PDA

View Full Version : CURE/FREEZE SUCKS!

anwserman
Dec 24, 2003, 01:01 PM
I've noticed this, but why is it that people always hail "Cure/Freeze" as the ultimate savior against Falz or any enemy that freezes? IT SUCKS.

It does nothing to protect you from the actual damage delt to you from the ice attack, it just cures the frozen ailment, nothing more, nothing less. I've been in teams where somebody drops Cure/Freezes for everybody thinking it will help... and I get ridiculed for not using the item against Falz. (You're gonna die!) Meh. Thats why I have three Resist/Blizzards equipped on moron. IT INCREASES YOUR RESISTANCE TO ICE. More resistance to ice = less damage taken, less chance of being frozen.

So yes, DON'T USE CURE/FREEZE AT ALL UNLESS YOU'RE USING A FROZEN SHOOTER/SNOW QUEEN. Its a stupid, stupid item and only being frozen is only a hinderance once in a while. Yes, being frozen can kill you, but most of the time its due to a trap going off, not due to Falz or a Crimson Assassin.

P.S. That game above, where everyone but me had Cure/Freeze and I had 3 Resist/Blizzards on, I only died once during that battle, because I forgot to heal myself before Falz swiped at me, taking away over 800+ HP. They died like, um, 15 times or so. Each. From Falz' ice attack, with the Darvants that come from the ground. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Its always rewarding to see your lowly level 133 character easily survive the ice attack, and see your lv.180 teammate fall over from the ice, dead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-24 10:07 ]</font>

lain2k3
Dec 24, 2003, 01:08 PM
cure/freeze is not a bad item. it saves you from being frozen, which allows you to move away and dodge (get out of the way so you dont take damage) the darvants.

It also helps when you are a low level char against the sil dragon, and is really good against freeze traps in the ruins, seabed and tower.

-Geshtar-
Dec 24, 2003, 01:13 PM
I always enjoyed being frozen, tapping the analog left and right 6 times is the only real excitement this game holds now. You know, requires you to move the analog fast, I would enjoy more fast paced moments on this game indeed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Skorpius
Dec 24, 2003, 01:32 PM
when your frozen, you do not fall over, hence you can die really fast from falz's rabarta at lower levels...
or anything that freezes you (crimson assassins)

ILLI
Dec 24, 2003, 01:36 PM
CURE FREEZE IS A SAVIOR.. if you know how to use it.. cure freeze gives you the ability to use a trimate right after df 3rd form tries to freeze you... the trimate will save your azz after loosing hp from the ice attack before the darvants.. The cure freeze gives you that extra time to use a mate before the darvants get you.. if your busy trying to wiggle your azz out of that popsicle he just turned you into, you will get nailed by the darvants that will then take the rest of the hp you had left after the ice attack..

cure freeze on df is a must

Xeno_M
Dec 24, 2003, 01:42 PM
Cure/Freeze isn't a must... It makes it easier i guess. I dont have a Cure/Freeze and am in no real hurry to get one. I havne't fought falz in a long time (been hunting too many things elsewhere) but i remember back when my HUcast had BARELY enough HP to survive the multi-rabarta attack. I'd be sitting there frozen with like 9HP. And i'd hit that joystick so fast, i'd be out in less then a second, and could walk right out without the darvants touching me. But just in case i always used a mate while walking out. So its not a must, as long as your fast enough to wiggle out. Problem i had was while i was slamming the joystick, i'd hit the Y button and bring up the Soft Keyboard, and then i wouldn't be able to use a mate in time >_< Other then that i was good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

anwserman
Dec 24, 2003, 01:53 PM
How does it make it easier? It doesn't! With your example, with only having 9HP left, equipping 3 or 4 Resist/Blizzards would have decreased the damage delt to you by a good 50+% and the chances of you actually being frozen would have gone way down, too. You would have been left with possibly more then 1/2 your HP, possibly with a 3/4 left so you wouldn't have to use that mate to increase your HP.

Whats the point? All these excuses people have been using are the same, it just cures being frozen. It doesn't reduce the damage delt by the ice though. Having a Cure/Freeze equipped means NOTHING if you have no resistance to ice... because a major ice attack with no resistance often times can leave you dead. The Cure/Freeze doesn't do anything then.. with 0HP.

