PDA

View Full Version : How are the japanese players in this game?

Cbot
Dec 26, 2003, 08:21 PM
Friendly or non friendly?

Toruxxx
Dec 26, 2003, 08:39 PM
i would say most of em are friendly but like every other countries u get a bad person now and then.

Bill
Dec 26, 2003, 10:30 PM
But there mostly good people. And most of them are legit

Fredrick
Dec 26, 2003, 11:34 PM
Most of them are legit but they hate US people wiht a pasion. There is this one really smart JP I play with and she said I was the first non duper from america she had ever seen. So these people see us only as dupers and almost all of them hate duping. If you ever play with them there aare some thing you need to know

1) the items dropped all over pionner 2 are not for the taking. Any mat/ rare you find gose on the floor. This way at the end you all share and you can get what you want.

2)Dont ever go ahead....if someone is at the ship or just came in you stop in your tracks. You always always wait for people.

3)Its also polite if you say "Nice playing with you everybody" after each boss. (This dose not mean they are leaving)

4)Also one thing your prolly not use to is whenever anyone dose anything for you at all you say thank you. Each time they cast resta or give you s&d. They say thank you for everything and if you dont as well they will look at you badly.

ToshiBW
Dec 27, 2003, 12:00 AM
hm, JP players sound like fun, I suppose I'll check those servers out sometime. BTW, this is my first post on PSOW, so hi!

*edit by Abdur*
Please don't use "JAP", it's offensive slang.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-12-26 21:19 ]</font>

TerraStriker
Dec 27, 2003, 12:03 AM
Yeah that is right on the head. I play with a couple of JP and they are really cool and fun to play with. They are insanely polite and you should be too. And one thing failed to mention about JP is they LOVE to do C-Mode. So if you looking to get to BU-EI I say browse the JP ships because most likely there is the challenge you are looking for....So uhhh yeah...

*edit by Abdur*
Please do not use "Jap", it's offensive slang.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-12-26 21:20 ]</font>

shinto_kuji
Dec 27, 2003, 01:08 AM
hey tashi, i live in houston too^-^ but yes, jp players tend to be nice, but everyone has a couple of morons thrown in. the reason jp as a whole are more mannered is because they are raised and taught very well.

Guile
Dec 27, 2003, 01:13 AM
Since I don't understand a word they have to say, I would'nt know.

_tsunami
Dec 27, 2003, 02:25 AM
Wow im surprised there are some people here who has made friends with JP and played with them.
I've also done the same with JPs and its sad when some F or E person jumps in and steals all the red boxes in P2 and leaves.. its happened to my JP friends twice & i was with them too but could do little to stop the thief cause when i asked him to drop it back he ran away http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.

What was worst is trying to explain to the JP that i have tried to stop him and that telling them not all gaijin (non JPs) are like that.
I do speak simple japanese except reading kanjis but its still hard for me because i still don't have a keyboard http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

LCF
Dec 27, 2003, 03:12 AM
Funny how most ppl look at jp players
like they just appeared outta nowhere
I've been playing with jp players since
the early DC days back on ver.1 on too
ver.2 and now here on GC.Sad to say I
prefer playing with the Japanese then my
own U.S players,for the Japanese know how
to work as a unit which make it a more fun
exp.its not about the one,but watching your
teammates back.But I'm not going to go on
with other pointers(for there is alot of them)
Also like to state that their english is way
better then most I seen on the PSO servers
i.e lazy man's english =P

+Happy Holidays+

Dhylec
Dec 27, 2003, 03:19 PM
i wanna play w/jp players to see how is it there
if it wasn't for the language barrier, i'll be playing on jp ships very often http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

satoshi1
Dec 27, 2003, 07:40 PM
On 2003-12-27 12:19, Dhylec wrote:
i wanna play w/jp players to see how is it there
if it wasn't for the language barrier, i'll be playing on jp ships very often http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That's what Word Select's for http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I should check out the JP servers once in a while, it'd be pretty interesting to see how they work together and such, many US players could learn from them...

Dhylec
Dec 27, 2003, 09:04 PM
On 2003-12-27 16:40, satoshi1 wrote:
That's what Word Select's for http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
while it does provide a certain level of communication, WS doesn't have enough options to 'chat' more freely..
i've tried using it before, but the conversation didn't go well
my chat just died out as i ran out of options in WS to continue.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
felt kind of awkward too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2003-12-27 18:06 ]</font>

Maverynthia
Dec 27, 2003, 09:20 PM

Bedcause they know how to actually speak English..which is sad to say that most 'E' PSO players I've seen DON'T!!

Thus the, I speak another language excuse is BS in my opinion as the foreign people I've seen do not use 'u' '2' 'ur' 'dun' 'wat' 'no' (as know). But speak 'you' 'to,two,too' 'your,you're' 'don't, doesn't' 'what' 'know'. There might be words missing here and there but all the words are correct...

