PDA

View Full Version : My rant

DOG21313
Dec 18, 2003, 05:14 PM
Hmm... Well, here's my rant:

Lately, I've come to PSOW not to talk about PSO as normal, for I don't play it as much as I used to. I come to PSOW to talk to others, and mainly get my mind off of my real life, and focus on something more fun. I come here so I can joke around and be myself, not worrying about anything else, like my crush thinking I'm completely nuts. But, apparently, that's not the case. I have been being the end of cruel jokes here, and have accepted it for as long as I could before realizing that its just the same, if not worse than my real life. I don't know how many times I have been called a noob in the past few days, but it is far too much. I come here to escape from the dangers and embarrassments of real life, but, apparently, have not succeeded. I don't come here so people can be mean to me and further lower my self esteem. I haven't gotten a whole lot of sleep lately, and some of my schoolwork is suffering due to that, so I come here to get my mind off of it. I come here to have fun, but end up trying to not have a breakdown while accepting that most here think of me as an outcast.

I won't waste any more of your time, that's my rant.

Thanks if you were nice enough to even look at it.

KaFKa
Dec 18, 2003, 05:40 PM
...o.0?

well, you have made a joke of yourself a few times before, so most people think you're ok with it...

also, if you let people thrash on you without any sort of reprisal, its just going to get worse...

i know how life can be a complete b!tch some times, but dont let it get to you. (works for me, but again, thats just me)...

ABDUR101
Dec 18, 2003, 05:48 PM
If someone is outright flaming you, let us know, but really, don't goto a website to get self esteem.

DOG21313
Dec 18, 2003, 05:50 PM
On 2003-12-18 14:40, KaFKa wrote:
...o.0?

well, you have made a joke of yourself a few times before, so most people think you're ok with it...

also, if you let people thrash on you without any sort of reprisal, its just going to get worse...

i know how life can be a complete b!tch some times, but dont let it get to you. (works for me, but again, thats just me)...

Its different, at least to me, if its for fun or not. Lately, not just in FKL, I've gotten annoyed by serious ones, and now I'm getting pissed off. The reason I had put up that joke in FKL is because I made that while I was messing around one day, and thought I'd put it up because I had just gotten an Imagestation account and had nothing better to do.

DOG21313
Dec 18, 2003, 05:52 PM
On 2003-12-18 14:48, ABDUR101 wrote:
If someone is outright flaming you, let us know, but really, don't goto a website to get self esteem.

I never said I did that, I said that I come here to have fun, but cannot do that when people are being jerks.

KaFKa
Dec 18, 2003, 05:52 PM
On 2003-12-18 14:48, ABDUR101 wrote:
but really, don't goto a website to get self esteem.

truer words have never been spoken in this instance...

Solstis
Dec 18, 2003, 06:12 PM
uh???

Mixfortune
Dec 18, 2003, 06:13 PM
Hmm I think I may have played a hand in this somewhere.
Just for the record, I never intended to offend you or others. It seems my signature trace of light sarcasm went off the deep end there... and I still think there's something about my avatar that makes people think I'm evil or something...

I think it was a matter of wrong time, wrong place, and the styles in which you and I post just happened to recieve each other in the worst possible way.

KaFKa
Dec 18, 2003, 06:17 PM
dude, mixfortune, get off your guilt trip, it wasnt your fault *shakes him*

Mixfortune
Dec 18, 2003, 06:19 PM

ABDUR101
Dec 18, 2003, 06:36 PM
On 2003-12-18 14:52, DOG21313 wrote:
I never said I did that, I said that I come here to have fun, but cannot do that when people are being jerks.

I know you did'nt say that, but you're on the internet where assholes and egos come a dime a dozen, and where people get offended because they read something the wrong way.

This is the internet, take things with a grain of salt yeah?

DOG21313
Dec 18, 2003, 06:39 PM
On 2003-12-18 15:36, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2003-12-18 14:52, DOG21313 wrote:

I know you did'nt say that, but you're on the internet where assholes and egos come a dime a dozen, and where people get offended because they read something the wrong way.

This is the internet, take things with a grain of salt yeah?

Hmm...

And Mixfortune, no, it wasnt you.

Ness
Dec 18, 2003, 06:44 PM
DOG, I have always liked and respected you and I say this to you as not only an advisor, but as a friend too:

For God's sake, it's the fucking internet!!! It's not meant to be taken seriously by any means!

If I had the same attitude you did about things, I would have left here a long time ago because I was harrased by lot of people when I first got here. Also why would you let the term n00b get to you? I've heard alot worse, trust me.

Do what you want. Who cares about what other people think?

opaopajr
Dec 18, 2003, 06:54 PM
wisdom!

life is gonna be an unrelenting hell if you are already this fragile.

learn!

