PDA

View Full Version : problems getting on

Trugeta
Dec 25, 2003, 05:10 PM
broadband
isp:provider or earthlink. wjicj one should i use?
dsl
ethernet cable
i need help when it asks for connection settings. i choose automatic like the book says for the ip address. whats a DHCP? what is the ip address? whats PPoE? Wats the DNS server? Whats a proxy server and proxy port number?can someone tell me the best and easiest isp to use? whenever i tried to get on, it says check my cords, or check my isp settings. can someone please help me?
p.s. can you please respond to this before the st. rappies are gone? thanks

merry christmas and happy holidays!

Rich_T
Dec 25, 2003, 06:09 PM
DHCP, PPoE, DNS etc are nothing to worry about if all is set to automatic.
i guess your using a DSL modem with an ethernet output, and to use it for PSO your unplugging your P.C and plugging in your gamecube into the modem.
unplug your p.c, switch the modem off at the mains, plug in your gamecube, switch the modem on, wait for the green lights to come on, or for your mdeom to initialise/sync then try agan.
select homepage on the PSO menu, and if you can get through to the sign up pages for pse you should be OK.
dont buy your hunters licence until your gamecube is set up and you can get it online, buy your forst HL over your gamecube for this reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2003-12-25 15:09 ]</font>

Trugeta
Dec 25, 2003, 06:48 PM
i keep everything set to automatic, and i already bought my hl over the computer. so your saying to shut the computer off, and then turmn it back on after its plugged into the gamecube and it should work right? should i keep the isp at p[rovider 4-5 or earthlink?
thanks

polishedweasel
Dec 25, 2003, 11:30 PM
No, he's saying that you just unplug the modem, then plug it back in again. After abuut 10 seconds it should reconfigure and voila. Online gameage.