They even apologize if they might have misspelled anything...
Thus I like playing on the JP servers because if they are using English, THEY ARE USING ENGLISH and not some strange language manged with lowercases and numbers as words... I hate playing with people that talk like this 'u no Pyro'
(u 'letter' negative Pyro) = What??
(end rant)

Also most Japanese gamers I hear are of the older crowd since mommy and daddy don't often pay for their HL, they have to go out and get money and credit to do it themselves, THUS they aren't the 13 year old babies whining about how they dupe and cheat and have all the offensive symbol chat...
They are of the 18+ variety...however there are a few bad apples...

It would be nice if a few of us would form a LEGIT legit team and behave like they do...not only not cheating, but acting mature, sharing rares and speaking like an adult................
(end second rant)

Myopathy
Dec 28, 2003, 01:32 AM
On 2003-12-27 18:20, Maverynthia wrote:

Bedcause they know how to actually speak English..which is sad to say that most 'E' PSO players I've seen DON'T!!

Thus the, I speak another language excuse is BS in my opinion as the foreign people I've seen do not use 'u' '2' 'ur' 'dun' 'wat' 'no' (as know). But speak 'you' 'to,two,too' 'your,you're' 'don't, doesn't' 'what' 'know'. There might be words missing here and there but all the words are correct...

They even apologize if they might have misspelled anything...
Thus I like playing on the JP servers because if they are using English, THEY ARE USING ENGLISH and not some strange language manged with lowercases and numbers as words... I hate playing with people that talk like this 'u no Pyro'
(u 'letter' negative Pyro) = What??
(end rant)

Also most Japanese gamers I hear are of the older crowd since mommy and daddy don't often pay for their HL, they have to go out and get money and credit to do it themselves, THUS they aren't the 13 year old babies whining about how they dupe and cheat and have all the offensive symbol chat...
They are of the 18+ variety...however there are a few bad apples...

It would be nice if a few of us would form a LEGIT legit team and behave like they do...not only not cheating, but acting mature, sharing rares and speaking like an adult................
(end second rant)

I'm somewhat offended by that post. I use 'u' for 'you' and 'ur' for 'your' while I'm chatting on PSO. It doesn't mean I don't know how to speak English correctly. It's something called efficiency. Who has time to be typing out every little word, punctuation, and capitalization while your in Ruins trying to avoid Chaos Bringer shots. Also, with the fact that you can only type so many characters per message, gives even more reason for the abbreviated version. Also if you have a Datel KB, it's even more annoying because it is just a regular keyboard...which means all the symbols are labeled incorrectly. The ubiquitous nature of that way of chatting is due to it being nothing more than the standard way of talking online. I think that form of speaking reflects more on a person's familiarity(or exposure) with the internet than on their vocabulary. Now I guess if their sentence syntax and grammar is messed up, that's another story.

_tsunami
Dec 28, 2003, 02:22 AM
hmm i have JP friends on pso online that are mostly 21 yrs and up. Yes alot of the JP players are more mature in age than US/EU who i find most are just aged 13! also they are the rudest.

Maverynthia
Dec 28, 2003, 02:28 AM
Also if you have a Datel KB, it's even more annoying because it is just a regular keyboard...which means all the symbols are labeled incorrectly.

No..you really are not speaking correctly...
I type just fine on my Datel Keyboard and I type out every word because I am learned and I want people to know I went to school...

I did EN4 with a bunch of Chaos Bringers and the beauty of it was everyone knew what they were doing and all responses were on the shortcut key... If you have to type in the middle of being mauled then either YOU or your TEAM has no clue what it's doing...

The Japanese know this well...FOrces heal, HUnters fight and RAngers are at a distance sniping. If the Hunters are Sniping and the Rangers are Healing and the Forces are fighting...time to re-evaluate...

anwserman
Dec 28, 2003, 02:35 AM
Hmmm...

I'd love to get my GC online just to recreate my melee Force (FOnewearl) and see how the people on JP ships react if they go strictly by how the character classes are supposed to act. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Myopathy
Dec 28, 2003, 03:23 AM
On 2003-12-27 23:28, Maverynthia wrote:
No..you really are not speaking correctly...

I never said using 'u' and 'ur' was speaking correctly. I'm saying it doesn't reflect on how well someone knows English. Just because you use 'you' instead of 'u' online DOES NOT mean you know your English any better.

I type just fine on my Datel Keyboard and I type out every word because I am learned and I want people to know I went to school...

...and am not efficient

I did EN4 with a bunch of Chaos Bringers and the beauty of it was everyone knew what they were doing and all responses were on the shortcut key... If you have to type in the middle of being mauled then either YOU or your TEAM has no clue what it's doing...

I guess if I was talking about responding, you'd have a case there. But no, I said chatting. If you're one of those players who are all business while playing PSO online, you are no fun at all. The only reason I play PSO online is because the human interaction makes it interesting. It makes me forget the fact I've gone through this exact same spot, killed this exact same monster, with this same exact weapon 100 times already.

The Japanese know this well...FOrces heal, HUnters fight and RAngers are at a distance sniping. If the Hunters are Sniping and the Rangers are Healing and the Forces are fighting...time to re-evaluate...

