PDA

View Full Version : question...

Monomate
Dec 21, 2003, 01:51 PM
Where do Androids come from?

I was going to write a FanFic about Androids, and I was going to make an Android Factory, but...I dunno if they come from a factory? Or should I just disregard the rules and make an Android Factory anyway?

Thankies

deathreaper
Dec 21, 2003, 03:14 PM
um no idea where they come from...probable made in some scientific factory...

Robo47
Dec 21, 2003, 06:13 PM
I think there is just a few assembly lines but not a factory.

Watch Futurama, if you see the one where Bender says how he was born, you'll have an idea.

KaFKa
Dec 21, 2003, 06:15 PM
just do whatever you want. its your fic, you can throw out the rules and have them reproduce by throwing away their old circuit boards and such =/

but yeah, i think that the "military" andoids are made in a factory, while most other androids are constructed one by one... just my take on the idea

Gnarled_rose
Dec 21, 2003, 06:42 PM
That's a question that's bothered me, too. If you think about it, an android factory would make androids way more popular, with free labor and all. Especially if they were created with one purpose in mind. That brings up the Hunter's Guild, then. Because if an android is created with either no purpose or singular purpose, why should it be given free will? Shouldn't it just follow programming, and thus, become a constant shadow to its Newman or human master?

Then again, all those who think I've put too much thought into this, please signify with an "aye", or a "Hey, crazy! Sit down or start your own thread!"

KaFKa
Dec 21, 2003, 07:02 PM
On 2003-12-21 15:42, Gnarled_rose wrote:
"Hey, crazy! Sit down or start your own thread!"

Robo47
Dec 21, 2003, 07:06 PM
you stole my idea KaFKa! I'm calling the Animal Control of Puerto Rico on you!

shinto_kuji
Dec 21, 2003, 07:30 PM
well, go by the real world. we strive to make A.I. in robots(androids) even though we can already make robots that can serve one purpose. its curiosity. once they gave the androids A.I., the androids probably wanted more freedom, like their human and newman neighbors. take whats her name for example(can't remember her name, the one from seek my master), she stated how she was an older model, made to serve her master. Well, that could explain why there aren't just servant androids. anyway, im guessing they come from factories, seeing how they all have the same basic structure in each class. now that there is putting too much thought into it ^-^

KaFKa
Dec 21, 2003, 07:33 PM
On 2003-12-21 16:06, Robo47 wrote:
you stole my idea KaFKa! I'm calling the Animal Control of Puerto Rico on you!

*looks around* okay, they're about 500 miles away from me, so go ahead and call them:P

BTW, we really shouldnt be spamming this, lol, we arent in FKL...

Robo47
Dec 21, 2003, 07:56 PM
Sorry I'll go to my room now...

badbitz
Dec 21, 2003, 08:37 PM
i think their made for individual purposes )_)

Monomate
Dec 21, 2003, 10:33 PM
On 2003-12-21 15:15, KaFKa wrote:

but yeah, i think that the "military" andoids are made in a factory, while most other androids are constructed one by one... just my take on the idea

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too...one of the central character's is a top secret government experiment android...and i was going to play with the idea of an 'Android Factory'...

anyway, the factory idea makes sense because of those military androids that WORKS has in i forget which quest (the one with Ult)...but then Shino and Elenor where built by Montague himself, so...whatever...i like your idea.

on a similar note: Where do MAGs come from?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Monomate on 2003-12-21 19:34 ]</font>

Gnarled_rose
Dec 21, 2003, 11:47 PM
Where do MAGs come from?
Well, you see, when a boy MAG and a girl MAG love each other, and want to express that love, the boy MAG--*Gets wrestled to the ground by two men in suits*
Man1:We're the National Beareau of Video Game Modesty, and this post, if completed, will be in direct defiance of the 1989 treatise between All That is Good and Holy and Gameaholics Anonymous.
Rose:What the frick?
Man2:And it's just icky. We must ask you to refrain from completing this post.
Rose:Or what?
Man1:Or I'll do this.(Reaches towards Rose's face, and sticks his thumb between his fingers)
Rose:AAH!! MY NOSE! You government piece of crap! Gimme back my NOSE!(Falls to the ground, dead from suffocation due to lack of nose)

Monomate
Dec 22, 2003, 09:21 AM
*read post for first time...thought said: the boy MAG gets wrestled to the ground...scared crap out of Monomate*

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 22, 2003, 11:48 AM
Har, I vote that they were all constructed by electronics students as part of their final exams.

And Generic Midgets working under the supervision of evil scientists.

-Geshtar-
Dec 22, 2003, 12:26 PM
Androids..Androids are actualy cybernetic suits for the paralised or injured soldiers that wish to still help out if possible. they were either injured baddly and missing limbs or what not or perhaps broke their back. Anyhow, the suits are like life support systems.

my imaginations 2 cents.

Scejntjynahl
Dec 22, 2003, 12:55 PM
Android, a motorized machine to look like a humanoid type being. Completely synthetic and artificial. Created with augmented capabilities for specific duties and actions. Mass production in factory, single type model, specific for military purposes. Single type android for personal use, has various upgradeable components. Most androids are ROM based, read only memory, some have learning capacity.

Free will is mostly found in HIGHLY advanced androids, or Cyborgs (Android merged with organic material, if the organic material is created from brain stem or any part of a host brain, free will may occur...)

This is my opinion, do not quote me for fact.

navci
Dec 22, 2003, 03:30 PM
on a similar note: Where do MAGs come from?

According to THE BOOK, MAGs were a project developed by Dr. Osto and Dr. Montague as a first step of creating a self-evolving emotional AI.

Then Monty went on to play with female bots. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Robo47
Dec 22, 2003, 03:41 PM
But Montague treats Ult and Elenor like they're his duaghters...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2003-12-22 12:41 ]</font>

navci
Dec 22, 2003, 03:53 PM
On 2003-12-22 12:41, Robo47 wrote:
But Montague treats Ult and Elenor like they're his duaghters...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2003-12-22 12:41 ]</font>

When I said play I actually didn't mean .... ya know, the stuff you prolly thinking of. I just meant play around with creating them and go run around with them slapping monsters. Gee some people. Hehe.

Sorry I was misleading. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Yes. They are his creations, I'd guess he would have treated them like daughters.

badbitz
Dec 22, 2003, 03:55 PM
how could he play with a robot anyway?

KaFKa
Dec 22, 2003, 04:10 PM
On 2003-12-22 09:26, -Geshtar- wrote:
Androids..Androids are actualy cybernetic suits for the paralised or injured soldiers that wish to still help out if possible. they were either injured baddly and missing limbs or what not or perhaps broke their back. Anyhow, the suits are like life support systems.

my imaginations 2 cents.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/fanart/hiko5.jpg
looks like Hikosaka had the same idea

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2003-12-22 13:24 ]</font>

Monomate
Dec 22, 2003, 06:58 PM
On 2003-12-22 13:10, KaFKa wrote:

On 2003-12-22 09:26, -Geshtar- wrote:

my imaginations 2 cents.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/fanart/hiko5.jpg
looks like Hikosaka had the same idea

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2003-12-22 13:24 ]</font>

yeah...i've seen that before...and it's a very good pic...