PDA

View Full Version : Online troubles, help appreciated!

tnman
Dec 21, 2003, 01:40 PM
Hi there, a friend is rather perplexed with his recent purchase of a BBA, and he's asked me to post this for him here:

"The only way I can get PSO to work online is if I link the BBA directly to the modem. This means I can't go on the net and play PSO at the same time. [Router. NTL. UK.] Is it possible for me to set it up so I can go on the net, and play PSO at the same time? If so, how? o.O"

Thanks for any help.

Rich_T
Dec 21, 2003, 02:22 PM
you can go online and play PSO at the same time, or you should be able to.
it all depends upon what equipment NTL have provided for the internet conection, which i guess is cable.
in that case your freind has probbaly got a single ethernet out cabel modem, if he gets a router thn he can put that between the modem and the P.C and that will allow either the gamecube or the p.C or both to be conected.

the other option is to use internet conection sharing, by getting an extra network card for his p.c and plugging the gamecube into that using a crossover etherent/network lead, and setting up internet conection sharing on the p.c.

tnman
Dec 21, 2003, 03:45 PM
He says:

"It doesn't connect through the router. Don't know why. I have to connect it directly to the modem or it doesn't work."