PDA

View Full Version : PSOW'S Stickman Assault

LollipopLolita
Dec 26, 2003, 06:09 AM
PSOW'S Stickman Assault - Get Those Pencils And Draw

We unveil to you our newest contest: PSOW'S Stickman Assault - Get Those Pencils And Draw.

Now you're going to be asking us: "What? Stickman Assault?" It's easy, you see, we're having a fan art contest, but to be fair to everyone, this will be a stickman fanart contest! Interesting? Want to participate but worried that our artists in Fan Works will kick your ass? Don't be afraid, this contest covers everyone! Read on even more and make sure to read the rules!

The chosen categories for this fanart challenge are:

Mome the great
Rappy huntress extreme
Monster mash
Burning Booma sticks
C-mode gone wrong
The ultimate rare
Legit vs haxorz
Oh my head!

You will be submitting your fanfics via email's to [email protected]. Members will have up to January 14th to submit their fanarts. We are ready to start accepting your works starting on January 1st.

Once all the submissions are taken in after the first two weeks, PSOW members will have another two weeks to vote for who they think best fits the category!

Winners will each get a PSO figurine. Best in Challenge winner will get their very own set of PSO playing cards!

This contest begins Thursday, January 1st. You can start submitting entries then. We will be accepting entries until Wednesday, January 14th. Voting for the contest will then commence for 2 weeks once the voting booth is prepared. Voting for the Best in Challenge fanfic will commence once winners of the primary 8 categories are announced and will last for 1 week.

Categories
Interpretations on the category titles are up to you, but remember, we will be voting for the one that best match the title. Also, plus points for creativity, originality, humor and artistry.

Please completely read the RULES below

Submissions must follow each category.

Maximum image size: 400x600. This is the total size for the whole image. The image itself can be divied into as many panels or strips or whatever else that you want. It can follow the setup of a comic strip or a comic book. The entire strip or panel must be no more then 400x600. You're limited to just one single 400x600 image.

Characters, people or enemy or any other character, must be in very simple matchstick man images. One line for body, one line for each arm, one arm for each leg and one circle for the head. Characters cannot have anything else on it. Nothing else will be accepted. Nothing more complex will be accepted. The way you identify your characters is up to you and is part of the creativity process.You can put eyes, noses and mouths but in simplified forms to show emotions and expression.

All images including backgrounds should be line art and cannot include photographs, screenshots or the likes.

Entries can be in color or b&w.

Entries can be in digital art, scans or traditional art (pencil drawn, inked, etc)

Entries can have speech bubbles or text to help the story if there is a story to tell.

All entries should be in either gif or jpg format. Please don't send us huge images! Please nothing over 2mb's! No animated gif's. Absolutely no flash or shockwave.

Only up to 2 artist per entry allowed.

All entries must strictly follow the site/forum rules and rule of conduct. This includes content and language.

Each member is allowed to enter in two categories. You can only have one entry per category.

All submissions are final, NO EXCEPTIONS!

All entries have to be titled in the following format: membername_categoryname

The staff will not correct or edit any entries even upon personal request.

All entries shall remain secret until voting goes live. Do not advertise entries prior. Do not submit entries that have been posted on the site.

We will not tolerate any entries that have forms of plagiarism. Such actions will be considered as cheating.

You may "campaign" your entry in your signatures or in the Fresh Kills forum once voting starts. Please remember to observe forum rules. (Please no shameless self promoting through pm's though!) You may not however have any ambiguous links of any form that will result in someone voting for you once the link is clicked. You will be disqualified if found doing so. All links have to be explicitly marked.

Do not post your entries in the Fan Works forum or any forum. Do not campaign in Fan Works.

As always, any attempt to cheat in this contest will have you disqualified from the current contest or any other contest in the future.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR MEMBERNAME IF YOU ARE EMAILING AND FOLLOW FILENAME RULES!

Adhere to all the rules or we will have to refuse your entry.

You may employ your own cheerleaders and give us bananas.

Knock yourselves out and enjoy! And please... complaints make us weary of holding contests.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-12-26 03:31 ]</font>

LamerPanda
Dec 26, 2003, 12:17 PM
Quick question!

What if you were drawing a boss that comes in segments, like De Rol Le or Barba Ray? Would you draw a bunch of circles? I can see how you would draw a stick dragon or something, but some of the bosses would be really difficult to put in generic stick form.

