PDA

View Full Version : An internal error has occured.

CGoodness
Dec 21, 2003, 10:08 PM
a few months ago (about 7) I was playing MLB Slugfest 20-03 on my Gamecube. After playing a game, I was loading the main screen of the game. As it was loading, the game froze and started making a loud high pitched noise. (much like that of a PSO FSOD) It then went to a screen that said

"An internal error has occured. Please turn the power OFF and refer to the Gamecube instruction booklet for further instructions."

I did so, and it said that I needed to get my system serviced, so I ignored it.

Ever since then, my GCN has been making loud clicking noises as I played it (with any game) and doing the freezy thing occasionally (with PSO also)

It's annoying.. I've always tried to take good care of my GCN, but it still does this.

Can anyone tell me if they had this problem also, what they did, what's wrong, and what I should do?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

muff
Dec 21, 2003, 10:23 PM
Lots of people have this problem. I used to get it all the time on other games. Ironically the only game I care abput,pso, has never had this happen to it. I don't know what causes it.

My suspicions are its a dodgey laser in the Gamecube. My two friends get this problem alot, all they do is power off and hope for the best.

About the clicking thing my friends does it, mine doesnt. My Gamecube been used like 100 times more than his so I think his is just faulty. maybe yours is the same? Is it still under Warranty?

polishedweasel
Dec 22, 2003, 04:38 AM
Talk to nintendo, if they'll fix it for free get it done. If not, don't waste money on fixin that mofo.

CGoodness
Dec 22, 2003, 07:42 AM
On 2003-12-21 19:23, muff wrote:
Lots of people have this problem. I used to get it all the time on other games. Ironically the only game I care abput,pso, has never had this happen to it. I don't know what causes it.

My suspicions are its a dodgey laser in the Gamecube. My two friends get this problem alot, all they do is power off and hope for the best.

About the clicking thing my friends does it, mine doesnt. My Gamecube been used like 100 times more than his so I think his is just faulty. maybe yours is the same? Is it still under Warranty?

I've had my Gamecube for two years on Christmas... It's a one-year warranty, right?

Rich_T
Dec 22, 2003, 01:35 PM
I've had my Gamecube for two years on Christmas... It's a one-year warranty, right?

It depends on what the consumer protection/sale of goods laws are in your country, i cant find any reference to the country of Good question.