Ever tried playing a FO as a HU in CMode? It's fun. Change is the spice of life my friend.

And let me draw your attention to why your initial post set me off. Basically, it's your logic. You are saying that because someone types 'u' instead of 'you,' they are not "learned," as you would call it. Uh...so does that mean if I go online and start typing every word out, I can be as smart as you? And this is without changing anything about me except the way I type? Lol...you think about that dear...

[EDIT] Adding this so this thread won't get anymore off topic. I am not saying your Japanese friends don't know English well. In fact, I know many asians in real life who have recently immigrated to the US and their English is surprisingly polished. All I'm saying is your method of measuring linguistic competence is completely inaccurate in many cases and is an unfair judgment. I'm also not doubting your judgment. Maybe most US players DON'T know English...but your way of determining who does and doesn't is incorrect in its reasoning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2003-12-28 00:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2003-12-28 00:33 ]</font>

Reiya
Dec 28, 2003, 11:31 AM
its called abbreviation, whats the point typing out a whole sentence in full english when you can just type shorter words ie 'u' instead of 'you' etc.....

it doesn't make you more intelligent, if u ask me.... it makes u kinda stupid. Typing out shorter words makes u more 'effecient'.

LCF
Dec 28, 2003, 03:18 PM
Ahh...This is why we can't grow as
a race ^-^. And for you racists out
there I mean the human race.

+Happy Holidays+

_Sinue_
Dec 28, 2003, 04:05 PM
I'd love to get my GC online just to recreate my melee Force (FOnewearl) and see how the people on JP ships react if they go strictly by how the character classes are supposed to act. - answerman

Provided you are courteous to them, are a competant player, support your team, don't spam, and don't item hog - they'll respond fairly well. I've never been in a JP team that had a problem with my FOnewearl anyhow. I think I even impressed a few of them.. but I'm not sure, I could understand what they were saying. I jus know the short lil HUcaseal in the room was running circles around me everytime we stopped.

ilr2000
Dec 28, 2003, 05:50 PM
On 2003-12-26 20:34, Fredrick wrote:
4)Also one thing your prolly not use to is whenever anyone dose anything for you at all you say thank you. Each time they cast resta or give you s&d. They say thank you for everything and if you dont as well they will look at you badly.

That's a bit steep. I'll oblige anyone who heals me when I'm in a pinch, but when things pick up I'm not going to hesitate my attack just to thank them. Slowing down my attack defeats the purpose of a force giving resta coverage. I hope they don't expect forces to thank hunters every time they kill a monster.

Myopathy
Dec 28, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-12-28 14:50, ilr2000 wrote:

That's a bit steep. I'll oblige anyone who heals me when I'm in a pinch, but when things pick up I'm not going to hesitate my attack just to thank them. Slowing down my attack defeats the purpose of a force giving resta coverage. I hope they don't expect forces to thank hunters every time they kill a monster.

It's a lot easier if you have an appreciative comment as a shortcut. I normally say thanks whenever I get anything (as long as I notice it). With the comment on a shortcut, I can say "Thanks!" in the middle of a combo. This way I don't have to type it out or anything. But yeah, if I get resta-ed when I'm only missing 20 or so HP, I normally won't say thanks because that resta was more than likely meant for someone else, and I just got a piece of it.

Mindcooler
Dec 29, 2003, 11:38 AM
Playing on JP ships?

Err.. I don't think I have played a single game elsewhere.

ILLI
Dec 29, 2003, 04:16 PM
whatever you do... do not use a jsword in a jpn room.. it makes them extremely mad and they up and leave.. lol

also..
You may ask for items left on the floor.. but it is more polite to just stand around and chat.. usually the last person to leave the room gets the items.. hence the reason why lots of jpn players have soo many hours.. a lot of the time after a ruins run they will put the items on the floor, and just stand for 2 hours chatting.. its kinda like they are waiting each other out for the rares,mats,etc.. i have found the jpn games intresting because of this..

also.. u have to keep in mind most US players are looked down upon.. if you do venture to a jpn ship to play, whatever you do be polite.. dont use some uber rare weapon you got from vega.. try out those 40 hit vulcans if you dont have anything non duped.. or display your found weapon proudly if its legit..

last thing that really is disturbing because i see it so often... DO NOT USE THE WORD JAP.. i figured this would be common knowledge but its not.. i dont know how many times i have cmoded in alcyone 6 to see some dumbazz running around saying "jap".. im usually the first to make a comment.. If you ever see someone usuing this term let them know it might be the shortest way to type Japan, but its also the rudest thing you can say..

one more thing
always use the word select "shall i join you" when you come into the room... its easier to get a yes or no asnwer right up front then to get all the way to the bank and have to leave.. lol

Myopathy
Dec 29, 2003, 08:50 PM
Played on the Japanese servers today. Found it to be pretty fun. Most of them are VERY courteous, some of which won't even leave to the next room until everyone is gathered. However, I know NO Japanese and am very sluggish with my Word Select (seeing as how I never use it on US servers). And the fact the Word Select options keep on changing. I finally got stuff like "Thank You" and "My Pleasure" on my shortcuts, but I pretty much didn't say anything else other than that.

