PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: The Boogie Bop Blues- Episode #1: Heaven's crying

shinto_kuji
Dec 27, 2003, 03:34 PM
after my horrid "attempt" at a fanfic earlier i decided to try again. really try. i put some thought into what i actually wanted to write and decided on a fanfic that didn't necessarily have to follow a specific storyline. if you know anything about anime, you can probably notice what shows i get inspiration from. like alot of other fanfics, if you want your char thrown in somewhere, pm me. on to the first episode... heaven's crying. (NOTE: chapters will be fairly short.)

----------

"Hey Jack."

"Ya?"

"Give me another."

The bartender, short, husky, and showing his age, eyed his long-time friend. "Are you sure Cass?" he asked.

"I said another Jack... now give it to me. Tonight's special."

"Is it now? What's so special about it Cass? Business is horrible, monsters roam free on the surface and it's damn cold. So what in the hell is it Cass?" Jack, despite his mood, filled Cass' glass to the brim.

Cass, a slim, tall man, his eyes vibrant with the gift of youth, stood from his seat on the bar stool. He picked up his jacket, threw some meseta to his friend, and downed his last shot of whiskey. "That's why I'm drinkin' Jack. Cheers. Have a good one!" Cass called out as he stepped outside.

The cold hit the young man unexpectedly. Cass pulled on his jacket and strove forward through the snow. The snow... ever since Pioneer 2 had descended into Ragol's atmoshpere, they had gotten alot of the white fluff. As Cass walked through it he could see where the snow had piled into banks along the alley's walls and where storekeepers had shoveled it out of their doorways.

Cass sighed heavily as he stepped out into one of te main streets on the huge ship. He could see people gathered around shop windows and he could hear children's high pitched laughs as they ran around through the snow playing. Cass found a wall and leaned against it. He didn't especially like this time of year, in particular the piercing cold, but he couldn't resist grinning at everyone elses' happiness- them for once forgetting where they actually were and the fact that this ship was now their home.

Cass dug into his pockets, pulling out a cigarette and his old-fashioned lighter. 'Here's to a long life and good health,' he thought to himself before lighting the end of the white paper and inhaling the smoke. He looked upward at the sky and the falling snow and the clouds. He remembered the meeting in which Principal Tyrell had decided to open the roof of Pioneer 2 in order to make its inhabitants feel more at home.

"Heaven's crying," he said softly as he took another breath of his cigarette.

End of Chapter 1 of Episode #1.

----------

opinions wanted -.-

Sagasu
Dec 28, 2003, 03:16 PM
Kinda short for an episode of anything, but overall its good. It almost seems like its only a part of something like a real chapter, nice details, I can picture pioneer 2 pretty well from the story. SO right now your main concern is length.

Keep it up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhotonDrop
Dec 28, 2003, 03:29 PM
The title rminds me of Cowboy Bebop.

shinto_kuji
Dec 29, 2003, 02:32 AM
ya sorry about the length>.< i havn't had much time to do anything lately, let alone write a pso fanfic. you could almost call the first one the end of chapter .5 if you want to =p anyway, on to chapter 2.

----------

Cassidy Beouregard- a military deserter turned bounty hunter. Is known to accept any job with enough reward money. That is all the information currently available. (END TRANSMISSION)

The hunter threw his BEE system on the floor angrily. 'Sure helps a f***ing lot,' he thought. 'Ironic, a bounty on a bounty hunter.' He chuckled quietly. He was clad in the official Humar uniform, necessary for anyone who wanted to use Pioneer 2's Ragol teleporters. He had chosen black, to match his long, dark hair. He stood up from his table and began to pace nervously. He needed information on this "Cassidy Beouregard". Enough information to find him and kill him. He had to kill him soon. 'God, I need a drink,' he thought. He grabbed his weapon, a Lavis Cannon, and concealed it in the side of his pant's leg. He also grabbed a picture of Cassidy Beouregard, stuffed it into his pocket, and headed out the door to the nearest bar.