All I'm saying is that if you equip three Resist/Blizzards instead of a Cure/Freeze, chances are you won't be frozen and you won't be near as damaged by a ice attack if you were only equipping a Cure/Freeze instead. Sure, you might not be frozen but you'll be dead once that ice attack does 900/1000+ damage to you. Compared to probably about 300/400+ damage to me with my Resist/Blizzards equipped.

EDIT: My example with the Cure/Freeze is this, I might not have stated it better on in my first post. On Ultimate Dark Falz, my three other teammates had Cure/Freezes equipped and I had 3 Resist/Blizzards equipped. However, I survived the ice attacks and they didn't do to the fact that I had a resistance to barta.... those ice attacks to me took about 300/400+ HP from me, while those attacks killed them instantly... it took away 800/900/1000+HP. I had enough time to run away, use resta and to revive them. They didn't since they had no resistance to ice, he did the attack and they all fell in one swoop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-24 11:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-24 11:04 ]</font>

ILLI
Dec 24, 2003, 02:02 PM
ahhh i see.. i guess im not looking at it from a legit point of view.. im talking about chars with nice armor nice units etc.. your talking about a legit at low levels getting hammered by the ice lol... ahhh the fun of being legit.. going to df and getting your azz handed to you by the ice.. hey ur right though.. if you cant live through the damage the ice deals whats the point of having the cure freeze? heh

ILLI
Dec 24, 2003, 02:04 PM
damn double post..

plz forgive me.. i have sinned

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ILLI on 2003-12-24 11:04 ]</font>

anwserman
Dec 24, 2003, 02:06 PM
On 2003-12-24 11:02, ILLI wrote:
ahhh i see.. i guess im not looking at it from a legit point of view.. im talking about chars with nice armor nice units etc.. your talking about a legit at low levels getting hammered by the ice lol... ahhh the fun of being legit.. going to df and getting your azz handed to you by the ice.. hey ur right though.. if you cant live through the damage the ice deals whats the point of having the cure freeze? heh

Finally somebody sees my wisdom. And I'm a level 133, I have good armor (not the best) but does always get me when I see level 160s and above be plowed down by the ice. (I have a Cure/Freeze! Yay!)

Toruxxx
Dec 24, 2003, 02:08 PM
On 2003-12-24 11:04, ILLI wrote:
damn double post..

plz forgive me.. i have sinned

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ILLI on 2003-12-24 11:04 ]</font>

dun forgive him!!!! lol jk

i think cure/freeze is pretty good might not be the best unit but it is good atleast with falz when he freeze's u atleast u can run and heal not like other ppl who aint got it die well mostly everyone does i play wit lol. or they could just be crap http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif jk

ILLI
Dec 24, 2003, 02:10 PM
my point of view...

You will find the cure freeze more useful when you get to higher levels.. right now your main focus is keeping your azz alive when he freezes.. use whatever you feel is best right now at the moment.. maybe others will follow your lead and realize sometimes its better to use resist blizzard vs cure freeze... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xeno_M
Dec 24, 2003, 02:13 PM
I think what people are getting at is, if you have a Cure/Freeze, you wont get frozen, and you can walk away from the darvants without getting hit by them (the darvants after the multi-rabarta). But say you have your 3 Resist/Blizzards on, and you get frozen, and you cant wiggle out fast enough. If those darvants hit you, chances are your gonna die. If all three hit you at the same time (especailly after rabarta just took 300/400 HP away) you ARE going to die.

So i guess the point is, if you can wiggle out of freeze fast enough to get away from the darvants, then sure, you dont need a Cure/Freeze and there worthless. But for people without that quick reflex, you should probably wear one.

And i knew Resist/Blizzard raises barta resistance (obviously) but i didn't know it lowers your chances of being frozen too. Thanks for pointing that out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ILLI
Dec 24, 2003, 02:18 PM
dun forgive him!!!! lol jk

i think cure/freeze is pretty good might not be the best unit but it is good atleast with falz when he freeze's u atleast u can run and heal not like other ppl who aint got it die well mostly everyone does i play wit lol. or they could just be crap jk

I agree... everyone i play with that dont use it dies.. and dies a lot lol

btw.. i am forgiven.. god just told me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

anwserman
Dec 24, 2003, 02:24 PM
How about this setup?

3 Resist/Blizzard
1 Cure/Freeze

Best equipment combo for Falz in the world. You'll never get frozen, and the damage delt to you by the ice will be lowered dramatically!

