PDA

View Full Version : Barta Merge

RaikoStormX
Dec 18, 2003, 08:36 PM
Well here goes. I am on normal with a FOmar. I am at level 26(I have been playing for 5 months, but not too often).The rarest item I have is my barta merge (9 stars). I know its not that good, but its got a good dfense and looks cool. Still i wanna know if its actually good. I don't use barta often. The closest of the barta family I use is Gibarta.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 18, 2003, 08:59 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:36, RaikoStormX wrote:
Well here goes. I am on normal with a FOmar. I am at level 26(I have been playing for 5 months, but not too often).The rarest item I have is my barta merge (9 stars). I know its not that good, but its got a good dfense and looks cool. Still i wanna know if its actually good. I don't use barta often. The closest of the barta family I use is Gibarta.

It has a crappy defense.

It boosts Barta by 30%, only good if you use Barta.

By the time you reach Ultimate and become more experienced, chances are you'll start to hate Gibarta, but until then, if you really use it a lot, a Gibarta Merge might be good for you.

Squeege
Dec 18, 2003, 09:02 PM
On 2003-12-18 17:36, RaikoStormX wrote:
its got a good dfense and looks cool

Yeah...ummm....no it doesn't because I got one and saw that a normal barrier had a better defense....yeah....

soccerdudegy
Dec 18, 2003, 09:06 PM
forces are suseptable to damage and you need to be careful if you do equipt it because you will take more hits. only use it if you use barta a lot.

Genoa
Dec 18, 2003, 10:35 PM
You chose the Melee force. I would try to get some G-Assasin Sabers (if you don't already have any). Only 390 ATP. And you can get it on normal (I did alteast). I favor FOmar over everyone else anyway. Ahem, MY OPINION ! NOBODY JUMP ON ME ! I couldn't take that again. Anyway, Don't focus all that much on merges. The only merges worth getting are the ones that boost a whole series of techs. Example: If you find a Blue Barrier, Don't use barta, gibarta, or rabarta amplifier on it. Use Amplifier of Blue. It boosts the damage of all barta techs. (regular, gi, and ra) But I would just stick with something like Attribute Wall. But seeing the level your at, I would where the store bought barriers. Secret Gear is good too (lvl.41) Keep training your FOmar. Once he's on ult, it'l be alot easier. Though some might disagree with me, once your force has gotten high-level technique disks and good melee and long-range weapons, you should be able to really good in the forest. But the problem with ultimate is, most enemies elemental weaknesses change. If you want to know I could tell you but it would take to long... and iv'e said alot already so... good luck with your FOmar !

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 18, 2003, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Forest Enemy Resistances: (taken from personal experience)

Foie - Bartle, Gulgus, Sil Dragon, El Rappy, Pal Rappy
Barta - Tollaw
Zonde - Mothvist, Mothvert, Barble, Gulgus-Gue
Grants - Hildelt, Hildetorr

there you go, only one I'm not sure on is Pal Rappy, since I'm usually worrying more about killing it than killing it with whatever it's weakest to, but I remember Foie being helpful

lain2k3
Dec 18, 2003, 10:46 PM
On 2003-12-18 19:40, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:

Barta - Tollaw

there you go, only one I'm not sure on is Pal Rappy, since I'm usually worrying more about killing it than killing it with whatever it's weakest to, but I remember Foie being helpful

Rappies are also quite weak to barta.

and I like gibarta, whats your beef?

lol

Genoa
Dec 18, 2003, 10:49 PM
well there ya go... I was just lazy.... yeah...

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 19, 2003, 01:01 AM
On 2003-12-18 19:46, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2003-12-18 19:40, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:

Barta - Tollaw

Rappies are also quite weak to barta.

and I like gibarta, whats your beef?

lol

My only FO in Ult's a FOnewearl, that's what http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Gibarta seems to me like a crapped-down mixture of Barta and Rabarta, personally I'd rather use those two techs seperately. Barta is the only Simple tech I use often in Ruins because of its penetrating ability and fast casting speed... I love barta http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Eihwaz
Dec 19, 2003, 02:25 AM
Merge question? The Red/Blue/Yellow merges boost the appropriate techs 20%, correct? Doesn't a, say, Rafoie merge boost Rafoie, but 30%? Otherwise, all the different tech-based merges would be pointless...

Jazhara
Dec 19, 2003, 05:18 AM
Simple class merges are great for certain bosses once your tech level is 21+, but other than that a FOmar should be using Normal class merges.

Genoa
Dec 19, 2003, 05:38 PM
When you get good enough tech disks you should make a mag with alot of POW (somewhere over 100) and go Melee. You would have great ATP and have MST to back you up when you need it. Shifta/Deband and Jellen/Zalure lvl.30 are sooo good. I do my forest runs with my Angry Fist and G-Assasin Sabers and only use those 4 techs. Well... I guess you could count resta. But after the Jellen lvl.30, they rarely hit me. And if they do it's somewhere in the 2-60 damage catagory.