-----

Cass put out his cigarette in the cold snow, dusted himself off, and continued to walk on. He was impatient to get home, he didn't enjoy being in public and he hated the cold weather. Snowflakes fell around him, landing on his shoulders and head. He stared at his feet as he walked along, thinking to himself that they were too big, when a black-clothed hunter bumped into his shoulder. The hunter mumbled a "Watch it" and kept walking.

Cass barely noticed what had happened, his mind having been preoccupied. He looked up from the ground, and could see his apartment building a few blocks down. He owned two apartments there- one for his actual living, the other for housing his small spacecraft. Sleak and triangle-shaped, it was illegal to own ships outside of the military, but Cass' lifestyle hardly reflected a "legal" living.

He turned right off the main street into a long, narrow alleyway between his apartment housing and another one. Cass continued on, his blonde hair blowing in the wind that the alley created. He couldn't wait to get out of the cold. He fumbled through his different keycards until finding the one to his bottom apartment and using it to open the sliding door.

Cass walked in, threw his blue sports coat on the back of his large, rappy-feather couch and plumped lazily down on its soft cushions. He voice-commanded the Holo-T.V. on. A voice broke the silent air.

"Today, a large fight broke out that started with an argument over a person's gender. The person's name, we believe, is Baruba..."

Cass changed the channels a couple of times before turning the H.T.V. off. 'All news,' he thought.. He layed back on the couch, propping his head up with his folded arms. "Hey P.T.!" shouted Cass loudly. When there was no answer, he shouted louder. "HEY P.T.!!"

A small, red android hurried into the room. "Yes Sir?" the robotic voice asked. Cass had built P.T. himself, mainly for combat purposes, but he had also included a "serve" feature in her programming.

"Make me some food...," he mumbled quietly before closing his eyes and giving in to sleep's lure.

-----

The door to Jack's bar swung open and in walked a hunter. "Can I get you something?" he asked his new customer.

The black Humar looked around at his run-down surroundings before sitting on a stool and ordering a drink. 'Place is falling apart...,' he thought to himself.

Jack poured the Humar's drink. "You know your only the second person to come in here today? Business hasn't been too well lately... as you can see." Jack made a sweeping motion with his arms.

"Is that so?" came the reply.

"Yep siree... the other person is the only regular 'customer' I have anymore..."

The hunter sipped on his drink, hardly paying attention to the old man's rambling. He was more concerned about getting informaton on his bounty.

"Yep, Yep... Cass is the only one keeping this place up and running."

The hunter remained calm, despite his eagerness. "Ya? tell me some more old man. This Cass sounds like my kind of guy..."

-----

Cass felt a small jolt run threw his body, forcing his eyes open. "What the hell did you do that for P.T.?" he asked the android, who was now standing over the young man.

"Your food is ready, Sir. I felt the need to wake you, Sir."

"You could have just shook me...," he mumbled quietly as he sat up. He rubbed his eyes sleepily. "How long have I been out P.T.?"

"You have been disabled for two hours and thirty-two minutes, Sir."

"Two and a half, huh? That food better be a damn cousine." He looked at his coffee table, not expecting much, but still dissapointed to find scrambled eggs and beer. "Are these rappy?" he asked the red android.

"That is a Gibbles egg, Sir."

"Uh... right..." Cass downed the beer and poked at the egg, not sure if he wanted to actually eat something that came from a creature made of rock.

WHEWSH!

A large purple beam of light sliced through the table and the couch, exploding on the far wall, barely missing Cass' left leg on the way.

WHEWSH! WHEWSH!

Two more beams came through the walls, each causing large explosions around Cass and P.T. The android remained calm. "Do you wish me to engage in combat, Sir?" she asked the blonde-haired man.

"Yeah, and hur..."

WHEWSH! WHEWSH! WHEWSH!