Oh, little tidbit: With the 3 Resist/Blizzards equipped, I think only once was I frozen. I survived OK (the Darvants didn't kill me!) but since I was the only one left alive, Falz decided to do his little, "Steal HP attack" so I died from that. I was very, very bitter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Flowen_Sword
Dec 24, 2003, 02:27 PM
On 2003-12-24 10:01, anwserman wrote:
I've noticed this, but why is it that people always hail "Cure/Freeze" as the ultimate savior against Falz or any enemy that freezes? IT SUCKS.

It does nothing to protect you from the actual damage delt to you from the ice attack, it just cures the frozen ailment, nothing more, nothing less. I've been in teams where somebody drops Cure/Freezes for everybody thinking it will help... and I get ridiculed for not using the item against Falz. (You're gonna die!) Meh. Thats why I have three Resist/Blizzards equipped on moron. IT INCREASES YOUR RESISTANCE TO ICE. More resistance to ice = less damage taken, less chance of being frozen.

So yes, DON'T USE CURE/FREEZE AT ALL UNLESS YOU'RE USING A FROZEN SHOOTER/SNOW QUEEN. Its a stupid, stupid item and only being frozen is only a hinderance once in a while. Yes, being frozen can kill you, but most of the time its due to a trap going off, not due to Falz or a Crimson Assassin.

P.S. That game above, where everyone but me had Cure/Freeze and I had 3 Resist/Blizzards on, I only died once during that battle, because I forgot to heal myself before Falz swiped at me, taking away over 800+ HP. They died like, um, 15 times or so. Each. From Falz' ice attack, with the Darvants that come from the ground. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Its always rewarding to see your lowly level 133 character easily survive the ice attack, and see your lv.180 teammate fall over from the ice, dead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-12-24 10:07 ]</font>

Buddy, thats all it's supposed to do!

Ketchup345
Dec 24, 2003, 02:42 PM
Some other uses for Cure/Freeze:
Sil Dragon- useful since the targeting system is not that good, and you may have go to near the feet. With 80+ Ice resist, I was getting frozen ALL the time, with every attack that hit.
RAngers using Frozen Shooter- The freeze may act up right when you are about to run from a bad situation, such as getting away from a group of Vulmers.
Anyone in the Ruins- The freeze traps there are really annoying, and can be deadly, especially if there is a Bringer, Sorceror, or Delsaber in the room. Cure/Freeze cxan save your life in these situations, especially if you are running to hit the switch for the lights.

Edit- By the way, I was lucky enoug to get a legit Cure/Freeze from a Whitill Gulgus-Gue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-12-24 11:43 ]</font>

Soukosa
Dec 24, 2003, 03:18 PM
Equipping 3 Resist/Blizzard units isn't going to help those that don't have 3 slots available or aren't willing to give up most slots. By the time you can sanely handle Ult Ruins online, you should enough HP to handle the Rabarta attack. I personally find the Cure/Freeze to the better route, since you're guarenteed not to be frozen and you can get away from the Darvents easily enough from there.

Skuda
Dec 24, 2003, 03:25 PM
A good use for cure/freeze is if you are a ranger and you can use the frozen shooter. Those two together are a pretty mean combo. You don't have to worry about that nasty freezing side effect and you can freeze all the monsters you want! Bliss!

Xeno_M
Dec 24, 2003, 03:40 PM
On 2003-12-24 11:24, anwserman wrote:
How about this setup?

3 Resist/Blizzard
1 Cure/Freeze

Best equipment combo for Falz in the world. You'll never get frozen, and the damage delt to you by the ice will be lowered dramatically!

Oh, little tidbit: With the 3 Resist/Blizzards equipped, I think only once was I frozen. I survived OK (the Darvants didn't kill me!) but since I was the only one left alive, Falz decided to do his little, "Steal HP attack" so I died from that. I was very, very bitter. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I think it'd only work for really high level people. I know for a fact i couldn't sacrifice my God/Arms and Elf/Arm++'s. My attacks miss enough as it is. I'd say Cure/Freeze (again if you cant wiggle out fast enough), and enough HP to survive the Rabarta's is all ya need.

And about the HP steal. I got kind of a funny story about that. Started a new RAcast character. Got to Hard Falz at a pretty low level. And i just about had his 3rd from beat, and he decided to do the HP steal thing... Took ALL of my HP. I died. No scaped doll. I was pissed. lol I had FULL HP too... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Wood_Golem
Dec 24, 2003, 04:10 PM
All I'm saying is that if you equip three Resist/Blizzards instead of a Cure/Freeze, chances are you won't be frozen and you won't be near as damaged by a ice attack if you were only equipping a Cure/Freeze instead.