Also I was wondering, when they drop rares (as in rare weapons), they never tech them beforehand. I'm just wondering how I can tell what weapon it is if it's not tekked?

[EDIT] Also, isn't "jap" censored out already?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2003-12-29 17:51 ]</font>

Solstis
Dec 29, 2003, 08:59 PM
Kinda reminds me how Starcraft used to be. A lot of US players hated having Korean players in their games, either b/c they were better, or Korean comes out all funky on our computers, but there was a wee bit of antagonism there.

Sorta like JP players having a thing against US players.

A2K
Dec 29, 2003, 09:08 PM

w

Myopathy
Dec 29, 2003, 09:11 PM
On 2003-12-29 18:08, A2K wrote:

w

w

Cengah
Dec 30, 2003, 01:37 AM
For the whole thing about being polite and fully writing out your words.

Well it's called common courtesy.

Being Japanese doesn't make it any different, I was just brought up to say thank you after someone revive's me from being double blasted by megid.

Anyway we don't hate american's and think they are all impolite hackers/duper's...
We just think most of them are... me being born and raised in america myself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ElizaBluefull
Dec 30, 2003, 06:15 PM
I prefer japanese ships more than the US ships, but I do feel awkward when I am on there. Most of the time I end up doing fine, but none of them have ever spoken english to me. The uberpoliteness, yes I do that for sure. As an american player who most likely will be looked down upon by my foreign counterparts, I go in there feeling like there is something to prove as a support FO. I actually play better there because I feel I have to do my best instead of going on auto-pilot. But thanks for telling me about the items on the ground thingy. I saw an HP mat, asked if I could have it (in english), and a bunch of them laughed. But when I took it, they got a little mad, so I dropped it. Also, if you are a FO doing CCA or seabed, dont megid everything unless you see others doing it. They got very mad at me when everything died before they could tag it. And yes, I do use a legit pwand, I just feel awkward using it in there, so I use my caduceus instead on JP ships.

Maverynthia
Dec 30, 2003, 10:50 PM

That's another thing I didn't say, Japan players don't understand what is being said if you are using 'u' and numbers for words.

I have heard however that JP players WILL help out on C-mode a lot more...I guess because you don't keep the items and not a lot needs to be said other that GO GO GO!!! and I'll get the Switch... Some even had cute icons of it...

I've never played much in an actual game..I remember on the DC I got kicked out of a lot of them...
However the ones I DID join were fun and enjoyable and un-noobish.

Drayma
Dec 31, 2003, 04:51 PM
I've had a Japanese friend in PSO but the DC servers for the U.S. were shut down and I'm sticking with DC PSO till my DC dies. If you see a Japanese player named Meave on GC PSO be real nice to her.

MagnumOpus
Dec 31, 2003, 08:08 PM
I love playing on the Japanese ships...I started inhabiting Japanese Ragol Airspace a couple of months ago and I have not looked back to the corrupted/polluted/pornographic/cheat infested crap that the US ships represent....

Playing on the Japanese ships depicts what PSO is supposed to be...a fun, enjoyable experience shared with others across the globe...

The last couple of months that I have been playing pso have been the best...the Japanese players are courteous, extremely efficient players, fun, and LEGIT...

It is a great time, if someone leaves Ragol and goes back to the city, the team waits, rares are shared and distributed evenly, the team advances through each room as a TEAM and not some hacked up uber killer taking away all the experience points

And I was blown away, during one game that I joined, the players were so nice, that there shortcut keys (thank you, no problem, lol, your welcome, ect) were written in Japanese of course, but had the english translation in parantheses....very cool...

so you pick up a bit of Japanese while your hunting....and after a while I became very proficient using the predetermined word select, although the length of conversation is short and can go only so far using it, it manages well enough...

Peace love and hair grease....

DAXX
Dec 31, 2003, 08:32 PM
what ships do the jp play on? I would'nt mind meeting a few (I love the japanese, and they're language)

DAXX
Dec 31, 2003, 08:34 PM
oh or is it not for Xbox?

Myopathy
Dec 31, 2003, 11:02 PM
I spent the last couple of days playing almost entirely on the Japanese servers. I found them to be very courteous to me right from the beginning. It seems to me like everything is not so rushed when I'm playing with them. In most of the games I played, they wait for everyone to gather before they move into the next room, which I thought was pretty cool. The only problem is I don't speak a single word of Japanese so communication is somewhat a problem. Also, I'm only beginning to become familiar with Word Select. Basically, when I play, I don't talk much except for the few phrases like "Thank You" and such I have as shortcuts. However, I've found that there's normally at least one person who can speak enough English to understand what I'm saying. As long as I type everything out, of course. I've also found their whole sharing of rares and mats to be interesting. Very altruistic in nature. Because I didn't want to seem like a "materialistic American" (hehe), I've never actually asked for any of the rares that we've gotten in all my games. The only thing I've asked for so far was a Gifoie Lvl 20 disk. I almost feel like they get more rares on the Japanese servers, because you can go into a room and there's already 4-5 rares on the ground. I hardly find that many rares on any of my runs, and if I do, I consider it to be pretty lucky. Today, for example, ONE Heat Sword quest yielded an Angry Fist, Meteor Crush, Guilty Light, and a Red Scorpio from a Pal Rappy. Pretty nice for one run...