"DAMMIT!!!" Cass cried as he dove to the floor. Explosions went off all around him, rocking the small apartment. "Come on P.T.!" Cass grabbed P.T.'s hand and ran with her to the elevator that led to his upper apartment. He grabbed his rifle, a Frozen Shooter model, before hitting the "UP" button.

The doors of the elevator opened to a room with a small ship contained within. Cass and P.T. ran to it, still feeling the explosions below as they went, and jumped in the craft. Cass hit several switches, one causing the roof of the apartment to open, allowing some snow to pour in. Another closed the top of Cass' ship, The Blue Bop, and the last switch started the photon-fueled engine.

The Blue Bop took off, rose through the roof and out into the heavily falling snow. Cass hit a button, causing the glass of the ship to heat itself, evaporating the snow that would have otherwise blinded his view. He increased the craft's speed, and headed for the open-hatch roof of Pioneer 2. He glanced behind him-hoping to see who or what attacked his home, but was only able to make out a large black cloud of smoke through the snow.

----------

End of Chapter 2 of Episode #1

-----

kind of a hurried chapter, but I hope its still good. it this worth continuing? ._.

shinto_kuji
Dec 29, 2003, 06:10 PM
ya well, like i said before, you can probably tell where i get influences from. a couple of anime oldies^-^ on to chapter 3

----------

"P.T., do a scan of the apartment area. Maybe you can find out what the hell just happened. I can barely see anything through this freaking snow.." Cass veered off his previous course for Pioneer 2's roof and turned The Blue Bop around for P.T. to get a better view.

P.T. activated her scanners and swept across the area below. "Scanners indicate one figures near the building. He is wielding a purple blade. Possibly a Lavis Cannon. The military is approaching the scene and the public is being evacuated."

"One person, huh? Can you scan his face and tell me who it is P.T.?"

"Subject is out of range for facial scan." P.T. turned off her scanners.

"Hm... let's go see who this guy is before the military gets to him." Cass pushed the acceleration lever forward and darted back towards his apartment. As he got closer he could see people screaming and running, children crying out how "cool" it was, and their parents trying to get them away. The military wasn't far off. At least a dozen foot soldiers carrying rifles approached the scene. Apparently they weren't concerned about a potential fire, the snow would take care of that.

Cass pulled in for a closer look. Then, through the smoke he could see a bright purple blade. The man turned, saw The Blue Bop, and began to retreat. He turned onto the main street and ran, pushing over people on his way, knocking shopping bags from their arms. Cass was hot on his tail. He could tell it was a black clad Humar now, Cass wasn't but five feet behind him. The Humar turned onto a side street, nearly slipping in the wet snow, making Cass slam on the decellerator and veer The Blue Bop hard to the right to keep up with the hunter.

The Humar ran along the crowded walkway, smashing into people left and right, and hit a snowman. He picked himself up and glanced behind him. He could see the small ship behind him, tagged with the name The Blue Bop.

Cass pushed harder on the accelerator and pulled alongside the black hunter. He tried to get a good look at the man, but his face was never clearly visible amidst the daily shoppers. Then, unexpectedly, the hunter darted into a building, passing two camoflouged soldiers guarding the door. He knocked one down and the other soldier, not sure how to handle the situation, ordered the black Humar to stop. The man ran harder now, deeper into the building, ignoring the soldier's shouting.

Cass slowed down and stopped in front of where the Humar had disappeared. A large sign told Cass it was a military building, and that only authorized people were allowed to enter. He sighed, the last thing he wanted to do was piss off the government. "Well, I guess that's tha...," Cass was interupted by the sound of photon bullets firing and the front of the military building being torn open. A small, brown spacecraft appeared and darted off towards Pioneer 2's open roof.

Cass saw the ship and he could see the black hunter inside the cockpit. Cass gave chase, pushing the acclerator all the way forward, causing him and P.T. to jolt backwards from the force. Photon bullets rained around him, aimed for the stolen ship, but nearly hitting The Blue Bop. Cass ignored the soldiers and focused on the the military aircraft. Cass was gaining on him now, but before he could fully catch the black Humar, the ship disappeared into the heavy snow outside of Pioneer 2.