You tell me whats the point of the rabarta taking away 10% of your hp away and you get frozen? The 3 Darvants (his mines) will hit you and kill you. Maybe a lv 200 RAcast/HUcast/RAcaseal may survive being frozen and the mines but any other character won't. So i'd rather be badly hurt and use a Trimate to fully heal me than losing a small portion of my hp AND still risk dieing from being frozen. And anyway the 28 ice resistance that i got is more than enough to keep me at a third of my health per Rabarta.

lain2k3
Dec 24, 2003, 04:50 PM
I even overlooked the whole thing about you having to sacrifice 3 units instead of just one... cure/freeze is good stuff.

I have about 27-30 ice resistance whenever i fight falz, just from the shield i use. I still have about 750 hp left after rabarta. the spell is not the part that kills you, its the darvants. they do over 500 damage each. You MUST get away from them, that's the first priority. I've never seen anyone die from just rabarta.

anwserman
Dec 24, 2003, 04:56 PM
I have. Thats why I laughed my ass off at them (PSOX remember, they heard everything). I saw which attack he was going to do (fire or ice), and I started to charge to them whenever his left (my right) arm went up.

Pow! Pow! Pow! 3/4 of my team eliminated. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

kingmurp
Dec 24, 2003, 05:43 PM
I can survive TTF Falz just fine without Cure/Freeze, I just take a high ice shield/barrier, and have Star Atomizers ready for those who are close to me, and can't mash as good as I do.

DirtyDan311
Dec 24, 2003, 06:50 PM
cure freeze is best if you have moderate ice resistace(30-40ish). yes, if you wear 3 resist blizzards your probably not going to be frozen, but your also taking up 3 slots in your armor. i fight falz with a resist blizzard and a cure freeze, i still take moderate damage, but nothing a quick trimate cant fix.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DirtyDan311 on 2003-12-24 15:53 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Dec 24, 2003, 10:41 PM
What I bring to Falz varies on the difficulty. Hard and VHard, God/HP as needed and a Resist/Blizzard and a Resist/Holy, which are switched out as necessary. Those Resist/Blizzards do you no good on the third form, neither does the Cure/Freeze, but at least it's only one slot you're losing, yeah?

For Ult, I bring a Cure/Freeze and whatever else I normally use(Usually, I sacrifice my /Power unit rather than an /Arm unit or my God/Battle, if it's my HUmar, my FOmar, I just leave his usual God/HPs on)... It works fairly well. See, I don't have the motor skills necessary to wiggle fast enough to get out of the ice before the Darvants come and pwn me. Cure/Freeze, I can just move or Resta dodge.

What happens most times is that people are stupid about where they stand. Falz's Rabarta isn't one singular Rabarta. Oftentimes, standing in the middle of the field or close to him, more than one will hit you, and -that's- when you die in what seems like one hit. I always stand as far away from him as I can and still be in shooting/tech range, on the very -edge- of the field. Half the time, the Rabarta doesn't even hit me at all there, as sometimes it merely goes in front of him and not so much to the sides. The other half I do get hit, but only once, and the Cure/Freeze enables me to avoid Darvant pwnage. I can easily survive a single Rabarta - My usual shield gives me 30 EIC, and my HUmar has 1000 HP, while my FOmar with 4 God/HPs like he usually has has 1173, and even losing one to the Cure/Freeze he still has a ton.

Cure/Freeze is good for Seabed as well - I don't know how many times my HUmar died offline to getting frozen by a Sinow Zoa and then punched twice before I could break free(I can't break very well. I can't move fast enough, and I also don't want to screw up my controller, I can't afford another and my 'cube is Platinum, too, so I can't get one that matches, either. >P)... >_<

But yeah, for Ult Falz, I find Cure/Freeze much more useful than Resist/Blizzard.

polishedweasel
Dec 24, 2003, 11:23 PM
Mkay.....without reading anything but the first 3 posts I'm going to put in my 2 cents.

You don't need cure freeze or resist anything while fighting falz. There's this thing called a safe zone where you don't get hit by any of his attacks at all. While in this zone, the only thing you need to worry about it the darvants that pop up when you stand there, so don't stand there either.