DAXX
Jan 1, 2004, 12:10 AM
so are there japanese servers on the Xbox?

Drayma
Jan 1, 2004, 09:43 AM
On 2003-12-31 21:10, DAXX wrote:

No just the Gamecube and Dreamcast (but US DC servers are gone forever).

Mindcooler
Jan 1, 2004, 12:43 PM
I've had a Japanese friend in PSO but the DC servers for the U.S. were shut down and I'm sticking with DC PSO till my DC dies. If you see a Japanese player named Meave on GC PSO be real nice to her.

I'm still on DC and she is one of my "shiriai"s.

_tsunami
Jan 2, 2004, 10:16 PM
On 2003-12-30 19:50, Maverynthia wrote:

That's another thing I didn't say, Japan players don't understand what is being said if you are using 'u' and numbers for words.

I have heard however that JP players WILL help out on C-mode a lot more...I guess because you don't keep the items and not a lot needs to be said other that GO GO GO!!! and I'll get the Switch... Some even had cute icons of it...

I've never played much in an actual game..I remember on the DC I got kicked out of a lot of them...
However the ones I DID join were fun and enjoyable and un-noobish.

JP have their own not fully written out words one of them is "w" which is equivalent to our "lol"

Since w stands for warai in japanese which means laugh.

Maverynthia
Jan 2, 2004, 10:44 PM
JP have their own not fully written out words one of them is "w" which is equivalent to our "lol"

Since w stands for warai in japanese which means laugh.

That's just lol...it does annoy me when they use the 'w' thing a lot..I feel like I'm with the people who use 'lol' a lot and not much else...
Have you seen any Japanese however that use hackneyed grammer... I know that a form of it exists in Japan, but how many use it in PSO??

(I myself am going to call it n00btalking, since it seems the people who dupe, hack and annoy use it..)
------

On another note I really think that Sega needed to add a KICK option for the leader of a team..I saw a moron on a JP ship (The Unofficial Official PSOW block Aldebaran) and I asked him to Leave..and of course he didn't....(not only was he n00btalking, he obviously was using hacked items/MAG and a duper..)

I'm hoping to play with some Japanese people however to have a more enjoyable time...seeing as how Americans and other English speakers seem to ruin it for everyone....
I want to have fun playing PSO, not a headache of creating a game and having to leave it because n00b1001 shows up and acts like an ass....

So, JP servers all the way...

_tsunami
Jan 3, 2004, 01:15 AM
I don't mind playing with some of you legits on the JP ships since i kinda have the combined ability to talk to both sides.
Other than the usual w they also say ariari (thanks thanks), fufufu (laughing sound), yoro~ (nice to meet you).

The last game i had with a group of JP friends and 1 unknown American. We did the dropping rares thing to share and he just picked it all up! (this has happened like 934584987548975 times) and the jp ask.. any rare to share to him and of course his answer was "??". Then the jp said "I guess all US kinds are the same" and the other JP " yeh seems so" but i tried to explain to them that not all E players are like that even though the same things keep happening been - US taking advantage over JP's generousity-
then i went to explain to the american in english how JP play and what they said.. he seemed to be unhappy and didn't reply to me and then.. just left (taking the JP rares with him).

Now i really would like to let all E players know that when joining a JP game please don't just pick up the rares in pioneer 2 that are dropped. (its not for you!) its to be shared with the players fairly. I wish psow would notify this rule on the mainpage somewhere. cause this issue is polluting the US/EU reputation invading the JP ships.

Myopathy
Jan 3, 2004, 01:21 AM
On 2004-01-02 22:15, _tsunami wrote:

Other than the usual w they also say ariari (thanks thanks), fufufu (laughing sound), yoro~ (nice to meet you).

Hehe, I guess if they wrote it like that, I'd be able to learn it faster. But seeing as how they write it out calligraphy style...I am forever doomed to use Word Select (which, needless to say, has its limitations). *sigh*

IoriYagami_n8
Jan 4, 2004, 06:10 AM
Most the time, I don't mind Japanese players. I run in to more "only" games then on any other servers though. I can run into the EU server and join an all french or spanish team without much trouble. And I have yet to see any game on the US servers exclude a language group.

