PDA

View Full Version : adivce please

Gazzafett
Dec 20, 2003, 03:56 PM
hello every1 , my data got wiped cos of my annoying little bro and i decided i wanna play as a force now, wot type would you rekomend me?

anwserman
Dec 20, 2003, 04:04 PM
Could you be more specific?

FOnewm and FOnewearl are mostly meant for pure magic use. FOmarl is capable of most magic use, though is OK at weapons but designed mostly for support. FOmar is meant to be melee/magic mix.

It depends. My only force is a FOnewearl which I always melee with (its a match made in hell but its really fun!) but, it all depends on how you want to play.

Gazzafett
Dec 20, 2003, 04:09 PM
i jus wanna have an easy time so wot eva would be the easiest to level up quick with ( my mates are ranging from levels 80 to 136)

anwserman
Dec 20, 2003, 04:14 PM
.... FOnewm. They have incredibly high MST (behind FOnewearl if I am correct), and they get 30% boost on GA and RA techniques, so if you get a mind-mag and some high level techniques, you could spam a room and clear it out in seconds.

Soukosa
Dec 20, 2003, 04:22 PM
On 2003-12-20 13:04, anwserman wrote:
FOmarl is capable of most magic use, though is OK at weapons but designed mostly for support. FOmar is meant to be melee/magic mix.

Why do so many people state that FOmarls are best for support?! They are meant to balanced, not just to stand there and make sure the HUs that have no idea how to use Resta don't die. Also, most people feel that FOmarls are better at being hybrid than FOmars. I seriously wonder if you people have actually used a FOmarl.

kingmurp
Dec 20, 2003, 04:23 PM
Also if your mates help you out by donating some items and meat shielding you through earlier levels. Then you should be okay. Well good luck with rampaging towards Ultimate.

Gazzafett
Dec 20, 2003, 04:29 PM
lol cheers every1 , now i must play , lol good thing im sleeping round my mates tommorow http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RaikoStormX
Dec 20, 2003, 04:29 PM
eh, i find the easiest force to be FOmar.

anwserman
Dec 20, 2003, 04:30 PM
On 2003-12-20 13:22, Sounomi wrote:

FOmarl is capable of most magic use, though is OK at weapons but designed mostly for support. FOmar is meant to be melee/magic mix.

Why do so many people state that FOmarls are best for support?! They are meant to balanced, not just to stand there and make sure the HUs that have no idea how to use Resta don't die. Also, most people feel that FOmarls are better at being hybrid than FOmars. I seriously wonder if you people have actually used a FOmarl.

Dude, you don't have to stress out about my statement. FOmar has the highest ATP of any force, so thats a plus when it comes to meleeing. FOmarl, though quite balanced still, is more proficient since she is the only force that gets range bonus on S/D/J/Z/R/A... I don't know about you, but that is definately a plus for being a support character.

But, I did also state that the FOmarl is OK at weapons. I didn't say she was completely sucky, but rather that she is OK and that if she ever needs to, she could whack a booma with a rod or something, but overall her abilities definately point to being support, while the FOmars point to melee. Thats why the FOmarl has somewhat decent MST (more balanced) while the FOmar's MST sucks... because he is supposed to be mostly a melee attacker.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 20, 2003, 04:48 PM
On 2003-12-20 13:30, anwserman wrote:

Dude, you don't have to stress out about my statement. FOmar has the highest ATP of any force, so thats a plus when it comes to meleeing. FOmarl, though quite balanced still, is more proficient since she is the only force that gets range bonus on S/D/J/Z/R/A... I don't know about you, but that is definately a plus for being a support character.

But, I did also state that the FOmarl is OK at weapons. I didn't say she was completely sucky, but rather that she is OK and that if she ever needs to, she could whack a booma with a rod or something, but overall her abilities definately point to being support, while the FOmars point to melee. Thats why the FOmarl has somewhat decent MST (more balanced) while the FOmar's MST sucks... because he is supposed to be mostly a melee attacker.

Get your facts right before you post. FOmar has more MST than FOmarl.

FOmar (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1179)

FOmarl (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1179)

And as far as I know, people don't really make a character and spend a lot of time on it just so they can cast support and healing techniques on other players who can't heal themselves..

The FOmarl has 6 more base and 7 more max ATA, which makes a big difference when her ATA maxes at only 170. The FOmar has 130 more ATP, which is a significant difference, but won't really make-or-break a melee FO. If there's a few enemies that the FOmar can take down in 1 hit less, it shouldn't really sway your favor by much.

The FOmarl also does not get a Jellen/Zalure range bonus. No character does. She and the FOmar both get 2x S/D range, and the FOmarl gets 2x R/A range. Therefore, I say that the FOmarl makes a better meleer and supporter than the FOmar, who is a better tech user than she is, but worse at it than the Newman FOs. I think that FOmars should be used mainly as hybrid FOs, using a bit of techniques and a bit of meleeing.

anwserman
Dec 20, 2003, 04:51 PM
On 2003-12-20 13:48, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:

On 2003-12-20 13:30, anwserman wrote:

Get your facts right before you post. FOmar has more MST than FOmarl.

FOmar (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1179)

FOmarl (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1179)

And as far as I know, people don't really make a character and spend a lot of time on it just so they can cast support and healing techniques on other players who can't heal themselves..

The FOmarl has 6 more base and 7 more max ATA, which makes a big difference when her ATA maxes at only 170. The FOmar has 130 more ATP, which is a significant difference, but won't really make-or-break a melee FO. If there's a few enemies that the FOmar can take down in 1 hit less, it shouldn't really sway your favor by much.

The FOmarl also does not get a Jellen/Zalure range bonus. No character does. She and the FOmar both get 2x S/D range, and the FOmarl gets 2x R/A range. Therefore, I say that the FOmarl makes a better meleer and supporter than the FOmar, who is a better tech user than she is, but worse at it than the Newman FOs. I think that FOmars should be used mainly as hybrid FOs, using a bit of techniques and a bit of meleeing.

Hmmm... Thanks for correcting me on the J/Z thing. I was in such a typing fury that whenever I type S/D, I almost always finish off with J/Z. Thanks for your correction.

Hmm... even though the FOmarl has less MST then a FOmar, doesn't she have more HP and DFP though?

navci
Dec 20, 2003, 05:20 PM
On 2003-12-20 13:14, anwserman wrote:
.... FOnewm. They have incredibly high MST (behind FOnewearl if I am correct), and they get 30% boost on GA and RA techniques, so if you get a mind-mag and some high level techniques, you could spam a room and clear it out in seconds.

At higher level, with a POW/DEX mag, you can also melee with a newm and watch him kick monsters with his platform shoes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I do feel the newearl is easier to start than a newm because of the simple tech boost, tho. But the newm wil grow to become a tech nuke. If meleeing is your thing, you might wanna start a FOmarl, I don't recommand a FOmar because they can be tricky to start.

Ketchup345
Dec 20, 2003, 06:41 PM
On 2003-12-20 13:51, anwserman wrote:
Hmm... even though the FOmarl has less MST then a FOmar, doesn't she have more HP and DFP though?

FOmars have better:
TP
ATP
MST
EVP

FOmarls have better:
HP
DFP
ATA

I would say that FOmarls are better at melee, and FOmars better at casting. The extra ATA, DFP, and HP are better for melee in my opoinion than more EVP and ATP (EVP is better when you get to higher levels of it, not FOmar{l} range).

Also, FOmarls have a 50% boost to Grants, and double range in S/D/Resta/Anti. FOmars have a boost of 30% Grants, double range of S/D, and a 30% boost to Gi* techniques.