Not many people know about this part, so my poor Leilani has to revive everyone else about 12987y23764-038794 times. Most people suck at this game, they can't do two things at the same time. Meh.

IoriYagami_n8
Dec 25, 2003, 02:07 AM
My general goal in playing is to have to be as maintaince free as possible. I can't stand having to stop and go up top to switch equipment or buy more fluids. As a result I play my FOmar with strong support and melee, with a side of techs for those rooms with numerous enemies. I also like being able to not rely on many items. My Geist Mechs do a decent enough job of keeping me from having to use a lot of trifluids, and my Sacred Cloth and Cure/Shock combination keeps me from having to use sols. Since I don't like to change equipment, my slots have to count. I use a Perfect/Resist, God/Battle, Cure/Shock, and Cure/Freeze. About the only thing that kills me is getting stuck in a group of enemies. I can understand people using three Resist/Blizzards, but I have enough HP that I can survive the hits from rabarta. As a result I use a Cure/Freeze because it takes up less space and gives me the same effect, which would be living.

Zarana
Dec 25, 2003, 04:06 AM
I agree with you. I would never use Cure/Freeze unless I was being incredibly lazy and didn't feel like wiggling out of the ice, which is actually pretty easy to do before Darvants strike. It's better than Cure/Poison, but that's not saying much. Once you get fast enough at breaking out of the ice on your own, you'll start to wish this unit sold for more than 10 Meseta.

Jazhara
Dec 25, 2003, 11:14 AM
I only use cure / freeze when drunk. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

IMHO cure / slow is infinitely more useful on that form than cure / freeze...

SpyroDi
Dec 25, 2003, 12:26 PM
I don't use Cure/Freezes unless I'm playing Battle mode.

toosmart4U9078
Dec 25, 2003, 04:37 PM
hmm lets c here 3 slots taken up by resist/blizzards or 1 slot taken up by a cure/freeze wow this is going to b a really hard decision

Genoa
Dec 25, 2003, 05:57 PM
On 2003-12-24 10:08, lain2k3 wrote:
cure/freeze is not a bad item. it saves you from being frozen, which allows you to move away and dodge (get out of the way so you dont take damage) the darvants.

It also helps when you are a low level char against the sil dragon, and is really good against freeze traps in the ruins, seabed and tower.

ditto

Dragon_Knight
Dec 25, 2003, 06:07 PM
I happen to like the Cure/freeze over blizzard resistance, especaly in the seabed where it doesn't matter how much ice resistance you have. Those freeze traps have never failed to get me and the follow up by Sinew Zol or whatever usually takes my character down before I break out.

-Geshtar-
Dec 26, 2003, 02:03 PM
On 2003-12-24 10:42, Xeno_M wrote:
Cure/Freeze isn't a must... It makes it easier i guess. I dont have a Cure/Freeze and am in no real hurry to get one. I havne't fought falz in a long time (been hunting too many things elsewhere) but i remember back when my HUcast had BARELY enough HP to survive the multi-rabarta attack. I'd be sitting there frozen with like 9HP. And i'd hit that joystick so fast, i'd be out in less then a second, and could walk right out without the darvants touching me. But just in case i always used a mate while walking out. So its not a must, as long as your fast enough to wiggle out. Problem i had was while i was slamming the joystick, i'd hit the Y button and bring up the Soft Keyboard, and then i wouldn't be able to use a mate in time >_< Other then that i was good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Here here Xeno! It adds a tad bit of rush to this game other than when a rare drops dosent it?

Xeno_M
Dec 26, 2003, 03:24 PM
On 2003-12-26 11:03, -Geshtar- wrote:

On 2003-12-24 10:42, Xeno_M wrote:

Here here Xeno! It adds a tad bit of rush to this game other than when a rare drops dosent it?

Heh, ya i think it does. I remember one time doing Ult TTF with some weaker people. Everyone one else was dying by the multi-rabarta, and i was the only surviving it. And without a Cure/Freeze mind you... And i knew the only way we were going to beat this guy was if i shook out and used a mate and got them revived. If i failed, we all failed. I remember shaking out, quickly using a mate, getting hit by the darvant/s, using another mate, ect, until we FINALLY put him away! One of my fondest Falz memories http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NodMan
Dec 27, 2003, 08:24 PM
On 2003-12-24 10:01, anwserman wrote:

DUH! I it is not an ultimate saviour for Ice damage!