I seriously want to take a shot at this contest, so I don't want my entry rejected just because I wasn't clear on the rules. o_o;

polishedweasel
Dec 26, 2003, 01:47 PM
W00t!!

Uncle_bob
Dec 26, 2003, 01:55 PM
*cough* Care to elaborate on "Oh my head!"?

Butoden
Dec 26, 2003, 02:05 PM
I think this contest is going to rule. I like stickmens, I made some fun art with Stickmen before, but for another game. I'm sure I can make a FANTASTIC set of Stickmen-Art http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 26, 2003, 02:50 PM
so can we have stick weapons too? Or would that go under "characters cannot have anything else on them", thus leaving us with unarmed characters? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

navci
Dec 26, 2003, 02:54 PM
w00t w00t! This seems fun.

Question tho. You can compaign yourself in your sig in Fresh Kill but nowhere else, meaning you will have to have a sig seperate for Fresh Kill? How do you do that??

Gam
Dec 26, 2003, 03:10 PM
Are weapons allowed? It's easy to get a saber out of a singel line and how about the detail I guess a little is O.K., right?

Logical2u
Dec 26, 2003, 03:11 PM
I'm in.
... Legits vs Hackzorz
And now, off to play Halo.

LollipopLolita
Dec 26, 2003, 03:19 PM
On 2003-12-26 09:17, LamerPanda wrote:
Quick question!

What if you were drawing a boss that comes in segments, like De Rol Le or Barba Ray? Would you draw a bunch of circles? I can see how you would draw a stick dragon or something, but some of the bosses would be really difficult to put in generic stick form.

I seriously want to take a shot at this contest, so I don't want my entry rejected just because I wasn't clear on the rules. o_o;

for that very simplified forms will work, but remember, keep it simplified! like very very!

it's not an all out fan art contest, it's a stickman fan art contest, and creativity and problem soliving is part of it!

*cough* Care to elaborate on "Oh my head!"?

as said above, categories are open to what you make of it.

so can we have stick weapons too? Or would that go under "characters cannot have anything else on them", thus leaving us with unarmed characters?

Are weapons allowed? It's easy to get a saber out of a singel line and how about the detail I guess a little is O.K., right?

weapons are allowed and the rendering of them are up to you, but characters themselves are stickmen. they don't need to be simplified.

Question tho. You can compaign yourself in your sig in Fresh Kill but nowhere else, meaning you will have to have a sig seperate for Fresh Kill? How do you do that??

your sig is fine for universal use, individual "promotion" threads and posts are only allowed in fresh kills.

hope you guys have fun with this one. we tried to make it as fun as possible and as fair as possible for the people who aren't art masters. good luck guys!

Aunt_Betty
Dec 26, 2003, 03:44 PM
This is funny and new.

RoninJoku
Dec 26, 2003, 03:54 PM
It's about time we get another contest! Great idea too! I'm dissapointed that it has to be stick people though, but you're right, it's only fair... I'm still trying to decide if i'll participate...

EDIT:jus deleting something dumb -__-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2003-12-26 13:00 ]</font>

LamerPanda
Dec 26, 2003, 04:33 PM
keep it simplified! like very very!

Trust me, that's about all I can do. XD

I was wondering about weapons too, good to see that we can have them, I was wondering if I was going to end up with a bunch of unarmed stickmen.

I think it's a neat idea, this'll be fun to try. =D

Para
Dec 26, 2003, 04:51 PM
A most interesting challenge ^_^

Robo47
Dec 26, 2003, 06:04 PM
can I show everyone my work now?

LollipopLolita
Dec 26, 2003, 06:57 PM
no? can you read the rules?

SolRiver
Dec 26, 2003, 07:20 PM
are u allow to draw simplified hairs and furs? and what about thing such as 1 line body instead of stick figure?

what i mean by 1 line body is like arm+leg+body = 1 line surrounding the area of the target. So it look like a ginger bread man... well, something like that...

Delsaber
Dec 26, 2003, 08:39 PM
400width and 600height or visa versa.. not sure on which order you put yours in.

Spider
Dec 26, 2003, 09:15 PM
Hmm... this comp seems interesting! Can we use animated stickmen.. I mean, isn't that what stickmen are all about!