What really gets me are the EU and US people that seem to think that Japanese players are better then other players, because they aren't. I might be ranting some here, but I've just spent the last five hours trying to find a freaking C8 game so that I could get this stuff over with and start doing my TA runs. I even made a few and sat in them for half an hour or so. I had one Japanese person join up. This last time I made one I was the only C8 game. Another FO made a different one, a Japanese FO player. I'm fine with that, I prefer never to have two FOs in a cmode game. But what gets me annoyed is seeing that it's the Japanese FO game that gets the players. I'm not talking about Japanese players either. We both have two C8 games, both FOmar, and the only difference is the E and J by our names. I get tired of waiting, exit and check games. Three english players joined up with the Japanese FO player. I was so annoyed that I waited around for them and asked why they didn't join my game. They told me Japanese players are better. Maybe I'm a bit arrogant, but I have yet to meet ANY FO that could out play me. I've meet some that play just as well, but I have NEVER seen a FO that simply outclassed me. People like that are what piss me off about playing on Japan servers. Not the Japanese, the dumb people that think everything is better when it's Japanese. Half of these idiots don't know anything about Japan aside from what they watch in cartoons. I'll be glad when I get this this crap out of the way again, I had forgot what a pain it was to find a game since I hadn't done cmode lately because I corrupted way back.

MOTOROLA
Jan 4, 2004, 05:36 PM

1) the items dropped all over pionner 2 are not for the taking. Any mat/ rare you find gose on the floor. This way at the end you all share and you can get what you want.

That is actually a game some of them play (I've done this with them before, so it's obviously not something they ALL do). BASICLY, they drop meseta in groups of 1 or 2 and the odd man out gets the item. And Yeah, usually they will leave a lot of unwanted items on the ground after the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MOTOROLA on 2004-01-04 14:37 ]</font>

MOTOROLA
Jan 4, 2004, 06:03 PM
On 2004-01-04 03:10, IoriYagami_n8 wrote:
Most the time, I don't mind Japanese players. I run in to more "only" games then on any other servers though. I can run into the EU server and join an all french or spanish team without much trouble.

We have brought that upon ourselves. Many US players raid Japanese ships of their items on the floor during a game. I, myself, even used to do this.

The Japanese are making those "only" games for their own protection. I mean, how are they supposed to know if your going to take their items or not, it's probably only happened to them countless times by US and EU players alike, mabye even by fellow Japanese players. I greatly doubt that the majority of those games you saw were racism, only self-defence.

And I have yet to see any game on the US servers exclude a language group.

I have been called the alternative of JP as an insult many times in the US ships. There's racism everywhere, JP, EU, US, you name it.

At least you can choose weather or not to join the games that say "JP only" on the Japanese Servers, but it's a little more difficult to completely avoid Bruce Lee and the like on their random outings of racism.

Myopathy
Jan 4, 2004, 07:47 PM
On 2004-01-04 03:10, IoriYagami_n8 wrote:
Most the time, I don't mind Japanese players. I run in to more "only" games then on any other servers though. I can run into the EU server and join an all french or spanish team without much trouble. And I have yet to see any game on the US servers exclude a language group.

What really gets me are the EU and US people that seem to think that Japanese players are better then other players, because they aren't. I might be ranting some here, but I've just spent the last five hours trying to find a freaking C8 game so that I could get this stuff over with and start doing my TA runs. I even made a few and sat in them for half an hour or so. I had one Japanese person join up. This last time I made one I was the only C8 game. Another FO made a different one, a Japanese FO player. I'm fine with that, I prefer never to have two FOs in a cmode game. But what gets me annoyed is seeing that it's the Japanese FO game that gets the players. I'm not talking about Japanese players either. We both have two C8 games, both FOmar, and the only difference is the E and J by our names. I get tired of waiting, exit and check games. Three english players joined up with the Japanese FO player. I was so annoyed that I waited around for them and asked why they didn't join my game. They told me Japanese players are better. Maybe I'm a bit arrogant, but I have yet to meet ANY FO that could out play me. I've meet some that play just as well, but I have NEVER seen a FO that simply outclassed me. People like that are what piss me off about playing on Japan servers. Not the Japanese, the dumb people that think everything is better when it's Japanese. Half of these idiots don't know anything about Japan aside from what they watch in cartoons. I'll be glad when I get this this crap out of the way again, I had forgot what a pain it was to find a game since I hadn't done cmode lately because I corrupted way back.

First of all when they say, Japanese players are better. They don't mean Japanese players are better than YOU. They are making a generalization, and one that can be backed up if you just go to any JP server and look at how many have a title over they heads. For the most part, more JP players play Cmode than US players. If you go to a US lobby, more than likely you won't find more than one or two chars with a title over their heads. Again, all this is generalization, so you shouldn't take it personally. When I go to the JP ships to play CMode I normally just join one that is not full. If there isn't one for the new stage I want to do, there's always one for an old one. I never mind playing old ones since I can always try to improve my time.

_tsunami
Jan 4, 2004, 11:57 PM
i have never seen any JP player boasting that they are better than anyone. And i wouldn't say the items the JP share in pioneer 2 are always unwanted last night they shared a dragons claw. The JPs were hesitant to take it and there was another US player along with us. he seemed to know the share thing and ask kinda if he could take it since hes never had one. The 2 JPs kindly gave it to him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Also if your playing in ULT all the drops are usually unwanted... since the wanted stuff have this insane chance of appearing anyway.

IoriYagami_n8
Jan 5, 2004, 02:06 AM
We have brought that upon ourselves. Many US players raid Japanese ships of their items on the floor during a game. I, myself, even used to do this.

