PDA

View Full Version : Help me!!!

Caprice
Dec 18, 2003, 11:00 PM
Allright, i got a new mag, and when I looked on here to see what it did, (not photon blast, but like when your facing a boss it does "blank") and it showed up with a syble that had three rings vertically. What does it mean?

anwserman
Dec 18, 2003, 11:02 PM
I'm thinking the blast is Pilla... I'm not sure, I don't have the game playing right now, but it is a weak "Heaven's Punisher" attack, along the lines of what Falz and Olga do.

EDIT: Misread your post. It probably means Resta, Invincibility or Shifta/Deband. I'm guessing Invincibility since there is no symbol for it (and if it was Resta, S/D or Reverser the technique symbols would have taken its place.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-18 20:04 ]</font>

Genoa
Dec 18, 2003, 11:05 PM
You mean when it boosts you? It sometimes (depending on your IQ) heals you near death, revives you from death, and casts Shifta/Deband at the begining of fighting a boss.
This might not be exactly on the same subject but do you know about Photon chains and Photon Donations?

Cengah
Dec 18, 2003, 11:05 PM
That means it makes you invincible for a short period of time.

Genoa
Dec 18, 2003, 11:08 PM
oops, forgot about the invincibility. yeah, it was probably that. Little yellow rings flowing up your body and your mag is doing a strange animation. Sychro: When you recieve damage, PB is filled (the higher the more PB generated) And when you frequently attack it fills (also helps increase damage/support of PB
IQ: Helps support YOU in battle. (all the things I listed on other post)

Caprice
Dec 18, 2003, 11:10 PM
thank you for all of your help.

Caprice
Dec 18, 2003, 11:12 PM
This might not be exactly on the same subject but do you know about Photon chains and Photon Donations?

no I do not, please explain.

Genoa
Dec 18, 2003, 11:13 PM
All About Photon Blasts - Chaining and Donating
Photon Blast
When a MAG charges up enough photon energy it can release a powerful Photon Blast that can either attack enemies or assist its master and companions.

PB Chain
Multiple PBs can be generated into a chain of up to four PBs. Each PB must be cast within seconds of each other (the length of the grinding charge-up noise) and two successive PBs cannot be identical. Chains effectively boost damage done to enemies and increase Resta and Shifta & Deband effects exponentially. All enemy kills will be counted for all characters who took part in the PB chain. Also, all effects of Resta and Shifta & Deband will be cast upon all characters who took part in the PB chain.

PB Donations
When a character unleashes a PB the other members of the party can opt to donate PB by pressing the Y button before the PB animations begin (the length of the grinding charge-up noise). Each donation costs 10% photon energy. By donating to another character's PB one can receive experience from enemies killed as well as gain the benefits of Resta and Shifta & Deband. Donating isn't as effective as chaining PBs.

PB Chain And Donations
A team can opt to combine both chains and donations depending on how full everyone's PB guages are. Effects will only be as strong as the amount of PBs chained, but the effects can be shared with the players who only have the ability to donate.

Photon Blast Descriptions
PB: Estilla
A dolphin-like creature that attacks in a linear motion in the direction the character is facing. Damage is exceptionally high and range is about that of a handgun bullet. Damage is better at maximum Synchro and IQ and increases notably with chains.

PB: Farlla
A serpentine creature that attacks in a circular diameter around the character. Damage is moderate and radius is about that of a mechgun burst. Damage is better at maximum Synchro and IQ and increases notably with chains.

PB: Golla
An elk-like creature that attacks a single target. Damage is the highest of all offensive PBs, but only one target will be attacked. Damage is better at maximum Synchro and IQ and increases notably with chains.

PB: Leilla
A mermaid-like creature that casts Resta. Gives better restoration of HP at maximum Synchro and IQ and increases notably with chains.

PB: Mylla & Youlla
A pair of bumbling twins that cast Shifta & Deband. Using a solo PB the techniques are roughly the equivallent of level 22 with maximum Synchro and IQ. With two PBs chained the techniques are roughly level 35 with maximum Synchro and IQ. With three PBs chained the techniques are roughly level 44 with maximum Synchro and IQ. With four PBs chained the techniques are roughly level 50 with maximum Synchro and IQ.

PB: Pilla
A celestial creature that attacks in a circular diameter around the character. Damage is exceptional on most enemies (some enemies have resistance to it) and radius is about that of a mechgun burst. Damage is better at maximum Synchro and IQ and increases notably with chains.

Guide by VulpesMundi

Caprice
Dec 18, 2003, 11:17 PM
thanx

Ecool
Dec 18, 2003, 11:21 PM
Lol, I guess I was too late to give ya an answer

Genoa
Dec 18, 2003, 11:24 PM
You know... I've known the PB chain/donations for such a long time, and I've never done the donations yet. Mostly because I don't play online and that my friends never get hurt enough to use PB (because I save them) Not really trying to brag, i'm just tired of playing with people that aren't on ulitmate. (I guess you could put it that way...)