PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Question on Mag raising and leveling

mafiachink
Dec 24, 2003, 10:00 PM
Someone told me that the way you raise your mag (I guess what category to feed first and such) affects how many of each points you get when you lvl up. Basically they said by adding to DEX, then your ATA will go up faster. Personally, I think this is total BS (for I have never gotten more than 1 ATA per lvl), but then again, I haven't played this game for nearly as long as some of you guys so an expert opinion would help. Thanks!

Dhylec
Dec 24, 2003, 10:34 PM
heh, have u read any mag guide?
read first, try it out then justify yourself later..

mafiachink
Dec 24, 2003, 11:19 PM
On 2003-12-24 19:34, Dhylec wrote:
heh, have u read any mag guide?
read first, try it out then justify yourself later..

Wow...that was surprisingly helpful...

Might I suggest that if you don't know the answer to a question, please don't bother posting sarcastic remarks.

And please realize not everyone has the time to raise 10 mags JUST to see what affects it has on the stat increases when a character lvls. In fact, I doubt many people raise their mags in order to find that out. Most people, myself included, raise mags to compliment their characters either stats-wise and appearance-wise. I don't pay too much attention to how much ATP or MST I get each time I lvl nor have I played the game long enough to even have anything to use for comparison. So please, if you are knowledgeable on this topic, then by all means, help me out. But if you're not, telling me to go read a mag guide and try it out myself doesn't help me at all, nor does it inspire me to do as suggested.

And BTW, I have read the majority of the mag guides on this website, and I haven't found an answer to my question. Thus, explaining why I'm asking it here...

KaFKa
Dec 24, 2003, 11:20 PM
SOMEBODY just tried to tell of one of the mods http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

but no, your mag has nothing to do with HOW you level. you could have a 195 pwoer mag and slap it on a FOnewearl and it wont raise her ATP any more.

a mag's stats and your char's stats are completely seperate in how they go up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2003-12-24 20:22 ]</font>

mafiachink
Dec 25, 2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks Kafka for the information.

And Dhylec, I didn't know you were a mod. I probably wouldn't have been as forward had I known, but even still, I felt your response was unwarranted and would've responded in a similar fashion, if not as blunt. This is because I feel that being a mod does not give you any more right to belittle other people's legitimate questions. I had gone through some of the mag guides that applied and read through them and found nothing to answer my question. If you can direct me to a mag guide on this site that I missed which answers my question, then I stand corrected and I sincerely apologize for my response. If not, then I stand firm in my opinion in that your post was unwarranted and not constuctive in nature.