The Japanese are making those "only" games for their own protection. I mean, how are they supposed to know if your going to take their items or not, it's probably only happened to them countless times by US and EU players alike, mabye even by fellow Japanese players. I greatly doubt that the majority of those games you saw were racism, only self-defence.Not quite. If a game says Japan only that isn't going to stop another player from entering if all he wants to do is take the items and leave. What it will stop from entering is people that are just looking to play. It could be argued one of three ways. They are assuming a foriegn player will used hacked items and don't want to play with them. They don't want to have to trouble with communication problems, or they simply don't like forgieners. Either one can be argued, and I'm sure either one of the three is the case for any number of times. Of course, also keep in mind that I never said you didn't see racism elsewhere, nor did I say that seeing JP only games meant the players inside where racist. I know quite a bit of Japanese, but not enough that I would set my language to it to fool people. Instead I just have various phrases keylocked. One saying that I'm american, is it okay if I play? More often then not, people are fine with it. Your trying to jump on my case about things I never said.

First of all when they say, Japanese players are better. They don't mean Japanese players are better than YOU. They are making a generalization, and one that can be backed up if you just go to any JP server and look at how many have a title over they heads. For the most part, more JP players play Cmode than US players. If you go to a US lobby, more than likely you won't find more than one or two chars with a title over their heads. Again, all this is generalization, so you shouldn't take it personally. When I go to the JP ships to play CMode I normally just join one that is not full. If there isn't one for the new stage I want to do, there's always one for an old one. I never mind playing old ones since I can always try to improve my time. That's simply wrong. No person could back up any generalization that Japanese players are better at C Mode. But you do go on to say after that something that can be backed up, which is that more Japanese player play C Mode. When I hop around none JP ships I rarely even see anyone that has played C Mode. But most the time when I do, they are almost always already Bu-EI in rank. Sometimes I see Ra-GOU players and chat with them about it, but for the most part they played to see what it was, and didn't care for it. More does not always mean better. I've only played with a truely bad C Mode player once or twice.

shinto_kuji
Jan 5, 2004, 03:20 AM
a couple of points. the game they play to determine who gets an item (outside of just sharing) is called yanken (if i remember right). each player drops meseta in a 1, 2, or 3 amount. it basically boils down to rock, paper, scissors. now, jp players have a right to think that most US people are... well how they are. the general US populus has done little to zilch in the way of showing that we are good mannered. theres a word for people who go into a game and dont share or they pick up all items. its called greed. its simple courtesy we're talking about and it should be applied at all times, not just when gaming with jp players. but then again, i was raised better then the good majority of people that tend to represent this country. why is it that our country tends to contain the most pure idiots? all i know is that the US has gone down the crapper in recent years... great country, we are not.

MOTOROLA
Jan 5, 2004, 09:26 PM
Not quite. If a game says Japan only that isn't going to stop another player from entering if all he wants to do is take the items and leave.

I Never said that it would. I did say, however, that was it's purpose. You are correct, words simply cannot stop them, but I never said they would.

What it will stop from entering is people that are just looking to play.

Yes but like I said again, we have brought that upon ourselves. You may have not been the one stealing and using hacks in their games, but it happened, nevertheless. And that is one reason they are the way they are.

It could be argued one of three ways. They are assuming a foriegn player will used hacked items and don't want to play with them.

I agree.

They don't want to have to trouble with communication problems

Again, I agree.

or they simply don't like forgieners.

That is possible also.

Either one can be argued, and I'm sure either one of the three is the case for any number of times.

It most likely is.

Of course, also keep in mind that I never said you didn't see racism elsewhere

And I have yet to see any game on the US servers exclude a language group.

Isn't excluding a language group (a.k.a. a country, a group of people the that speak the same language. I.E., the Japanese people speaking the Japanese Language) excluding a country?

Even if you ment literally a language group, you must consiter the fact that Japan's residents all most likely speak the same language, Japanese, and they are a language group.

You claim the US servers do not exclude any language groups (which is a form if racism, might I add). Since when has the United States not been included in the meaning of the word, "elsewhere"? It's a country just like any other country is one.

nor did I say that seeing JP only games meant the players inside where racist.

run in to more "only" games then on any other servers though. I can run into the EU server and join an all french or spanish team without much trouble. And I have yet to see any game on the US servers exclude a language group.

If this paragraph doesn't mean that you think Japanese Only games, or even hint at it, then I think you should better choose your words for no further confusions.

I know quite a bit of Japanese, but not enough that I would set my language to it to fool people. Instead I just have various phrases keylocked.
What does this have to do with anything I said? I never talked about language settings or shortcuts. You must be mistaken.

One saying that I'm american, is it okay if I play? More often then not, people are fine with it.

I do that too. Although I do not know what this has to do with what I said earlier, I agree.

Your trying to jump on my case about things I never said.

Apparently, you were too. If you would have more clearly stated your complaint, I would have been able to more accurately respond.

