PDA

View Full Version : GC: Lag online?

philip
Dec 23, 2003, 03:29 PM
Is it laggy online? And i heard it cant lag on PSO to gamecube. I know there is slowdowns in all games but lag on a console game!?

anwserman
Dec 23, 2003, 03:31 PM
As long as you're playing on the internet, there will ALWAYS be lag. Heck, on the X-Box, with everyone using broadband, there is still lag.

philip
Dec 23, 2003, 03:36 PM
Okey but how laggy is it? I know hard to say but try

anwserman
Dec 23, 2003, 03:40 PM
Hmmm... on X-Box I've lagged out a couple of times, and I've seen people sit there at a position only to magically reappear in an other room.

I'd expect it to be worse with a narrowband connection - but if they person had the best 56k service in the world, teamed up with other people with broadband, the lag would be minimal.

However, throw in somebody with a crappy 56k connection and that characer will be lagging big time.

philip
Dec 23, 2003, 03:42 PM
okey. Im on the GC.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 23, 2003, 03:49 PM
Lag very much does exist on the GameCube... Even between two people using the same Cable internet connection to connect. It's not terribly bad, though I do find that all too often, you'll be smacking an enemy on one side of the room, while your buddy is smacking the same enemy on the other side of the room. Always interesting to see a RAmar point a rifle at nothing, then see the photon bullet shoot off at some mothmant way off behind him.

Mostly though, it's not much of a problem.

philip
Dec 23, 2003, 03:55 PM
Okey. Then its not a big problem. Il just stay away from ships with many players.

MOTOROLA
Dec 23, 2003, 04:15 PM
Ahh, don't worry, it's not too bad. If you have a good connection and hit a lag pint, most likely the people using 56k on your team will DC, not you.

But if everyone stops moving and you can't pick up anything, you can't speak, or someone DCs when they join a game and the "someone is joining the game" screen stays up for a while, I'd force the GCN to DC so you don't FSOD.

philip
Dec 23, 2003, 04:28 PM
Okey. I have broadband okey ADSL. What is DC? ^_^

MOTOROLA
Dec 23, 2003, 04:34 PM
On 2003-12-23 13:28, philip wrote:
What is DC? ^_^

DC = Disconnect

When you disconnect from the PSO Servers, for example.

philip
Dec 23, 2003, 04:42 PM
But if everyone stops moving and you can't pick up anything, you can't speak, or someone DCs when they join a game and the "someone is joining the game" screen stays up for a while, I'd force the GCN to DC so you don't FSOD.

Wont i get corrupt if i DC at that time?

Solstis
Dec 23, 2003, 05:02 PM
I rarely FSOD on the XBOX, and DCing the cable rarely seems to corrupt (well, it hasn't yet).

Lag isn't too bad, except for the time I managed to hit two of those button/pads by running back and forth. The other two guys in the room were shocked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

satoshi1
Dec 23, 2003, 05:08 PM
On 2003-12-23 13:42, philip wrote:

No, corruptions only happen when the cube freezes while it's saving. I've done the above method countless times (I've got broadband, but Comcast likes to be screwy everynow and then..) and nothing has happened. Just hit start then hit quit, it's safe, and it's the only way to log off too. Actually, you can do a soft reset (B + X + Start) too or even press the reset button both of those will make it save and quit and return to the title screen. Quite handy.

AquaFlare7
Dec 23, 2003, 05:34 PM
im online along time and have never experienced problems with lag.....

go comcast! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
Dec 23, 2003, 06:04 PM
Online on the GC, I don't see too much lag and when it does come about, it's usually not very bad. Also, contrary to what most people say, dial-up doesn't provide the worst sort of lag, but rather a form of broadband. I used play with someone that had a wireless broadband and they lagged a lot more than I ever have.

MOTOROLA
Dec 23, 2003, 06:05 PM
On 2003-12-23 13:42, philip wrote:

Sipmly put, no, you won't corrupt.