PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hunted/found the Invisible Guard?

Xeno_M
Dec 26, 2003, 01:48 PM
Wondering if anyone wanted a Safety Heart badly enough to go back to Normal mode and hunt this thing... And how long it took you to find one if you did.

Genoa
Dec 27, 2003, 12:11 AM
I gave up after I actually gained a level. (lvl. 102-103 with RAmarl)

VulpesMundi
Dec 27, 2003, 12:52 AM
According to the Sakaki drop chart (assuming it's correct), the Invisible Barrier (only found on Normal) has a lower basic drop rate (0.0335693359375%) than any of the armor and shields found in Ultimate (0.09765625%). That's extremely rediculous for a particularly weak shield that requires a minimum of 46 PDs to make a shield that is mediocre at best. The Safety Heart's true power doesn't show unless you're constantly standing next to a male character. Another female-only shield that's actually easier to find and is roughly the same stats is Rico's Earring (currently only available from Ult Whitill Dark Bringer). It does have a slightly higher level requirement, though.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=63 (Invisible Barrier)

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=613 (Safety Heart)

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=560 (Rico's Earring)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-12-26 21:54 ]</font>

Soukosa
Dec 27, 2003, 01:30 AM
On 2003-12-26 21:52, VulpesMundi wrote:
The Safety Heart's true power doesn't show unless you're constantly standing next to a male character.

Standing next to a male character with a Safety Heart on does absolutely nothing. The SH is my FOmarl's main shield and I've stood next to a male many times and it does nothing special at all. Are you confusing it with the Love Heart that does get a bonus (and make hearts appear) when you stand next to a male?

astuarlen
Dec 27, 2003, 01:46 AM
Ach, those odds are terrible! ;_; I guess I probably will never seriously go looking for one. Not that "mediocre" stats bother me; I only want Safety Heart because it looks so cool. ^o^ Looks>Stats http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

VulpesMundi
Dec 27, 2003, 02:42 AM
On 2003-12-26 22:30, Sounomi wrote:
Are you confusing it with the Love Heart that does get a bonus (and make hearts appear) when you stand next to a male?

I thought they both gave that bonus. Guess I misheard. My bad.

Deus-Irae
Dec 27, 2003, 04:44 AM
hm i didnt realize the rarity of that shield.

i actually found one way back when... not sure if i still have it or not. i didnt realize it was a combination item at the time.

i hate going back to lower difficulties to hunt armor/shields. its such a pain! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xeno_M
Dec 27, 2003, 01:55 PM
Meh i still want one... I guess i'll have to get lucky with one of my new characters... I dont think im gonna actually go hunting for it, unless i get really bored.

Eeyore
Dec 27, 2003, 02:46 PM
It's not that bad. Safety heart, rico's earrings and tripolic shield are the three choices for a force. All three have about the same DFP. Actually I think the Rico's earring is the worse shield of the three since it only has 15 to resistances.

Skorpius
Dec 27, 2003, 03:33 PM
Safety Heart is the best shield released at the moment (red ring is a fake). its evp and dfp bouses are near equal to ricos earrings, and its resists are highest of any other shield. too bad its only for female characters =P
i found the topics subject, by accident...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2003-12-27 12:33 ]</font>

Myopathy
Dec 27, 2003, 04:17 PM
On 2003-12-27 12:33, Skorpius wrote:
Safety Heart is the best shield released at the moment (red ring is a fake). its evp and dfp bouses are near equal to ricos earrings, and its resists are highest of any other shield. too bad its only for female characters =P
i found the topics subject, by accident...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2003-12-27 12:33 ]</font>

Well if we're looking at it that way, than the Kasami Bracer would be superior than the Safety Heart. There's nearly no difference in the EVP and DFP between the two, the Bracer has more resistance, and it adds to your ATP.

heyf00L
Dec 27, 2003, 07:08 PM
Yeah, for Hunters Kasami Bracer is the way to go. 28 to Fire, Lighting, and Ice resistance is pretty nice.

I've never really tested it, but does higher elemental resistance prevent you from being frozen/shocked or does it just make it do less damage?

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 27, 2003, 07:22 PM
On 2003-12-27 16:08, heyf00L wrote:
Yeah, for Hunters Kasami Bracer is the way to go. 28 to Fire, Lighting, and Ice resistance is pretty nice.

I've never really tested it, but does higher elemental resistance prevent you from being frozen/shocked or does it just make it do less damage?

Yeah, higher ETH/EIC -> less chance of Shock/Freeze

heyf00L
Dec 27, 2003, 07:28 PM
Nice. Still with 28 Ice resistance those stupid Sinows/Deldepths/anything that does Rabarta freezes me all the time.

purhaze
Dec 27, 2003, 11:59 PM
It took me 9 weeks and i was about to give up when i found it, i didn't start hunting for it till lv 122 with my FOmarl did nothing bout ruins normal runs taken a break every once in awhile to do a quest with some friends online.

Xeno_M
Dec 28, 2003, 12:08 AM
Ack! Well i have two new chars to level... I figure i'll just do normal ruins runs with them until i hit level 30ish. If i haven't found one with either of them ill just say screw it... Maybe try to trade for one.