PDA

View Full Version : Fanfic: *Warning: May be disturbing*

Gnarled_rose
Dec 25, 2003, 12:08 AM
This is auto-biographical in a way, except that I'm either still running, or haven't met my angel yet. But I've said too much as it is. Just read, and keep in mind that this isn't my norm.
Rayne walked out into the clearing, holding his Varista limply. Yes, this place would be perfect, he thought to himself. He slowly scanned all 360 degrees around him, making sure there would be no one to stop him. Ha had prepared a long time for this moment, when it would finally end. The past two days had been the roughest, knowing all those people wouldn't be here when he awoke from this mortal coil. His face tightened as he wondered what awaited him. Was there an afterlife? Was there some greater power far away, moving him around like a chess piece? He wondered about this some more as he brought the weapon into position. His finger moved to the trigger, when he saw
the infinite pain that awaited him. It would wait no more if his path went along, unchecked. He saw his Soul Immortal locked in death throes, unable to escape. He saw this pain, tasted in his mouth, and saw it going on...and on...and on...forever. Was this the afterlife? Was this what awaited him in 3 seconds? 2...1...
The vision broke his concentration shortly. He found a bead of sweat had formed on his brow, and he wiped it away. He set his jaw even firmer, not caring if his vision was a prophecy or a dream. He stalwartly held the Varista, when it happened again.
He saw her. She was like a FOmarl and a RAcaseal and a HUnewearl all rolled into one. She was gorgeous, and she looked straight into him. He had read about this experience in fairy tales, but never expected to feel it. That certain tingling you get when you know someone's looking straight into your soul. She reached for him, but he was just out of range. Then he got it. It was up to him. He had to extend his mind's hand while pulling away his physical hand.
The gun lowered.
He reached. He almost had her hand. He knew, just knew that if he could touch her but once, his life would be worth it. Even worth that grotesque vision of Hell he had just suffered. His hand--
graced nothing. Open air. He fell to the ground in tears. Someone that beautiful just out of reach...How was that a deterrent? He removed his hands from his face, wiping his tears just long enough to hear the tinkling of wind chimes in the distance and see a long white robe flutter past trees. Was that her? What this it? He had to know....
So he ran. He ran, ran, and ran. He took off like a Foie, and didn?t think twice about Hell, Heaven, or death.
All that mattered....
Was her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gnarled_rose on 2003-12-24 21:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gnarled_rose on 2003-12-26 13:35 ]</font>

Robert_Wolf
Dec 26, 2003, 01:54 AM
Ok, this one is showing some real potential, but there are some flaws.

First, I hope this is just some kind of prologue. If so, then it's length could be acceptable. Try to make your chapters longer.

Second, when posting something, always preview it first, then post it. The site can't process some text characters. Those that aren't correctly processed show up as question marks.

Third, I'm not sure what your intention was with the italics... Try to use italics only when a character is thinking something.

This could be good, though. Your only errors are conventions, and those can usually be overlooked. I hope you plan to continue this. Have a good one.

LadyRedComet
Dec 26, 2003, 08:21 AM
Wow, this is definitely not your average PSO fanfic. It's good, though. I like how you used the italics for emphasis, and it wasn't going on and on in the character's self-pity and angst.

Caecilius
Dec 26, 2003, 08:44 AM
I can't usually judge anything based on one chapter, but this seems... *head explodes*

... Excellent, to say the least.

Gnarled_rose
Dec 26, 2003, 04:33 PM
Ah, what fools these mere mortals be...
The italics are a vision. Mental images, if you don't believe in those. Day-dreams, even.
And as far as the degrees symbol goes, it was one flaw that managed to slip through my iron fist. I'll fix that right now.

Monomate
Dec 26, 2003, 11:16 PM
whoa...

that's...deep...incredibly deep and incredibly beautiful...

I know how your character feels (and that being somewhat autobiographical, I guess I know how you feel too). I've been through that before...and I found my angel...but have since lost her...

anyway, that's really great

just hold on.

Sagasu
Dec 28, 2003, 12:59 PM
Happyness +

Cool, I think this has some real potential here. Its interesting to see something new every other day, one thing though, stories like these tend to lose their shape, a plot rather quickly unless carefully handled. So continue with care, never rush as well, and I'll come back to read if it contines good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Monomate
Dec 28, 2003, 06:26 PM
Sarunakai...I think you missed it...that's the end. There is no more. There doesn't need to be any more, it's perfect as is.

Sagasu
Dec 29, 2003, 02:08 PM
oops, yeah I slipped. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EVEN MOR HAPPYNESS +++

I feel kinda stupid now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Monomate
Dec 30, 2003, 07:42 PM
On 2003-12-29 11:08, Sarunakai wrote:
oops, yeah I slipped. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EVEN MOR HAPPYNESS +++

I feel kinda stupid now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

lol

you should...you should... just kidding!

anyway, it was really good wasn't it?

AUTO_
Dec 30, 2003, 07:49 PM
On 2003-12-25 22:54, Robert_Wolf wrote:
Ok, this one is showing some real potential, but there are some flaws.

First, I hope this is just some kind of prologue. If so, then it's length could be acceptable. Try to make your chapters longer.

Third, I'm not sure what your intention was with the italics... Try to use italics only when a character is thinking something.

O_o

God? O_o

It's important you give advice--but don't tell other people how to write THEIR fanfictions.

Have a good one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2003-12-30 16:52 ]</font>