PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way for lv. 50-80ers to level up?

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 12:12 PM
Topic. I developed a method that allows my to gain 17k in about 12 minutes (Forest 1 and 2 of SoaB on Very Hard, if you must know). But when I get to lv. 50, the amount of EXP you get from that metod is not enough, most of the time. I am planning on getting to lv. 70 before fighting Falz (Because I should be able to use my Red Handgun then).

Also, please do not say Heat Sword, as I am not paying that ridicilous monthly fee....

(Also, while I am here...according to the PSOworld guides, there is no difference in the TP cost of a lv. 6 Resta and a lv. 20 Resta. Is this true?)

lain2k3
Dec 20, 2003, 12:18 PM
go fight falz now. get into ult. its not difficult.

and level 20 resta costs 37 tp, level 6 resta costs less

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 12:22 PM
Erm...fight Falz at lv. 49? IMO, that's sudicide. I don't have enough HP to survive Grants (yet), and I don't have a good Blaster before the Red Handgun.

And are you sure about the Resta decision? My lv. 6 Resta costs 22 TP, and I think that is not a large gap between TP and Tech level.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 20, 2003, 12:30 PM
Get a couple Dragon/HPs and/or God/HPs, and a Dragon Frame with slots (gives 20 ELT IIRC)

As long as you have around 400 HP or more, and stay at full HP, you should be fine. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

rena-ko
Dec 20, 2003, 12:33 PM
offline? beating falz that early?
1 vhard mines run gives as much exp as 1 ult forest run. also caves, mines and ruins on vhard usually contain some nice rares here and there (nar lilly drops for example... or god/arm from purplenum dubchic)

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 12:37 PM
I'm not offline only...when I was online for the free trial, I did amass a large amount of duped and hacked equipment (Most of the good equipment, basically). So basically, I'm not concerned about how much damage I do to him, it's how I can survive. And like I said, I won't be able to hit him easily until I get enough ATA for a Red Handgun...

rena-ko
Dec 20, 2003, 01:16 PM
just find yourself a raygun with enough hit. its not the damage that you do but the fact that you hit falz at all.

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 01:20 PM
On 2003-12-20 10:16, rena-ko wrote:
just find yourself a raygun with enough hit. its not the damage that you do but the fact that you hit falz at all.
Exactly. My Red Handgun has 100% Hit and 100% Dark (Hence, it is teh hacked)

lain2k3
Dec 20, 2003, 02:25 PM
On 2003-12-20 10:20, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2003-12-20 10:16, rena-ko wrote:
Exactly. My Red Handgun has 100% Hit and 100% Dark (Hence, it is teh hacked)

I've beaten VH falz at levels 48, 44, 41, 50.

It's really easy, I swear to you.

and I FOUND a red handgun that tekked to 0/100/0/100/50 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 02:29 PM
I COULD probably beat him, but since I am playing as a character with low HP and DFP, It might be difficult. Also, Like I said, I am waiting for enough ATA to use my handgun.

And, congrats on finding that super Red Handgun, I guess? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

lain2k3
Dec 20, 2003, 02:38 PM
On 2003-12-20 11:29, Zinger314 wrote:
I COULD probably beat him, but since I am playing as a character with low HP and DFP, It might be difficult. Also, Like I said, I am waiting for enough ATA to use my handgun.

And, congrats on finding that super Red Handgun, I guess? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

I beat him at level 41 with a FONEWM.

thats like the lowest hp you can get, pal. (cept fomar and fonewearl)

KaFKa
Dec 20, 2003, 02:39 PM
On 2003-12-20 11:29, Zinger314 wrote:
I COULD probably beat him, but since I am playing as a character with low HP and DFP, It might be difficult.

life is difficult, try something hard for a change...

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 02:45 PM
Ok. Let me say this once. The only reason I want to be at a high level before Falz is because I am not currently in the mood to replay Ruins if I am at too low of a level...

Also, Forces can complete the game at lower levels, unlike Hunters.

And let's please get back on topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

lain2k3
Dec 20, 2003, 02:56 PM
On 2003-12-20 11:45, Zinger314 wrote:
Ok. Let me say this once. The only reason I want to be at a high level before Falz is because I am not currently in the mood to replay Ruins if I am at too low of a level...

Also, Forces can complete the game at lower levels, unlike Hunters.

And let's please get back on topic http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Hunters can finish the game just as easily as forces.

just go do it.

Butoden
Dec 20, 2003, 03:09 PM
If you feel ready you should go for it, it would be a pity if you would go in with all your Scape Dolls and you find yourself being killed in 1 hit and stuff http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 20, 2003, 04:27 PM
Falz's physical attacks do a set amount of damage. The one that near everyone worries about is his final form's slash attack, which does 391 damage. Thus, having HP over that (450+ would be ideal, but 392 will suffice if you're careful) any ELT that's not complete crap (15 is fine) and a few Scape Dolls, you'll do fine. You might want to bring a Handgun-type with an HP-stealing ability (Hit% would be good here) so you can damage him when he's invincible, and even when he's sharing your soul. Why? Because whatever damage you're doing to him, you're also recovering.

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 04:27 PM
Ok...ok.

I will attempt to try to beat Falz at lv. 53 (probably gain a few levels on the way). I'll use a God/Arm instead of a God/Ability so I can use my beautiful Red Handgun.

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 04:31 PM
I'm not new to Falz, I already have a character in Ultimate.

