PDA

View Full Version : Agito hunt

MP3_Junkie
Dec 22, 2003, 05:53 AM
I've been hunting in the mountain section of CCA with my purplenum RAmar for the AUW 1983 version of the agito from a zol gibbon. but i know that i can find the AUW 1991 version from a sinow zoa on the seabed. which is easier to find ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MP3_Junkie on 2003-12-22 02:56 ]</font>

Xeno_M
Dec 22, 2003, 06:17 AM
The one in Gal Da Val Island is easier... 1/900. The one in Seabed is 1/1050, and from an infrequent enemy (Sinow Zoa) Only Agito really worth hunting is the 1975 Agito (True Agito)

CGoodness
Dec 22, 2003, 09:41 AM
How do you knwo it's 1/900? How do you figure it out?

Rudoprime
Dec 22, 2003, 09:55 AM
I am a pinkal, and I can find the real agito from a pal rappy EASY! BUT WHAT REALLY SUCKS IS THA I AM A HUCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xeno_M
Dec 22, 2003, 10:00 AM
Ugh, thats just what it said on the chart i use... I know theres a logical explaination. Vulpes Mundi could tell you very easily. I'll try tho. Apparently my chart is inaccurate because of something that hasn't been proven correct yet. But here goes... Each enemy has a percentage at which they drop items (any item, rare or non rare) For instance Grass Assassin in Ultimate only drops an item 35% of the time. I'm assuming they got this info doing many many runs, and graphing every little thing that dropped. Next there is a percentage at which a rare item will drop. For instance, getting a Yas9000 from a Grass Assassin is like .317%

The part that is unproven is, is the rare item drop affected or not by the enemies normal item drop percentage. Cuz if it is, you would have to take that .317% and muliply it by the 35% chance that the Assassin has of dropping an item at all, making it more rare of course. But if the rare drop rate is not affected by it, then it would just stay at .317%

And i have no clue where they got the rare item drop percentages. I just assumed people got the info directly off the game disc. I know theres a couple people here who can do stuff like that.

This is just what ive heard from others, and read. Dunno if its true or if it made sense... If it dont... Sue me i guess. lol

Xeno_M
Dec 22, 2003, 10:05 AM
Ok, the chart i used (i'm probably not gonna use it anymore) said Zol Gibbon - 1/900... Sinow Zoa - 1/1050. That is the chart apparently where they calculated in the normal item drop percentage (so everything looks more rare) But that again hasn't been proven so i guess its inaccurate. So i wont be using it again.

The chart i use that doesn't factor in that percentage said the drop rate for both of your Agito's is exactly the same. So only thing that would make one more rare then the other, is the fact that there is less Sinow Zoa's in the area, then there are Zol Gibbons to find it from. The choice is yours now.

PaleKid15
Dec 22, 2003, 11:34 AM
On 2003-12-22 03:17, Xeno_M wrote:
The one in Gal Da Val Island is easier... 1/900. The one in Seabed is 1/1050, and from an infrequent enemy (Sinow Zoa) Only Agito really worth hunting is the 1975 Agito (True Agito)

ummm... no. Agito 1975 isn't worth hunting. But then again, neither are the other ones.

However, the drop rates are right. The Zol Gibbon drop rate is higher, and thus easier to attain. I would reccomend that you use your time to hunt better weapons, but if you want it- good luck.

Flowen_Sword
Dec 22, 2003, 11:38 AM
On 2003-12-22 08:34, PaleKid15 wrote:

On 2003-12-22 03:17, Xeno_M wrote:

ummm... no. Agito 1975 isn't worth hunting. But then again, neither are the other ones.

However, the drop rates are right. The Zol Gibbon drop rate is higher, and thus easier to attain. I would reccomend that you use your time to hunt better weapons, but if you want it- good luck.

Thats all you need, luck.

Soukosa
Dec 22, 2003, 12:10 PM
However, the drop rates are right.

Bring forth the proof that they are correct. I'm assuming that you have reverse engineered the game to find that they are completely correct.

Hrith
Dec 22, 2003, 12:15 PM
On 2003-12-22 08:34, PaleKid15 wrote :
The Zol Gibbon drop rate is higher, and thus easier to attain.
I have got 3 from Sinow Zoa, none from Zol Gibbon, are still that sure ?

Xeno_M
Dec 22, 2003, 12:30 PM
I have no clue if the charts are accurate or not because i have no idea where they came from or how the numbers were obtained. Even if there not 100% accurate, at least they give you a vague idea of how rare something is. Something that says 1/213 is gonna be quite a bit easier to find then something that says 1/900. I guess thats all that really matters. Becuase your not necessarly gonna need to kill 900 of the same enemy to get your weapon. It might drop on your first kill. Just gotta get lucky http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

If someone knows how they got there percentages, let me know. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MP3_Junkie
Dec 22, 2003, 12:42 PM
thanks. i'll keep looking on the mountain but luck is only on my side if i want to find L&K14's (AARGH!!). oh well, back to hunting it and the yasminkovs

PaleKid15
Dec 22, 2003, 01:38 PM
On 2003-12-22 09:10, Sounomi wrote:

However, the drop rates are right.