LollipopLolita
Dec 26, 2003, 09:32 PM
read the rules, no animated gifs

400 with 600 height or 600 width 400 height is fine. whatever orientation

i'll say this again

1 line for body
1 line each for arms
1 line each for legs
1 circle for head
simplified eyes, nose and mouth, nothing complicated, nothing beyond simple forms, lines and circles
no hair nothing else beyond this for the character
no hands no fingers no shoes no clothes no feet no ears no toes nothing. it's a stickman.

no gingerbread man, it's a stickman contest? get it? which is why we titled it stickman assault

please read the rules, please. i'm going to set a low tolerance for people that don't follow the guidelines. and please name your files accordingly, i won't ask you in a reply which category you want to be in and what your membername is.

if you want confirmations of entries, pm erupt.

kevlar_pso
Dec 26, 2003, 09:48 PM
This sounds like fun, I look forward to every1's creativity. I would enter but I need to lev up.

Sharkyland
Dec 26, 2003, 09:58 PM
What a happy contest...

GazL_Neon
Dec 26, 2003, 10:14 PM
No hands? Aww...! I just drew some circles, too!

Hmm...I really can't use PS7 to save my life! My friend can, but he's also my Rival. Time to break out the felt pens I used when I was 8! Wow...10 years ago!

Aww c'mon! Can't we use circles for hands? No? Fair enough. *deletes*

Let's hope my in-jokes will transfer well...

Getintothegame
Dec 26, 2003, 11:50 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/contests/stickman/stickman.jpg

What's that image from? Someone draw it? Or is it from a Japaneese art book?

Recliner
Dec 27, 2003, 03:12 AM
Are "^_^" eyes simple? ARE THEY!?

Butoden
Dec 27, 2003, 07:30 AM
I think so. So are U.U eyes and oO

Just no special glare in them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

polishedweasel
Dec 27, 2003, 03:21 PM
Aww WAH!?! No hair either eh? I like my stickmen to have hair! Oh well, this should be pretty fun. If I actually do it.... :

Gam
Dec 27, 2003, 03:59 PM
ok so it's about this: O
-|-
/

Sharkyland
Dec 28, 2003, 12:52 AM
On 2003-12-26 20:50, Getintothegame wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/contests/stickman/stickman.jpg
What's that image from? Someone draw it? Or is it from a Japaneese art book?

I've recently saw this image as a wallpaper...

Sharkyland
Dec 28, 2003, 01:28 AM
Okay, I'm a bit confused... what's with the fanfic stuff...? I thought this was a fanart?

Getintothegame
Dec 28, 2003, 02:06 AM
On 2003-12-27 21:52, Sharkyland wrote:

I've recently saw this image as a wallpaper...

I just checked... no wallpaper like it.
=/

Sharkyland
Dec 28, 2003, 02:22 AM
Downloads > Wallpaper > PSO Wallpaper #100

Hmm, lines and circles, crud... I have other shapes like triangles and polygons. x_x

NEGRISSIMO
Dec 28, 2003, 11:22 AM
You know what is more challenging to great artists than learning a new art style?

Going back to kindergarden art, that is.

Getintothegame
Dec 28, 2003, 02:45 PM
On 2003-12-27 23:22, Sharkyland wrote:
Downloads > Wallpaper > PSO Wallpaper #100

Hmm, lines and circles, crud... I have other shapes like triangles and polygons. x_x

Oh... Didn't see that one.

Thanks.

Pastullio
Dec 28, 2003, 06:16 PM
Yeah! This is going to be a blast! Count me in!

Flame
Dec 28, 2003, 09:39 PM
can the stick figures have joints? technically its still one line. . . .so kinda like a bend in the line? Ohhh can lines bend? Like arms. legs. Can they bend?

Myopathy
Dec 28, 2003, 09:43 PM
On 2003-12-28 18:39, Flame wrote:
can the stick figures have joints? technically its still one line. . . .so kinda like a bend in the line? Ohhh can lines bend? Like arms. legs. Can they bend?

Technically, that would be two lines that are connected together.

Flame
Dec 28, 2003, 09:58 PM
ok ok ill give u the lines that make angles. But what about Bent lines?

kitomaka_ck
Dec 28, 2003, 11:21 PM
can i draw blobs for stuff like foie? and boomas? i will i'll just see what you say later i guess. uncle_bob, lmfao, "ow! my head!" that's just disgusting. oh yes another question.. well, can I PM it to you, it's an idea i don't want anyone else to use unless they figure it out themselves.

RubyEclipse
Dec 28, 2003, 11:56 PM
This is what sharkyland was referring to with the fanfic mention:

On 2003-12-26 03:09, LollipopLolita wrote:
PSOW'S Stickman Assault - Get Those Pencils And Draw

You will be submitting your fanfics via email's to [email protected]. Members will have up to January 14th to submit their fanarts. We are ready to start accepting your works starting on January 1st."