Anywho, my HP is pretty low (I think about 380) so I might have to gain a few more levels if I am not using a God/HP...

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 20, 2003, 04:32 PM
On 2003-12-20 13:31, Zinger314 wrote:
I'm not new to Falz, I already have a character in Ultimate.

Anywho, my HP is pretty low (I think about 380) so I might have to gain a few more levels if I am not using a God/HP...

What level are you? You might gain the extra HP just by doing the ruins run (level ups and HP materials)

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 05:11 PM
lv. 54.

I just saw I have a 4-Slot armor that I can use at lv. 63. I'll level up to there, THEN I'll go kick Falz's butt.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 20, 2003, 05:18 PM
On 2003-12-20 14:11, Zinger314 wrote:
lv. 54.

I just saw I have a 4-Slot armor that I can use at lv. 63. I'll level up to there, THEN I'll go kick Falz's butt.

Alright, whatever floats your boat...

But with a bit more HP you could beat him now. Seriously, it'd be easy.

Rep0
Dec 20, 2003, 05:24 PM
I beat Dark Falz at level 42 with a hunter, and I didn't have all the duped crap that you have. Stop being a wuss and just do it.

shinto_kuji
Dec 20, 2003, 05:47 PM
i remember back when i first got ep1&2 and i didn't have all the hacked stuff you have, nor was my char tweaked in any way. i killed vhrd falz at lv50 or so with that hucaseal(she corrupted a long time ago). this game isn't hard, especialy if your going to cheat. -sigh- the game is wasted if your going to cheat right from the start>.<

Zinger314
Dec 20, 2003, 06:27 PM
Look. I'll say it again. I only want to be at a high level so I have a 100% chance of winning. I could probably beat him at my current level, but I am not a risk taker.

And, ironically, I've been having a lucky steak (First I got a Yamato, then a DB's Shield, THEN a Madu...)

And I have no clue why you are chastising me for using hacked items. I play the game the way I want to. And I don't even play online!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2003-12-20 15:30 ]</font>

RadHaz
Dec 20, 2003, 07:09 PM
Get to Falz, drop a pipe, and have at him. See how you do. You might beat him, you might not.
I remember reading all the info I could find on beating Falz, getting to the teleport, and just standing there, working up the nerve to step in for the first time.
I stepped in.
I died, lol.
Just keep at it. You'll get beaucoups EXP at least.

On 2003-12-20 15:27, Zinger314 wrote:
Look. I'll say it again. I only want to be at a high level so I have a 100% chance of winning. I could probably beat him at my current level, but I am not a risk taker.

And, ironically, I've been having a lucky steak (First I got a Yamato, then a DB's Shield, THEN a Madu...)

And I have no clue why you are chastising me for using hacked items. I play the game the way I want to. And I don't even play online!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2003-12-20 15:30 ]</font>

Miki
Dec 21, 2003, 12:43 AM
Risk what, 5% synchro? It's not like your character gets deleted if you die...

You seem pretty dead-set on not facing him yet, but if you equip stuff to get your HP above the magic number, you should have no problem killing him. (With a 0/0/0/100/100 Red Handgun, it should be a CAKEWALK.) Even if, somehow, you still die, you can drop Mates and Fluids in the boss room, let him kill you, then warp back in again, and essentially face him with double or triple the normal number of mates/fluids.

joluh
Dec 21, 2003, 12:51 AM
Well for my FOnewm lvl79, RAcaseal it was lvl75 and HUnewearl lvl65

In that order, also the Red Handun it's something you'll love to use in Falz thir from or if you get trapped on his 1 form and you're a hunter, my HUnewearl loves her Red Handgun +50 =D

Nai_Calus
Dec 21, 2003, 01:45 AM
Pffffffssssh.

Wimp. Dude, my first character, a freaking HUmar, went into Falz at L59, handed her ass to her, levelled to 60 off it and took himself into Ult where he had a lovely time getting pasted to the floor and dying constantly as things OHKOed him and my reaction to everything was "SWEET MONKEY JESUS WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT?!?!". What uber hax0red equip did he have? ...A 4-slot Perfect Frame with some really crappy units in it(I was using an Elf/Legs++, for crying out loud), some kind of really crappy barrier, and some regular-ass weapons with no Hit and no good %s. I didn't even have a -Varista-, I was using a -Raygun-. And let's not go into the miserable stats on my Rati. XD Not enough HP? What, you didn't pick up a God/HP among your dupes? *shakes head*

Then again, I tend to like getting to Ult as soon as possible, or at least I did, heh. My second character, L54. Third, L52. Next? 42. After that? 43, screwed around too much. Most recent? Levelled to 40 off Falz.

...Then I got online and I've now got a L62 RAmarl who hasn't even done VHard Forest. >_>;

But yeah, dude, suck it up. (Hell, my FOmar, at L52, didn't have enough HP to survive -anything- on the third form, but he had a whole mess of Scapes, and he beat him with most of them left over.) Go waste Falzie.

NoxiousOne
Dec 21, 2003, 03:04 AM
I've had a harder time beating Mericarol on Ult than VH Falz (exaggeration, but you get the picture). I kicked his bitch ass at level 60 with my first character with a L&K14 Combat, and at lvl 51 or 52 with my second character (who was a force none the less). All you need is a few dragon/HP's. If you can survive one attack, you can survive the battle (with, perhaps, the exception of androids who were too dumb to bring enough mates, a.k.a. my brother).