PDA

View Full Version : Can I go online if...?

Myopathy
Dec 20, 2003, 04:35 AM
Here's my situation...I lost my original PSO game disk. I'm trying to get another copy of the game, but would I be able to go online without the original game disk? I still have the GC and BBA and everything. I figured I could but I wasn't sure if the HL is specific to my GC or to the game disk. Thanks!

And if I can't go online, can I still play offline with an old char without having to make a new one?

Rich_T
Dec 20, 2003, 06:30 AM
you willl have no problems suing any disc as long as its from the same region, or any gamecube.
as the HL is tied into the actual game save, and is not dependant on console or software disc.

You said you lost the origanal, ho did you lose it?
and have youi still got the serial number/access key?

Myopathy
Dec 20, 2003, 06:37 AM
I still have the box, so yeah i still have the serial and access key and such. I'm not really sure how I lost the disk. It's just not here anymore, which you can guess, is quite frustrating seeing as how I haven't played for like a week and a half, and when I finally get to play...no disk. I'm guessing someone "borrowed" it sometime. Hopefully, I'll get it back when the next term starts and I can start asking around.

Also, do any of you know where I can rent PSO for GC? I've tried a lot of Blockbusters and Hollywood Videos and nobody seems to carry it.

Thanks a lot for the response, now I know it's worth it to go and try to hunt down another disk.

Rich_T
Dec 20, 2003, 12:37 PM
its probably not available to rent because of the serial number/access key.

-Geshtar-
Dec 20, 2003, 12:42 PM
Aye, no one is allowed to rent it out on account there would be a lot of cpmplaint plus there isent enough copies of the game to give out to rental stores (the serial numbers and access keys).Back when the dreamcast PSO was released, it was rentable and soon..very soon it was taken off shelves on account of people renting it, useing the serial numbers and then the next person could not play online...so your gonna have to check Ebay for a copy.