It's just a minor error, but it had me confused for a moment too when I first read it. No biggie.

Anyways though, this contest sounds like fun (thank you to whoever decided to include the "mome the great" category!!), and I'll be sure to send in a couple entries soon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-- Ruby Eclipse

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2003-12-28 20:59 ]</font>

Relam
Dec 29, 2003, 01:12 AM
How detailed are weapons allowed to be? And would a close up of a Sinow Beat hand be considered a violation of the "Keep it simple" rules?

Oh and if our pics don't qualify because of too much detail, would it be okay to keep sending in the pic until it's simplified enough?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Relam on 2003-12-28 22:19 ]</font>

ShadowNINJA007
Dec 29, 2003, 11:17 AM
How bout back-grounds? Are they simplified??

Viperdude472
Dec 29, 2003, 10:03 PM
um... can i plz put it in bmp file...pretty plz...i have no other programs to make gif and jpg files. i think....

Abaddon
Dec 29, 2003, 10:41 PM
On 2003-12-29 19:03, Viperdude472 wrote:
um... can i plz put it in bmp file...pretty plz...i have no other programs to make gif and jpg files. i think....

If you are a Windows 98 user or later (95's paint should be able to do it but don't hold me to it), Microsoft Paint can save BMP's to JPEG and/or GIF

noob-of-fury
Dec 30, 2003, 05:40 AM
I'm retracting my question.

I'm just going to draw the "simple" way as I see fit and hope that I don't get rejected cause of it. One other question though... is coarse language going to be a problem? A character I'm going to portray is the WWH (World's Worst Human) and he's pretty bad...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: noob-of-fury on 2003-12-30 03:11 ]</font>

The_Pew
Dec 31, 2003, 12:24 AM
Haha! I got my idea... hmmmm I dunno if im gunna be able to get in done in time....

Garanz2
Dec 31, 2003, 05:31 PM
If I were to enter legits vs haxors, would it be possible to draw the haxors normally? Breaking the rules yet again as the whole point of the picture? Or does every single thing have to be in stick detail?

I'd like to know, but it's no big deal. I can't draw very well anyway.

rulicia
Jan 1, 2004, 01:12 PM
It look like it be fun.So I may draw to,but I got some questions.
#1.Can the lines curve and bend?
#2.Do the backgrounds have to be simple,or can it be crativy?

Cannibal-Snowman
Jan 1, 2004, 10:26 PM
Just one question.

About what we title our entry, do we have to do something different from the category name? I'm doing 'The Ultimate Rare.' Can I just title my entry 'The Ultimate Rare'?

KnucklesZ5
Jan 2, 2004, 05:16 PM
Can we use, like, a square for a person's head instead?

jimmypig
Jan 2, 2004, 11:02 PM
no i have no scanner, can i just draw it on paint?

Relam
Jan 3, 2004, 02:30 AM
On 2004-01-02 20:02, jimmypig wrote:
no i have no scanner, can i just draw it on paint?

There wasn't any rules saying you HAD to do actual pencil sketches. So I'd assume MS Paint is good if not prefered http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

PlatypusMaximus
Jan 3, 2004, 03:31 PM
Just a brief question, how/when will we know if our entries have been accepted?

Zebulan7
Jan 3, 2004, 07:48 PM
I'm guessing something like my sig would not qualify. I made it before the contest was announced so...

Also, can we put something inside their heads, like eyes maybe?never mind

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zebulan7 on 2004-01-05 15:08 ]</font>

SabZero
Jan 4, 2004, 05:42 PM
On 2003-12-29 19:03, Viperdude472 wrote:

Hey, just get IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com), it allows you to convert your images (among other things). It's a great little program.

Lord-Fatass
Jan 5, 2004, 02:49 PM
Can we submit for multiple categories?

RubyEclipse
Jan 6, 2004, 06:43 PM
On 2004-01-05 11:49, Lord-Fatass wrote:
Can we submit for multiple categories?

Read the rules. It says you can submit 2 entires, and they both have to be in different categories.

Lord-Fatass
Jan 7, 2004, 11:07 AM
Heh. Didn't see that. You can beat me with rusty poles now. And no hitting below the belt!

