PDA

View Full Version : It corrupted!!!

Xaos_127
Dec 21, 2003, 06:30 PM
One morning i turned on my cube and i got a message saying it had to be deleted, is there way i can stop this!!! And why did it happen i dont have online please anyone help me!!!!!!!!!!!

KaFKa
Dec 21, 2003, 06:36 PM
there are lots of ways, most dont work, btu some do.

make a forum search and you'll find a varitable treasure trove of information on this wonderful subject.

ERS
Dec 21, 2003, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear that..

Try deleting your Guild Card file first using the console menu by holding A while your cube is booting up. If that doesn't work... well... I don't know if anything will.

Did your power go out while you were saving? Or did you pull the memory card out while saving? Those are the reasons why offliners corrupt most of the time..

Again, sorry to hear that.

Xaos_127
Dec 21, 2003, 06:56 PM
i was in bed my brother comes in and says tommy i turned on the cube and it says its corrupted! he says he didnt do anything(little punk)

Xaos_127
Dec 21, 2003, 07:07 PM
has this ever happened to you i had a
Ramar Xaos Lvl-178 Greenil
Only offline dont know how to cheat over 250 hours why does god hate me!!!

ERS
Dec 21, 2003, 07:23 PM
Yes, I've been corrupted twice.
My first time, my highest level was 89.
The second time, my highest was 134.
It sucks..

Genoa
Dec 21, 2003, 08:33 PM
178... dang, I thought I had it bad. I lost a lvl.89,55,35,28. But I eventually got over it.

chantez131313
Dec 21, 2003, 10:23 PM
There may be hope. Read this.

FSOD Corruption

Saving your characters is not impossible, I lost a few, and went around looking for info, some of the stuff I have posted elsewhere on this site, but I will repost my File Corruption Solutions....

Now as far as going online, yes you can lose items and character Data through FSOD, and disconnects on occassion. And also there may be times that you get booted off, only to log back in having the game tell you that you have a bad file and will have your items and challenge Data reset, in which you lose ALL ITEMS , ALL SPELLS, and all Material enhancements you have used.

And hte fact that people say that you should play on empty ships doesnt always save you from an FSOD, I have been on a completely empty block on an uninhabited ship and got frozen.. But the chances do increase if you go to full lobbies.

The Smartest thing to do is to make sure you bank all your weapons before going out to the online lobbies, since most FSOD's occur when going between lobbies, and hare very harmless, since all you lose are your unequiped items.

The Full FSOD has happened to me twice in the past 2 weeks, but I have found some ways around it, and you may want to cut and paste these two methods to get around it and save it on your computer as a text document so you don't have to go searching for it for when, not if it happens to you.

If you get the message that your memory card is corrupt or formatted for another region... do this.
(Disclaimer I got this method from these boards, I can't remember who posted it, but I thank them imensely because it saved my characters)

1. Take out the corrupt card and insert another card with PSO data on it.
2. Start an offline game all the way to the character select screen.
3. Remove the card..(do not select a character!!!!!)
4. When it says please insert memory card insert the corrupt file....Whallah your characters are healthy and alive.

I had this happen two days ago, and used this method..it does indeed work....

Also, another thing that may happen is that you get kicked off right as you are going into a game, when you log back on it tells you that your item data/ and challenge data will be initialized...
DO NOT HIT START AND ACCEPT it will clear out all of your items, and you will come back with a mag 500 mst 5 monomates and 5 monofluids.... instead

1.Pull out the memory card and hit reset (DO Not hit start to save the file
2.Make an offline multiplayer game with one of your other characters, if you don't have another character make one.
3. Transfer All items money etc. to the other character.
4. Log on with character that you just cleaned out the inventory and let it initialize the item/challenge data, you will lose whatever spells you have learned and all material enhancements, but it is better than losing all items money mags etc.
5. After char is initialized go back offline and transfer items back to character.. wha lah...not too much damage done...

Unlucky for me both of these methods were tested this last weekend when it happened to me, and like I said save this info for when...not if it happens to you especially if you are playing with a dial up connection.... I played this game for a year with none of it ever happening to me, but in the past month both have happend twice.

hucasts_rock
Dec 21, 2003, 10:34 PM
heh, I've corrupted 10 times (lost at least 1 ultimate character each corrupt)..but I'm over it...it's going to be a lot tougher for you offline though, because I had a whol lot of help from friends...hopefully you can un-corrupt your memory card..and possibly put the memory card hidden from your brother? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ilr2000
Dec 21, 2003, 11:05 PM
Friend of mine corrupted as an offline player. It was really strange at first, but he told me he later beat the truth out of his little brother. Apparantly he was dicking around with his character, and hastily turned off the system during a save.

