you are growing restless, so I shall root out the inner core of Ragol, and you may reside there until I am able to find you a host. From there, you will be able to draw on the powers of Chaos, and thrive there. But, the powers there, from what I can tell, are limitless. We will need to devise a way to control the chaos that you are receiving. Perhaps I shall be able to construct Photon columns that can act as breakers." IDOLA?s speech was interrupted by a low growl. "Why must we control the flow of chaos? Because with ultimate chaos comes ultimate destruction. I can't have you overloading before the time is right," chuckled IDOLA. Another growl emitted from Chaoz, this time a bit louder. "Do not worry, you will still have all the control you can handle, and then some. You will be able to control the monsters, and even the feeble-minded creatures that reside there. I have also heard rumors that the great God Falz resides on Ragol. Perhaps he shall be a host?" asked IDOLA, in a raspy tone. Chaoz's roar was enough for IDOLA. "What do you mean 'I can?t possess other Gods'? Where's the fun in invading if I can't...... hmm... I just got an idea, Master. What if I merely overpowered him, and allowed you to have control over him? Would that work, Master?" gleefully pronounced IDOLA, nearly jumping for joy. In fact, it would have, if it had legs. Another roar from Chaoz stopped IDOLA's little dance. "What? You don?t want to do that? Well, can I at least make Falz evil, so that he will not be a threat?" asked the deflated IDOLA. There was a small grunt from Chaoz, and IDOLA began to dance cheerfully once again. "Thank you Master, for this opportunity. You shall not regret this, I promise!!" With that, IDOLA was gone, heading straight for Ragol.

IDOLA had not expected the atmosphere to be so relentless, and so his spacecraft was soon nothing more than a flaming ball of junk. As it plummeted towards the surface, it was quite thankful that it was already dead. As the ship impacted, a large explosion was made, leaving a large crater. Falz, hearing the noise, decided to investigate. When he found the destroyed ship, he worried that there may be humans inside, and that they were hurt. He quickly ripped off the tattered hull door, and looked inside --- empty. This confused Falz, for he saw nor heard anyone or anything eject, so there must be something within the ship. Little did he know, IDOLA was already out of the ship, and spreading misery. For you see, IDOLA was not a complete waste to Chaoz, for IDOLA was the only thing in the universe that could alter the DNA patterns of the miracle cell X, and change it into a D-Cell, which would harm, instead of help. Gathering the particles of X-Cells, IDOLA began changing them into D-Cells. He then gathered them into a large clump, and spread them all over the planet of Ragol. Falz soon realized that something was terribly wrong with the animals of the planet, because they soon became quite violent. Falz grew very concerned when he learned that humans would soon be coming to this planet, for he feared that the animals would turn even more hostile, having to share their land. So, Falz did all that he could to prevent the humans from coming. He even, quite reluctantly, destroyed the unmanned space crafts sent by Pioneer I to check the environment. At last, the crafts stopped coming, and all seemed well. As Falz returned to his courtyard, he sensed an evil presence somewhere near. He carefully investigated, and was surprised by the appearance of IDOLA.

"What are you, and what are you doing here?!" growled Falz, irritated that something would dare invade his sanctuary. The evil IDOLA just smiled.
"Foolish Falz. You are about to be overpowered, and all you can do is ask questions," cackled IDOLA. Falz was getting very upset at this point, even to the extent of drawing his large sword.
"What are you, and what are you doing here?!!" Falz asked once again, his voice raised. IDOLA just stood and laughed as he began to once again gather X-Cell particles from the air.
"My name is IDOLA," the creature started, "and I am here to overpower and gain control of YOU!" smiled IDOLA, now altering the cells into D-Cells.
"And, how do you propose to do that?" laughed the infuriated Falz.
"Like this..." IDOLA grinned, blowing the clump of D-Cells right towards Falz. They quickly entered through his mouth, and began infecting everything within Falz's body.
"Arrrrgh! What are you doing to me?!?" demanded Falz, his entire body being affected by the D-Cells.
"Like I said, overpowering, and taking control of you!" Cackled IDOLA once again. Within minutes, Falz knew that if he didn't do anything, he would be in the control of this creature. So, he did the only thing that he could think of. He dragged himself over to his Sacred Obelisk, and placed his hand upon it. "What are you doing?" questioned IDOLA, a bit concerned at Falz's resistance to the D-Cells.
"Making sure that you don?t use me," was Falz's response as he sealed himself within the Obelisk. When IDOLA realized this, it began to grow frantic.
"This isn?t good. How will we be able to use him now...? ....Wait, as long as he isn?t in the way, he is no concern of me. Ha ha ha!" laughed the now gleeful IDOLA as it began once again spread desolation for it's Master. "Now, to find a perfect host..." it said as he disappeared.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaos_Phoenix on 2003-12-18 18:07 ]</font>

Gnarled_rose
Dec 21, 2003, 11:19 PM
Well, that wasn't too bad; but I think there's a certain....flair that seems to be missing.
And because I have a firm belief that the universe cannot be controlled or destroyed, I'm thinking that Chaoz will have to settle for drastically altering a large section of it.
And was IDOLA meant to come off as a yes man?
Nevertheless, it was an interesting distraction. Worth reading if you want one fan's view on Ragol's astral plane.