Cass lost site of his prey, the snow blinding him from view. "P.T., tell me where he is! I lost him!"

P.T. reopened her scanners and looked around. "A military spaceship is to your left, Sir. He seems to be headed for the surface."

Cass turned to the left and headed down, following P.T.'s instructions. Then, the weather blessed Cass- the snow stopped falling and he could see the black Humar's ship in front of him. "Good job P.T., there he is."

The other ship zoomed towards the surface and neared the trees. He sped along the top of them, causing them to bend underneath his stolen craft.

Cass was closing the gap. "Let's make him land P.T." Cass smiled as he flipped open a casing to a switch labeled "FIRE". He steered The Blue Bop directly behind the other ship and flipped the red switch. Two waves of electricity shot out of The Blue Bop's front cannons and waved along through the air, causing sparks on the way. They hit the other ship, making its non-photon engines fail. The black Humar's ship dropped slowly to the ground, crashing through the branches of the leaf-less trees and into the cushioning snow.

Cass pulled down towards the ground. He could see the black hunter exiting the fallen ship and running into the dense trees, his Lavis Cannon in tow. Cass landed The Blue Bop next to the other ship. Cass and P.T. got out into the brisk weather, making him shiver, he had forgotten to grab his jacket before fleeing from the apartment. All he sported now was a long-sleeved white button-up shirt and green slacks with suspenders to hold them up.

"Hey P.T., go get the bastard. I'm gonna stay here in the ship where it's warm."

-----

The black Humar marched through the snow. He was scared now, he had become the prey instead of the predator. He leaned against a tree, resting his weapon against his side. He thought to himself that he had to get away. He had to. His body tensed. He had heard footsteps.

"Come out so I can restrain you," a robotic voice said.

The black Humar prepared himself mentally. He grabbed his Lavis Cannon and shot out from the tree. He found his target- a small, red android. He unleashed a wave of energy at the 'droid, but it missed. The android remained unscathed, a strange blue-ish shield having blocked the attack.

"You will be restrained," the android stated calmly.

The Humar stood there, dumbfounded as a photon-enhanced net shot out from the red 'bot.

-----

Cass sat in the ship, comfortably warming his hands. He knew it was only a matter of time before P.T. returned with the black hunter. Noone could get the best of his android. He was sure of that. After having closed his eyes for a few moments, he heard a voice.

"I have returned, Sir." P.T. said from outside.

Cass grinned as he hopped out into the snow. "My 'droid get the you?"

The Humar glared menacingly at Cass.

Cass continued. "So, theres a couple of things I'd cleared up." Cass pulled out his pack of cigarettes and offered one to the Humar. When the Humar didn't respond, Cass lit one for himself and smoked it in an attempt to get his mind off the cold. There was no way he was going to shiver in front of his captive. "As I was saying... I have a couple of questions." Cass inhaled the smoke. "For one, why in the freaking hell did you blow up my apartment? I had stuff in there ya know." Cass stared at the Humar.

The Humar whispered two words before he reached into his pocket and popped a pill in his mouth. His body slumped to the ground.

-----

Cass steered The Blue Bop back towards Pioneer 2. He knew the military would have his ass for wrecking one of their ships, but that wasn't what was bothering the young man. 'Why...,' he thought, 'Why does Black Paper want me dead...?'

----------

End of Episode #1

----------

well thats the end of episode #1 (duh) =p any comments? ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinto_kuji on 2003-12-29 16:47 ]</font>

White_Knight
Dec 29, 2003, 06:30 PM
thats intresting I get the fell of bebop and Big O keep going this is really intresting

shinto_kuji
Dec 29, 2003, 06:37 PM
cowboy bebop/big O/outlaw star/a couple things from other series here and there =p like i said, anime oldies (i consider 4-6 years old in anime) ^-^