Cengah
Jan 6, 2004, 12:15 AM
On 2004-01-05 00:20, shinto_kuji wrote:
a couple of points. the game they play to determine who gets an item (outside of just sharing) is called yanken (if i remember right). each player drops meseta in a 1, 2, or 3 amount. it basically boils down to rock, paper, scissors. now, jp players have a right to think that most US people are... well how they are. the general US populus has done little to zilch in the way of showing that we are good mannered. theres a word for people who go into a game and dont share or they pick up all items. its called greed. its simple courtesy we're talking about and it should be applied at all times, not just when gaming with jp players. but then again, i was raised better then the good majority of people that tend to represent this country. why is it that our country tends to contain the most pure idiots? all i know is that the US has gone down the crapper in recent years... great country, we are not.

I completely agree with you.

Maverynthia
Jan 6, 2004, 03:34 PM
Japanese Only I heard usually means they are only going to be speaking Japanese and they don't want people who don't speak it to come in and assume that the japanese player MUST speak it to this random non-JP person...

Also I would say that Japanese player ARE better than everyone else as they don't hack as much as the rest of the people and therefore have to play the game! Thus they KNOW the game and the path to get there, rather than taking a shortcut by hacking...
Also the Challenge players that are BU-Ei have played the levels many times and know exactly what they are doing.
E players however want to talk more in C mode than play..and this is personal experience. I'd rather play with J players as they know what they are doing, don't talk as much and thus get the best time for Cmode..

JP players also know how to work as a team...not an individual...

MOTOROLA
Jan 6, 2004, 03:57 PM
On 2004-01-05 00:20, shinto_kuji wrote:

Good point. I guess here at L-PSO we should start calling the game by its propper name, yanken. From the Japanese games I've been in though, they played it as the odd-man-out (like in those dumb animes >.<).

Ranger_Larry
Jan 6, 2004, 05:28 PM
I can see the point. I was on antares yesterday. Just showed up in a lobby. People just jumped on the appearance of my RAmarl. Very rude. Also, I am a better "force" with my RAmarl than most "real forces" I have come across. (they walk into an area and decide to cast rafoie, then zalure, then jellen...., yeah in that order) Playing on JP ships seems appealing to me now......

_tsunami
Jan 6, 2004, 06:33 PM
I guess one reason the JP people don't hack is.. they don't know enough of the english language to hack lol
other then that they think its wrong to cheat.

Maverynthia
Jan 7, 2004, 07:33 PM
I guess one reason the JP people don't hack is.. they don't know enough of the english language to hack
lol lol lol, i r stoopid arrowgint racist!
Comment above.

*not amused*

English has nothing to do with hacking...Japan has some of the best programmers in the world...otherwise you wouldn't be playing this game...Thus knowing the program..it's easier to hack...

Maybe they also play fair because SEGA cared enough to make everyone do a disc trade and patch a few bugs...
Or that they ostrocize people for cheating and put there name on a huge sign and blacklist them...

shinto_kuji
Jan 8, 2004, 01:00 AM
JP players aren't better then any other player from any other country. It's that simple. Where you live doesn't apply to your skill level. Some of the best players I have ever met have been non-JP. Also, if you get good JP players, they know that there are good players from other countries. I remember being told by a JP friend of mine who I did cmode with for awhile that people who make JP only teams are noobs (yes, she said noobs). Either they want all JP so that they can be guided through the stage, or they are, well, noobs.

As for the JP and hacking... one of the first people to ever hack PSO was JP. Though, yet again, it boils down to what their morals are. They don't cheat in general because to them it is wrong (which isn't such a hard concept to grasp), and they choose to respect Sega/ST's wishes as far as the ToA go.

_tsunami
Jan 8, 2004, 03:07 AM
On 2004-01-07 16:33, Maverynthia wrote:

I guess one reason the JP people don't hack is.. they don't know enough of the english language to hack
lol lol lol, i r stoopid arrowgint racist!
Comment above.

*not amused*

English has nothing to do with hacking...Japan has some of the best programmers in the world...otherwise you wouldn't be playing this game...Thus knowing the program..it's easier to hack...

Maybe they also play fair because SEGA cared enough to make everyone do a disc trade and patch a few bugs...
Or that they ostrocize people for cheating and put there name on a huge sign and blacklist them...

First of all shutup you! no need to go that far im not racist in fact i love the japanese that i learnt their tongue. And do you now the majority of japanese that do know hacking and good english ? yes they do have the best programmers. but look at the majority of cheaters from JP and US ships and compare. And yes they did care enough to trade in their disc for 1.1 for all the JP i have met and befriended with anyway.

And FYI they don't like playing with cheat people or your so called blacklist is because they want to enjoy the game their own fair way and not see a E player running around with a 300% on all attribute Tsumikiri J-sword swinging around unchallenge.

Reiya
Jan 10, 2004, 09:15 AM
u can get japanese hackers.....they aint all saints ya know.

Castershell
Jan 10, 2004, 10:34 PM
On 2003-12-31 21:10, DAXX wrote:

with PSOX, players can only play on ships that are located in their own region. GC, PC, DC are (or were for DC) region free.