PDA

View Full Version : Character Transfer Question

Arkne
Dec 25, 2003, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer a character from one memory card to another permanently, as in not just the temporary slot. My friend had the game for about a month before I got it and I created a character on his card. Its at level 38 and I'd rather not lose that time, it isn't anything too big but i was really having fun with it. If anyone can help me i'd appreciate it. If it matters I've got the US version.

TX_109
Dec 25, 2003, 10:02 PM
On 2003-12-25 18:39, Arkne wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer a character from one memory card to another permanently, as in not just the temporary slot. My friend had the game for about a month before I got it and I created a character on his card. Its at level 38 and I'd rather not lose that time, it isn't anything too big but i was really having fun with it. If anyone can help me i'd appreciate it. If it matters I've got the US version.

just copy the file to the other memory card and erase the other characters

Arkne
Dec 25, 2003, 10:05 PM
that creates another problem, i've made characters since i got the game, i honestly hadn't thought of that and i think i'll do that unless anyone knows a way to just transfer the character

VioletSkye
Dec 25, 2003, 10:10 PM
No, it is not possible to transfer the char to another card to use as a permanent char. Ignore TX_109's comment as he/she has absolutely no clue what they are talking about (good that they wasted space with an inaccurate post though lol) TX_109, just so you know and don't say something equally stupid in the future, the game files (for PSO) CAN'T be transferred to another card through ordinary means. And yes before someone (who probably has no idea how to actually do it themselves) mentions it, there are programs that WILL allow you to transfer and save game files to another card however you'll need a BBA and the specific app to do it.

If worse comes to worse, just start a new char. Level 38 is nothing and you can regain that in no time easily.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-25 19:15 ]</font>

JDA
Dec 25, 2003, 10:21 PM
As someone who DOES know how to backup and restore official (or any other) memory cards using my PC, I'd like to point out that if you copy the PSO files to a different card, it'll tell you that they're corrupt.

When I tested this, I was copying from an official 251 to an official 59. I just got another 251 for Xmas so I'll test that shortly, though I don't expect any change. I'm also going to try copying an image of the entire card onto another card, although this is said not to work even using identical types of card...

VioletSkye
Dec 25, 2003, 10:25 PM
Yes I know. Each card has a format ID that needs to match the one in the PSO files. This is the same reason that if you save files from a USB card and then reformat the card, the files will say they are corrupt even thoguh you're using the same card. It does work well for alot of other games though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-12-25 19:35 ]</font>