PDA

View Full Version : XBox: PSO Online Help!

Ghostmaker
Dec 21, 2003, 08:29 PM
well, I was just playing online for like 5 minutes and I am soooo confused. Like how do I utilize the headset? How do people talk so fast? Plus is there any hints you experienced users help me out?

OriginalLacan
Dec 21, 2003, 08:53 PM
Take the little adapter that comes with xbox live and plug it into the controller and plug the headset into that. If the little light on the adapter is red, you're muted. If it's green, then its on and what you say will be transmitted.

I usually keep mine muted unless I'm saying something in an effort to prevent the annoying static/noises/feedback that you hear from so many peoples mics.

Also, don't keep the mic right against your mouth, as it will cause an annoying echo if its too close.

For misc. Tips:
-Avoid Apatite at least until you have some experience. The people there will currupt you beyond repair if you don't know whats what.
-If you're making a legit game, don't put the words "LEGIT" or "NO HACKS" in the name. If you do, you'll get nothing but lv. 5 huMArs with TJ-swords and lv 1300 mags.
-An Al Rappy is a hacked item. Don't let anyone tell you differently. (unless they are talking about the rare enemy kind of al rappy.)
-Don't be afraid to use the feedback button to report people. It may not do any good, but its better than doing nothing.
-If someone is blasting music or screaming, voice ban them and you will no longer be able to hear them.
-If you're ever on during the late night, look up ShibaMomiji or ZEPHYRofTIME on Davburite 9-5. I'll be happy to show you the ropes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OriginalLacan on 2003-12-21 18:00 ]</font>

Ghostmaker
Dec 21, 2003, 08:55 PM
ok but I can't hear anything anyone is saying, and I know that they are talking because they little speaker thing is next to their name.

OriginalLacan
Dec 21, 2003, 09:02 PM
this may be a dumb question, but did you try turning the little orange volume dial on the side of the adapter?

Ghostmaker
Dec 21, 2003, 09:16 PM
... wow do I feel dumb I'll try that... Yah I am still lost but I am going to that what ever lobby right now so yah.

PS What is the "late night" and my name is Ghostmaker.

Ok with the mic I went into a block where people were talking and I turned the orange knob back and forth and no response... do I have to like do something in either the Xbox options or the PSO options?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghostmaker on 2003-12-21 18:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghostmaker on 2003-12-21 19:02 ]</font>

Zinger314
Dec 21, 2003, 11:02 PM
Hmm...there are Lv. 1300 Mags now on the Xbox servers? I thought they are only on the GC servers...

*wishes he had one*

AxemPunanny
Dec 21, 2003, 11:38 PM
OriginalLacan, when you say corrupt, what do you mean by that? I've been under the impression that you don't get corruption like you would on Gamecube (i.e. char corruption due to saving and such). I could understand that you can get corrupted, by ppl messing with your head. But file corruption, I haven't actually heard of that; not saying it isn't possibly. If it is, how so? Of course, one shouldn't be stupid enough to pick up something they have no idea about; especially from someone they don't know (or haven't played with).

OriginalLacan
Dec 22, 2003, 12:18 AM
By corruption, I was simply talking about the unsavory personalities that inhabit apatite 1. I know more than a few people that went online with the intention of playing legitimately, only to find their inventories full of Al rappies, and dark flows a month later. Of course if thats your intention, I suppose apatite is the place to go.

Also, if its your first time online, nothing leaves a worse first impression about a game than spending your first minutes voice banning people because they're blasting "white power" music across the lobbies and getting into mini race wars.

And no, thankfully I haven't heard of file corruption on Xbox.

As far as I can remember, I just plugged the mic in and it worked. Is it a new mic or have you been using it for a while on other games?

And by late night I mean around 1-6am EST. (I don't sleep much)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OriginalLacan on 2003-12-21 21:25 ]</font>

Ghostmaker
Dec 22, 2003, 10:08 AM
1-6AM!!!! Yeesh, I'll try to be there at 1...

This is the mic that came with the xbox live starter kit and I got the same thing when I was playing MotorGP... I think people can hear me but I can't hear no one. This is the first Xbox Live full game I've used it on. Heck I got it last weekend.

Toruxxx
Dec 23, 2003, 10:59 AM
On 2003-12-21 20:02, Zinger314 wrote:
Hmm...there are Lv. 1300 Mags now on the Xbox servers? I thought they are only on the GC servers...

*wishes he had one*

u wish u had one are u that shit at the game to use it?

anwserman
Dec 23, 2003, 12:14 PM
On 2003-12-21 20:02, Zinger314 wrote:

*wishes he had one*

Learn how to play the stupid game correctly and there would BE no need to use such a stupid mag. Uber-itmems cannot make up for the lack of incompetence in playing a game.

Point proven with Al Rappies, J-Swords and the HUmars that swing at a Bartle, miss, and get killed in one hit.

Butoden
Dec 23, 2003, 12:38 PM
The most stupid thing about PSO is that it runs on beats, the international time, and announcements made on Sonic Team Website gives the update time in Local JP time instead of Beats. And another thing is that you encounter the BEE system more than once in Quests, and you can't use it On-Line. Or it isn't called BEE (right!?)! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DeciBal
Dec 23, 2003, 02:22 PM
On 2003-12-23 09:14, anwserman wrote:

Learn how to play the stupid game correctly and there would BE no need to use such a stupid mag. Uber-itmems cannot make up for the lack of incompetence in playing a game.

Point proven with Al Rappies, J-Swords and the HUmars that swing at a Bartle, miss, and get killed in one hit.

Can't even count how many times I've seen that before. lol

Wufei
Dec 25, 2003, 07:45 PM
On 2003-12-23 11:22, DeciBal wrote:

On 2003-12-23 09:14, anwserman wrote:

Can't even count how many times I've seen that before. lol

LOL ROXORZ maybe because it's true.