PDA

View Full Version : Short Fanfic: Insufficient Offer

GamingRat
Dec 23, 2003, 06:23 PM
Insufficient Offer

By ChaosSorcerer (AKA GamingRat)

Migumi woke up in a cold sweat. She’d had that dream again…. the one where she was back in the Forest with only a Saber and a level five MAG. The Rag Rappies had swarmed her… She shook her head. It had been a stupid, frightening dream, but it was over now. The Hunewearl had to pull long strands of her hair (normally black but currently dyed teal) out of her face before she could look around. Her apartment, a small two-bedroom in the housing district of Pioneer II was a very messy place. She shared it with a friend of hers, a Fomarl by the name of Zaida. The studious, boring, and very stuck-up woman was out at the moment, unusually late for someone as punctual as her. The floor of Migumi’s bedroom was littered with crumpled magazines featuring rare weapons, power materials, a small stack of empty Difluid cans her Sato had long since drained, and quite a few letters from people she had accepted quests from and then either forgotten or screwed up so badly that no hunter, no matter how experienced, could ever repair. In short, it was paradise. Her Sato, a gray little fox like MAG with pink ears and white eyes, was currently curled into a little ball atop a nearby table. Sighing, Migumi looked at her clock. It was way too early- twelve PM. She normally slept until three.
Zaida entered Migumi’s room with a slam of the door, awakening Migumi’s Sato. Zaida still had her twin Ila mags floating behind her and was holding a Talis card in one hand. Clearly she had just returned from a quest. “Migumi!” She called out shrilly. Migumi smiled wearily. “Sup, Zai? Just woke up. You been doin’ quests or what?” Zaida threw aside her Talis and held out a small cane, with a tiny number shining within its amber jewel. 94. “Did you grind this cane?” Migumi smiled. “Think I did, Zai…problem?” “You KNOW I was saving it to make a Summit Moon,” Zaida said furiously. “I’ve been saving and saving and you used up all my trigrinders! I wanted to do that MYSELF! That’s the huge part of making your own weapon!” Migumi smirked, but then she got a serious expression. “Look, I’m sorry,” she began in a contrite tone. “I got bored, I wanted to do something. I thought grinding it for you would be doing you a favor.” Zaida’s expression was one of utmost ferocity. Finally, the Fomarl turned on her heel and stamped out of Migumi’s room, slamming the door behind her.

“Stupid bossy Zaida and her stupid, stupid Summit Moon…” Migumi was grumbling to herself as she stomped through the Caves. Zaida had demanded Migumi find her a second Magic Rock: moola, so that she could create her Summit Moon- Migumi had misplaced the rock somewhere and it had been grabbed by a passing Ramar. Holding her Agito 2001 in one hand and watching Sato drift lazily through the air, Migumi looked around. This was not an ideal place to be pensive: a Ramar, a hucast, and a fonewearl were blasting away at a swarm of Evil Shark. “Assistance needed!” The android called out in a monotone. “Health is at a dangerous low!” Rolling her eyes, Migumi used her Resta technique to restore the android’s health. For such a stuffy, boring android, it sure had a ridiculous name: Biddle Byye. The ranger, who only went by G.I. Joe, had designed it with the help of his brother Squee, a humar, and the two had been very drunk at the time, and when they tired of telling long-winded ‘fish stories’ about killing Da Ral Lie (in which the fish monster would get larger every time) they had built a hucast and named it Biddle Byye. G.I. Joe and Biddle Byye were inseparable, and they were only here because Migumi’s cousin, a fonewearl named MyCharacter for some reason, had invited her along. Migumi was supposed to be fighting Poison Lilies so that she could get a Magic Rock: Moola, but she was secretly hoping for a Double Saber. Who knew how monsters like that found those items and dragged them around, or why they would do that in the first place. But they did, and it meant that Migumi could find one. With an explosion of rafoie, Migumi was shaken back to reality. The brightness of a red box sparked her interest and she charged forwards, shoving Biddle Byye out of the way. “Oooh! Oooh!” “Balance error! Collapse eminent!” With a crash, the android fell on the ground on top of MyCharacter, who let out a shriek of dismay. “OW!” To Migumi’s dismay, the red box was a stupid Cure/Poison from the corpse of an Evil Shark. “Stupid misleading corpse…”

An hour later, all she had to show for her work was two more Cure/Poison units, a Slicer of Assassin, and Grass Assassin’s Arms. She had all but given up, and when they reached a room full of Nano Dragons she wasn’t excited at all. She hung back. The others were much higher levels than her, and she’d only been asked along due to her Redria section ID. After a series of explosions, several blasts of a Red Handgun, and the whirring and buzzing of a Stag Cutlery, Migumi was shocked to see three red boxes lying on the ground. She rushed forwards, and this time Biddle Byye ran away so as not to get knocked over. G.I. Joe and MyCharacter were unaware of the commotion. Both of them were feeding their mags. To her surprise, Migumi had picked up three Double Sabers! It was a huge and unexpected shock.

When Migumi got home, Zaida was waiting expectantly, hand outstretched. “Where is it?” she demanded. “What?” Migumi was confused momentarily. Then it hit her. “Oh, right. That. Well, I, um….” Zaida put her hands on her hips. Migumi looked away sheepishly. Looking back, with a nervous grin on her face, she spoke. “Want a Double Saber?”

((I'd like this to be reviewed and possibly posted in the Fanfic if it's good enough....))