Kasumi19
Dec 18, 2003, 07:54 PM
DOG I am not even sure who you are, but I know that no one should ever take insults on the internet seriously.

I do not even take the ones in real life seriously. People who see the need to make fun of others usually want to make themselves feel better in some way so they put others down. I know you mentioned people saying using the word noob as an insult and my thought on that is everyone is a noob at something when they first start out, so to me it is just stupid to use that as an insult anyways.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 18, 2003, 08:01 PM
'Insulting' in my view is just a childish game of words meant to break down one another's mind. The weaker one always goes first, and the other just feels better about him/herself until someone bigger comes along and breaks them down. It's a stupid process, and serves no purpose. Don't let it get to you, otherwise they win, and they can keep doing it. Also, don't try to insult others, because then you will be no better than those whom you dispise for their insults towards you.

Dime
Dec 18, 2003, 08:11 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:01, SpikeOtacon wrote:
'Insulting' in my view is just a childish game of words meant to break down one another's mind. The weaker one always goes first, and the other just feels better about him/herself until someone bigger comes along and breaks them down. It's a stupid process, and serves no purpose. Don't let it get to you, otherwise they win, and they can keep doing it. Also, don't try to insult others, because then you will be no better than those whom you dispise for their insults towards you.

95% of people that say that still go on doing it. It's not as easy as it sounds.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 18, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:11, Dime wrote:

95% of people that say that still go on doing it. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Wow....those odds suck.

Black000Moon
Dec 18, 2003, 08:19 PM
if anyone gets u mad just tell them to f off that solves everything(well for me)

DOG21313
Dec 18, 2003, 08:20 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:19, Black000Moon wrote:
if anyone gets u mad just tell them to f off that solves everything(well for me)

I should try that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Monomate
Dec 18, 2003, 08:27 PM
sorry!!!

there was more behind that than you know...that rant wasn't really aimed at you and KaFKa, but at the people in FKL that accused mimicr of ruining FKL...(my point was that they accused mimicr of ruining FKL, and were now sitting by and doing nothing while you and KaFKa basically did the exact same thing...only it's twice as annoying because there's two of ya now...btw, it is my belief that mimicr did not ruin FKL, nor is it my belief that you are ruining FKL...i don't know what's eating FKL...but it's getting bad...and yalls nonsense isn't helping the situation...methinks we need some new blood in FKL...unfortunately...anytime somebody new shows up...they post nonsensical spam, and are eaten alive by the Fresh Killers...gah...)

anyway...i's sorry...i've gots a lot on memind so, like mixfortune i'm really really snappy lately...

hmmm...this is a long and very weird post...

anyways, i'm sorry if i offended you...

seems lotsa ppls around PSOW are steppping on each others toes...there's a lot of tension around...

KaFKa
Dec 18, 2003, 08:32 PM
notice that if this were placed in FKL, the same exact ppl would have responded o.0?

guess it shows that FKLers are different... i think...

to mono: of the 50+ posts i've made in FKL, only 6-7 were mindless. (not counting that useless spam thread) and you're still accusing me/DOG of killing FKL...

Monomate
Dec 18, 2003, 08:51 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:27, Monomate wrote:
btw, it is my belief that mimicr did not ruin FKL, nor is it my belief that you are ruining FKL...i don't know what's eating FKL...but it's getting bad...and yalls nonsense isn't helping the situation...

nope...actually i said i don't blame the ruin of FKL on you

another thing: it's not just you two...it's just that you two are the most obvious...especially with that whole http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif topic...

KaFKa
Dec 18, 2003, 08:53 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:51, Monomate wrote:
especially with that whole http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif topic...

dont you ever bring that up again...

Kasumi19
Dec 19, 2003, 04:47 AM

I think it is really easy. I just do not care what people think of me and they can insult me as much as they want to. I know the reason they do it and won't give them the satisfaction of getting a rise out of me. If I actually cared I could retaliate but that would require effort and most people simply are not worth the time to do so.

I am entitled to my opinions whether they are good and bad. I have the right!

Ness
Dec 19, 2003, 01:33 PM
*EDIT*

Darn double-post!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2003-12-19 10:34 ]</font>

Ness
Dec 19, 2003, 01:34 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:18, SpikeOtacon wrote:

On 2003-12-18 17:11, Dime wrote:

Wow....those odds suck.

Especially when you consider the fact that they were made up.

Monomate
Dec 19, 2003, 05:59 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:53, KaFKa wrote:

On 2003-12-18 17:51, Monomate wrote:
especially with that whole http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif topic...

dont you ever bring that up again...

i'm cool if youre cool cap'n...