It got me to thinking: It would be extremely easy to design an online backup system. (of course this will never happen, but I like to think about it). If the GC can detect when your corrupt, then remote servers can too. Just like how it periodically saves online, it'll save a backup. If you say you've corrupted (through some menu, I dunno), it'll check your card. It'll then restore you're character's level and materials. Sadly... I imagine all the items will have to be blown away regadless of good intention or not.

ilr2000
Dec 21, 2003, 11:05 PM
hmm.. double post.. odd. That hasn't happened to me in years.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2003-12-21 20:08 ]</font>

Joltox
Dec 22, 2003, 01:30 AM
God darn it!!!!!!!
I wish I had have known this sooner, because my files were corrupted too with high level characters and high level special weapons!!!!!
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!

anwserman
Dec 22, 2003, 02:24 AM
Thank god I'm on X-Box.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (I do have GC-PSO though!)

Make sure you don't have a 3rd-party memory card, I've heard they corrupt more often then regular memory cards.

Saiffy
Dec 22, 2003, 03:22 AM
On 2003-12-21 23:24, anwserman wrote:
Make sure you don't have a 3rd-party memory card, I've heard they corrupt more often then regular memory cards.

yeah, really wish my force wasn't on my MadCatz card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

polishedweasel
Dec 22, 2003, 04:30 AM
Never corrupted, probably wouldn't care if I did corrupt. PSO is kinda dead to me anyway. I almost see no reason to keep my gamecube.

noob-of-fury
Dec 22, 2003, 04:49 AM
On 2003-12-21 15:30, Xaos_127 wrote:
One morning i turned on my cube and i got a message saying it had to be deleted, is there way i can stop this!!! And why did it happen i dont have online please anyone help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to my hell.

Xaos_127
Dec 23, 2003, 06:15 AM
i just got a new memory card, but im kinda confused about how to do this. when you change memory cards at the character select screen does yuor old characters come up staright away and do i have to do this every time?

Butoden
Dec 23, 2003, 07:35 AM
On 2003-12-21 20:05, ilr2000 wrote:
Friend of mine corrupted as an offline player. It was really strange at first, but he told me he later beat the truth out of his little brother. Apparantly he was dicking around with his character, and hastily turned off the system during a save.

It got me to thinking: It would be extremely easy to design an online backup system. (of course this will never happen, but I like to think about it). If the GC can detect when your corrupt, then remote servers can too. Just like how it periodically saves online, it'll save a backup. If you say you've corrupted (through some menu, I dunno), it'll check your card. It'll then restore you're character's level and materials. Sadly... I imagine all the items will have to be blown away regadless of good intention or not.

Yeah something like that happened to my character as well, my Main Butoden that is. I played with my friends (4-Player Split Screen http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) on my birthday and I imported my character from 1 MC to the other MC (official MCs both). I played again later but forgot to input my 2nd MC with my player data imported there (or moved whatever), so it said: Moved Character, wanna play with this one? I selected Yes, and I'm sure. I got 0 items and money left!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif So I figured: I DID SOMETHING BAD. I took my 2nd MC and did Multi-Mode and transfered all the important items to my main Main file http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
I felt so stupid Eheheh

Xaos_127
Dec 24, 2003, 06:19 AM
i tried ilr2000's method and finally beat the truth out of my brother, got grounded in the process (little Punk!!). It turns out he turn off the power when the game started up. ohwell since im grounded at least ill have more time to start a new character

noob-of-fury
Dec 24, 2003, 01:52 PM
Well yeah, you may have lost a LOT of stuff but now you can get a freh start with a new class and play style. See what weaps and stuff you can get now.

Just remeber to keep giving your brother "reminders" about how to turn off PSO.

anwserman
Dec 24, 2003, 02:43 PM
On 2003-12-24 03:19, Xaos_127 wrote:
i tried ilr2000's method and finally beat the truth out of my brother, got grounded in the process (little Punk!!). It turns out he turn off the power when the game started up. ohwell since im grounded at least ill have more time to start a new character

Forbid your brother to play the game. Tell him if he doesn't respect your character, your game, then he can't play it. Simple as that.

And tell him you will beat him harder next time if he does that EVER again.