Bring forth the proof that they are correct. I'm assuming that you have reverse engineered the game to find that they are completely correct.

I was merely stating that they were proportional to the realistic drop rates. What I should have said is that it is easier to attain from Zol Gibbons because there are more of them. Drop rates are merely there so that you can get an idea of how long it will take to find what you are looking for. Drop rates can't be "right" I guess. Drops are random. I appreciate you correcting me, but next time, don't be such a smart-ass (yes, I realize that I am one as well).

Zarana
Dec 22, 2003, 02:19 PM
It's not about what's easier here. When will people realize that these different Agito models aren't all the same? The 1983 is by far the most powerful Agito, 1975 included, once you grind it. It ends up being the second most powerful katana in the game, falling only to the Orotiagito, when you fully temper it. It edges Yamigarasu and Kamui and is way better than Sange, Yasha and any of the other Agitos.

Don't look for the 1991. It's not good. 1983 isn't the most accurate katana in the world, but for pure power it's very hard to beat. It's the most powerful katana a Ranger or Force can use, so don't give me that line about the 1975 being the only one worth hunting.

Also, I've found all the Agitos that Purplenum gets, and this was probably the easiest. The Delsaber one dropped after like four runs in the Spaceship, but that was a fluke.

Get the 1983 if you want to be happy, go for the 1991 if you like disappointment, and hunt the 1980 if you want a decent middleground between the two.

haruna
Dec 22, 2003, 03:50 PM
My Purplenum FOmarl found the 1983 one. Not bad indeed!

I would like to get the 1975 and convert it for my HUnewerl. What's the best way to find it?

Xeno_M
Dec 22, 2003, 04:06 PM
Pinkal Pal Rappy, or Whitill Mil Lily.

Rudoprime
Dec 22, 2003, 04:15 PM
On 2003-12-22 13:06, Xeno_M wrote:
Pinkal Pal Rappy, or Whitill Mil Lily.

Yay! I'm a Pinkal. BUT.Boo, I'm also a HUcast........!

Xeno_M
Dec 23, 2003, 05:59 AM
Heh heh, your HUcast must like finding all the high level discs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But one good thing about a Pinkal HUcast at least... He can go to Ultimate Temple, and try to find a Hildetorr... Which more then likely will drop you a nice Byrdish http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Thats what im currently looking for, amongst other things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeno_M on 2003-12-23 03:01 ]</font>

Xeno_M
Dec 23, 2003, 03:39 PM
The 1983 is by far the most powerful Agito, 1975 included, once you grind it. It ends up being the second most powerful katana in the game, falling only to the Orotiagito, when you fully temper it. It edges Yamigarasu and Kamui and is way better than Sange, Yasha and any of the other Agitos.

How can you think the 1983 is the most powerful Agito? I never researched the stats of all the Katanas until now, but the 1983 would be the weakest IMO. How can it be the strongest when it has such a fluctuating damage range. It adds randomly 200-500 ATP. So your damage would be very unreliable. I put the info in the damage calculator here. Info i put in was Base ATP of 1000, with level 30 Shifta/Zalure bonus, Very Hard Online Mode, attacking a Booma. I put in the Minimum ATP bonus of the 1983 Agito (200) and the maximum (500).

Heavy Strike/Non Critical-
Minimum ATP bonus - 524 Damage
Maximum ATP bonus - 625 Damage

Average damage would be in the middle of those two numbers or approximatly 575... Now heres an Agito (1977) without the terrible ATP fluctuation... ATP Bonus 450-460. Same conditions as before...

Minimum ATP Bonus - 608
Maximum ATP Bonus - 612

Average damage on this one is obviously 610, quite a bit higher then your 1983 with 575. Now obviously your 1983 has the POTENTIAL to hit alot hard then any other Agit (Oroti discluded) It is very unreliable.

And also the 1977 i compared has 5 more Grind then the 1983. Grinding wasn't a factor when i calculated the damage. Now tell me i didn't research my Agito's http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

soccerdudegy
Dec 23, 2003, 04:56 PM
I am a pinkal, and I can find the real agito from a pal rappy EASY! BUT WHAT REALLY SUCKS IS THA I AM A HUCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know your pain...same here

Delsaber
Dec 23, 2003, 05:03 PM
It is easy to pipe for Pal Rappies with a HUcast.. Just expensive.

Anyway..

The 1983 Agito has 500ATP with a 45 grind.. That brings it to 590ATP full grinded.. That is stronger than the Sange, and Yasha separate. The Kamui and Yamigarasu are stronger..