RoboBlob
Jan 7, 2004, 06:25 PM
bleh

OriginalLacan
Jan 8, 2004, 01:00 AM
question similar to the question about de rol le.
I know the stick men representing the hunters can't have hands, but can a stick boomba have a little circle on each arm to signify the boomba's big claw's? nothing fancy, just a O?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OriginalLacan on 2004-01-07 22:01 ]</font>

Lord-Fatass
Jan 8, 2004, 06:07 PM
Weird. Whenever I try to send my email, the screen flashes and does nothing else. The message is still written and no "This Message Has Been Sent" thingy comes up.
Would I be able to PM it to a judge of sorts, or send them a URL?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord-Fatass on 2004-01-08 15:08 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jan 8, 2004, 09:11 PM
Argh, I'm running out of time!

LordCronai
Jan 9, 2004, 10:37 AM
This is the best contest ever. Stick figures are my best works of art.

TalonHUcast
Jan 9, 2004, 02:02 PM
i may do it i may not..........

.......probably not

Lord-Fatass
Jan 10, 2004, 03:04 PM
I still have a problem here

Lord-Fatass
Jan 10, 2004, 03:51 PM
I zipped it to 11 KB and it still won't send!

PlatypusMaximus
Jan 11, 2004, 01:01 PM
Hmm... Upon closer examination, my entry is 6 pixels too big. Should I resend it or doesn't it matter that much?

Butoden
Jan 12, 2004, 06:16 AM
The email adress is wrong, remove the last . at the end of the adress and it should be fine, right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
It says [email protected]. while it should be [email protected]

Sharkyland
Jan 14, 2004, 03:04 AM
I have my two entries, I'm really hoping my internet doesn't eff up as I'm sending this.

RigelKent
Jan 14, 2004, 10:42 AM
I hope my two entries came through OK.

I was good, even! Only one of the two came tasteless, offensive, and more than vaguely British, I swear!

See the halo?

Sharkyland
Jan 14, 2004, 01:37 PM
Okay, I'm seriously having problems with my ISP, please tell me if you got my entry.

Garanz2
Jan 14, 2004, 05:33 PM
soooooo, how long until 'the voting booth is prepared'?

Butoden
Jan 15, 2004, 05:24 AM
I think it'll take a while...
Even if I don't get trough the first round, it was fun participating http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif

RoboBlob
Jan 15, 2004, 08:25 PM
man i wanna rate these things bad!

Ryusei
Jan 15, 2004, 11:31 PM
i send mine 2 days ago...when do the votin start?...and the email isnt wrong on the topic ...right..? hope not....yesterday was the dead line...

Shake
Jan 16, 2004, 09:29 PM
If the mail was indeed wrong, then what are those who didn't know this supposed to do? I know it would suck to extend the deadline, but a lot of people surely copied the link directly.

I PMed erupt just as the community was directed, but have yet to hear back from him.

I'll be upset if I can't enter my drawing due to some technical problem like this.

Sharkyland
Jan 17, 2004, 03:10 AM
I haven't seen a moderator post in here for a while... they must be busy.

Butoden
Jan 17, 2004, 02:55 PM
On 2004-01-17 00:10, Sharkyland wrote:
I haven't seen a moderator post in here for a while... they must be busy.

Uhuh, this weekend is the Famitsu Cup http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Be patient with the mods, there's probably more than 50 people who send in T-W-O of their works, and the moderator(s) are probably very very busy with it!
So busy they don't have time to post or update the website!!

AkaiMusha
Jan 17, 2004, 04:52 PM
Wasn't voting supposed 2 have started 4 stickman assault?

Ryusei
Jan 18, 2004, 11:16 PM
...whens the votin gonna start..? and are only the psow members allowed 2 vote?

reallygayguy
Jan 19, 2004, 09:14 AM
Hey, first time i posted on a Forum hehe....

When's the voting start? The comp has ended a few days ago, I wanna see if my pants effort is there for voting!

Sharkyland
Jan 19, 2004, 08:22 PM
I'm just remembering this now.

I'm pretty sure they'll announce when the voting starts. The last contest that I entered was the fanfiction contest, the voting didn't start like two weeks after everything was finished. If it's over two weeks, then I should start worrying.

tai_EX
Jan 20, 2004, 12:02 AM
i dont know much about stick-men drawings... but i guess i could give it a shot!

eNvious
Jan 20, 2004, 03:42 PM
hehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif stickman-drawings rocks... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sharkyland
Jan 20, 2004, 04:50 PM
Usually they don't accept anything after the deadline... usually it takes a while to set these types of things up.