PDA

View Full Version : PSO Episode 1 & 2 for PC: Development Screenshots

Velocity_7
Dec 27, 2003, 08:29 PM
http://sega.jp/pc/pso/support/html/12_info.html

Already submitted news for this. Please enjoy information if you can read Japanese, as well as six screenies.

Dhylec
Dec 27, 2003, 08:58 PM
hm, look like there is new npc not on console versions..

Velocity_7
Dec 27, 2003, 09:01 PM
Really? Didn't notice that. Looks like Ep 1&2 PC will be worthwhile then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Maverynthia
Dec 27, 2003, 09:28 PM
I don't see any new NPCs..however the ability to use Kana in names is cool!

Richard
Dec 27, 2003, 09:35 PM
On 2003-12-27 18:28, Maverynthia wrote:
I don't see any new NPCs

First screenshot. There's a girl in a pink dress. Definitely not a PC, and definitely not an NPC we've seen before. Makes me wonder what her purpose will be...

Maverynthia
Dec 27, 2003, 09:56 PM
Hrmm..might be that hey added QUESTS to the Episode 2 part...*gasp shock horror*

_Sinue_
Dec 27, 2003, 11:18 PM
Or maybe that NPC information is already on our PSO disks.. but Sega just hasn't released a quest which uses her yet huh? They never did release a quest which used the Ninja/FOmar in v.2 for the DC.. but he was still there and accessable if you had a CodeBreaker or other cheat device.

Rep0
Dec 27, 2003, 11:25 PM
This is a beta version, correct? I'm not trying to be a graphics whore or anything, but the circular shadows ahhhhhhhhhh.

Does anyone know if the saving will be server, or client side?

Velocity_7
Dec 27, 2003, 11:50 PM
Well, circular shadows do suck. That better be fixed or I won't forgive them.

Of course, that could just be a graphics thing, Shadow Detail Level Low and High, for example, just like how the textures seem to be redone for this new and improved 1280x1024 res. Just like how they did Sonic Adventure DX for PC...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2003-12-27 21:03 ]</font>

NodMan
Dec 28, 2003, 12:56 AM
I want it when does it come out!?! And when will PSO Plus come out in the US?!?

Corey
Dec 28, 2003, 04:14 AM
Yes,it actually is suspected to come out in the US.PSO+ is coming out in the US some time around EP3 US realease.

Let's not forget the Client side Hucaseal in V2 and PSOPC

Jack
Dec 28, 2003, 07:01 AM
Looks very nice. Good to see they've fixed the grainy text from the Xbox version.

Velocity_7
Dec 28, 2003, 10:26 AM
Translated by a friend of mine:

Hello, this is Sonic Team.

Thank you for enjoying PSO. It's been three months since we released information at September's Tokyo Game Show, and already we're close to 2004.

"Has there been a follow-up story regarding Episode 1 & 2 for Windows? (tentative title)" We've received many inquiries, but still haven't had much progress advance in time for announcing details.

However, to show that what we've worked on we've prepared a few screenshots of several scenes. They're all development pictures for the Windows edition, but I'm sure you can compare the quality of the high-resolution pictures.

The actual development is coming along well. We're working hard in developing this so that we can give everyone a detailed announcement release. To all the PSO fans out there, we ask that you please be patient waiting for the release.

Surely for everyone who has high hopes for this game, the Windows version of PSO Episode 1 & 2 (tentative title) will serve you well.

By the way, the current, free version of PSO PC is drawing to the end. You can enjoy the online version up from December 19 until the 31st at 23:59.

* Click the pictures to make them bigger.

Many thanks to that friend of mine for the translation. You know who you are. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Velocity_7 on 2003-12-28 07:28 ]</font>

ilr2000
Dec 28, 2003, 02:11 PM
Lol.. I love how their all level 200. And it's interesting that they can now have names in Japanese language, instead of the english alphabet. The resolution is superb.. compared to the v2 PC game that locked in 640x480 (at least for me).

kevlar_pso
Dec 28, 2003, 05:42 PM
I am seriously thinkin about gettin PSO Ep. I&II for PC.

gamer232323
Dec 28, 2003, 06:19 PM
When it does coem out im getting it because i wont be able to get a broadband adapter any time soon so the pc version i would imagine to be much easier to get online.

anwserman
Dec 28, 2003, 06:21 PM
Well remember, for the PC they have to aim for the lowest common denominator. If they want the program to run on lower-end PCs, they might have to have spot shadows for it to run on such machines.

Consoles, they're uniform (for the most part, sans addons) so its easy to optimize for each system since they're all the same.

Velocity_7
Dec 28, 2003, 07:16 PM
There is something called Graphics Detail Levels that can be easily switched too. Who needs the L.C.D. when you can tweak it for your own system? Sonic Adventure DX for PC does this too.

Para
Dec 29, 2003, 02:02 AM
oooooooo look so cool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif i must get... MUST GET!

drizzle
Dec 29, 2003, 04:41 AM
On 2003-12-28 11:11, ilr2000 wrote:
Lol.. I love how their all level 200.

With baby mags http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The water doesn't look as good as on the GC tho :/

Maverynthia
Dec 30, 2003, 11:07 PM
I think PSO-PC is the way to go...they can add SOOO much onto a PC version such as new heads and uniforms. That's what I hate about the GC version. They are locked into the 1.5GB (was it) disc..which isn't much really. For a PC game they have unlimited space technically....

It would be nice to see lots of new character customization cool stuff for the PC..who knows..maybe some fan made model heads and 'skins'....

Jack
Dec 31, 2003, 01:34 PM
On 2003-12-30 20:07, Maverynthia wrote:
They are locked into the 1.5GB (was it) disc..which isn't much really.

Saying 1.5GB isn't much is just wrong. Take a look at Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Huge game world, masses of text, massive game. It all fits onto one 32MB cartridge. The actual ROM itself is something like 24MB, I think. Given that 1.5GB is equivalent to 62 and a half times the size of Ocarina of Time, I wouldn't say that the 1.5GB didsc is restrictive.