PDA

View Full Version : Going online with 3 GameCubes

MrPinchy
Dec 21, 2003, 07:01 AM
Hey guys - my friends and I are having a little problem.

We have 3cubes, 3games, 3broadband adaptors, and a router. we can get one gamecube online, but as soon as we try to get a second online the first one gets cut off.

Is there any way to have more than one copy of the game online at one time?

We have tried changing the IP address of the gamecubes so that they are all different, but that made no difference.

Our setup is: DSL line - PC - Router - Gamecubes

The router can handle 4 connections, so one of these is the PC, and the other 3 are the gamecubes.

We currently have two HLs - but are obviously hesitant to buy a third if we can't get this to work.

Any help would be apreciated http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rich_T
Dec 21, 2003, 10:00 AM
I assume youve got the gamecubes IP settings on auto.
if so the router should asssign each gamecube an IP address as it is switched on.
if your suing the same IP address for all the gamecubes then there could be a few conflicts.

Ive got everything set on auto, and if i go to my routers config page i can see may gamecube come on as 10.0.0.3 then the X box as 10.0.0.4 with my p.c being 10.0.0.2, these numbers are changed autimaticly depending on which device is the first on.

Barubary6
Dec 21, 2003, 09:50 PM
Each user must have a different serial number / access key pair. If they don't, the new user will replace the old user.

-- Barubary