PDA

View Full Version : What do I do from here?

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 12:22 PM
Let me tell you a bit about my main character:

Name:Raiko
Section ID: Purplenum
Class: FOmar
Level: 27
Difficulty: Normal
Stage: Mines
Mag: Naraka (80)
Weapons: Brand +9, Autogun +8
Meseta In Check-Room: 80,000

The reason my character isn't far in the game is the fact that I haven't played this game for a long time, I only play like, 3 times a week, and I am almost positive I am not getting online.

Now, the question. From where I am, should I go on and fight Vol Opt, OR should I hang around and level up a bit and get some meseta and items?

anwserman
Dec 20, 2003, 12:25 PM
Just keep plowing ahead, you already have tons of meseta in the bank. You'll make it up to Ultimate mode by level 60ish or so (at the rate you're going), and once you clear Ult. Offline, I'd say you're probably good to retire from Phantasy Star Offline. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 12:37 PM
Thanks. Any1 else?

rena-ko
Dec 20, 2003, 12:42 PM
just try.
if you feel like youre good in the mines and could use some more challenge (=ruins), try vol opt. the boss guide in the guides-section might be helpful if you need some info about its attackpaterns.

good luck

JohanCC
Dec 20, 2003, 12:51 PM
You can easily own Vol Opt and the Ruins. Dark Falz is cake.

If you don't feel certian, do some quests. If you've done alol the quests you can do at the moment, then it's time to move on.

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 02:06 PM
i don't think is hould take on Vol Opt yet, not because hes hard, but because getting to him is hard. I went to mines 2 for the first time today and I died and i had difficulty.

1. i almost had a seizure cuz of the flashing lights (lol)

2.Dubchics keep coming back, i think i gotta hit the thing in the center of the room.

anwserman
Dec 20, 2003, 02:16 PM
Hmmm... you can take him on. I beat falz at like level 33 with my HUnewearl on Ult norm, and thats when I had no idea what I was doing.

Oh, most of the time, the process of getting to the boss is harder then the boss themselves. If you can survive, without piping back to town every other room to get supplies, you'll do fine with Vol Opt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-20 11:17 ]</font>

KaFKa
Dec 20, 2003, 02:23 PM
go and own on vol opt, level 27 is more than enough.

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 02:34 PM
im still not sure...

KaFKa
Dec 20, 2003, 02:36 PM
whaddya got to lose? some meseta? 5% synchro on your mag? just go for it and dont look back, you'll surprise yourself

Corey
Dec 20, 2003, 02:40 PM
On 2003-12-20 11:36, KaFKa wrote:
whaddya got to lose? some meseta? 5% synchro on your mag? just go for it and dont look back, you'll surprise yourself

But when you look back at your 200 mag with max IQ/Syc after dying a few times,it gets ugly.
Sooner or later the bonus' goes bye bye...and on a FO with a mag invincibility ability,that is not aa helpfull thing.Especially with Falz and Vol Opt's
physical attacks.Those hurt...:/

Miki
Dec 20, 2003, 03:22 PM
There's not much interesting worth looking for in the Mines. More importantly, as someone else has said, you really don't have much to lose if you die, and if you win, you unlock a new area with cooler stuff and more experience.

The first character is always the slowest to raise, but still, try to push yourself to beat things at lower levels, ESPECIALLY if you don't get much time to play the game. I know I wouldn't like being stuck in the mines forever.

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 03:31 PM
im having a hard time, though, so I am not so sure. I mean, what im trying to say is that I dont think im strong enough to make it through.

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 03:33 PM
im having a hard time, though, so I am not so sure. I mean, what im trying to say is that I dont think im strong enough to make it through.

KaFKa
Dec 20, 2003, 03:35 PM
what level are your gizonde, gifoie, rafoie, deband, and jellen?

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 03:37 PM
levels: 2, 2, 3, 4,5

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 03:41 PM
the only other techs I remember are: zonde level 5, foie 6, barta 8.

JohanCC
Dec 20, 2003, 06:41 PM
Use lots of gizonde on mines.

opaopajr
Dec 20, 2003, 06:57 PM
gizonde. handgun. go own.

if you're scared and expect to die, unequip your weapon and bank your meseta and fight him with only techs. this way you can find out if you can survive his attacks or need more HP or something. when you die you won't have lost much if anything and now learned a valuable lesson: the bosses attacks, the bosses patterns, the bosses weak spots, and where you need to improve. with that you know what to do to beat him later.

voila' - done.

now go fight him already.