PDA

View Full Version : Hildetorr time confirmed.

PhotonDrop
Dec 27, 2003, 10:56 PM
for the past week me and my cousin have telepiped back and forth during Forest of Sorrow for 24 hours
we took turns sleeping and playing.

Well the most Hildetorrs seen over 5 days took place at 6:45-6:50PM EST the second most was 3:21-3:26AM EST the third most seen was at midnigh EST.

trunkszero
Dec 27, 2003, 11:17 PM
that doesn't mean anything, we would have to know the beat time not your actual time

Xeno_M
Dec 28, 2003, 12:14 AM
You mean one person piped for 12 hours straight, then slept. Other person woke up and took over for 12 hours. And you did that for 5 days?! Umm... Thats not dedication... Thats... I dunno, something not good... Pathetic maybe?

NodMan
Dec 28, 2003, 12:29 AM
On 2003-12-27 21:14, Xeno_M wrote:
You mean one person piped for 12 hours straight, then slept. Other person woke up and took over for 12 hours. And you did that for 5 days?! Umm... Thats not dedication... Thats... I dunno, something not good... Pathetic maybe?

I agree if I did that not only would my girlfriend leave me but I would lose my job!

Xeno_M
Dec 28, 2003, 12:39 AM
Once in a while i'll play games (usually not JUST PSO) from wake till sleep... But not 5 days in a row, and DEFINATLY not piping! 2 hours at a time is my MAX! Any longer and i'll be forced to hang myself from a tree in the back yard O_o

Myopathy
Dec 28, 2003, 12:43 AM
Hehe, I nodded off piping once (oops...guess I was tired) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also Xeno, can you just find an Aura Field? I thought that was made from an item combination?

Xeno_M
Dec 28, 2003, 12:49 AM
On 2003-12-27 21:43, Ezellaur wrote:
Hehe, I nodded off piping once (oops...guess I was tired) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also Xeno, can you just find an Aura Field? I thought that was made from an item combination?

Yes you can, a couple of ID's find them here and there. I got mine off an Oran/Temple/Mil Lily... The drop rate was 1/2, but it took me 7 to finally get it. Just bad luck i'd say.

And if you make Aura Field, or any other armor for that matter, it will the weakest possible. Armors you find from enemies can have very large stat boosts. I tested this today actually. I looked at the guides here for a Brightness Circle. Said DFP was 230. So i made one offline (Spirit Garment + Star Amplifier) and the DFP on the one i made was only 190. Evade was just about the same. So i'm gonna try to hunt down a Brightness Circle from an enemy also.

Deus-Irae
Dec 28, 2003, 05:03 AM
"Hildetorr time confirmed."

no.

NeonShadow
Dec 28, 2003, 07:13 AM
What a looser, do you really think that people will belive you? Oh, and i'd like to give you a royal laugh. Playing PSO for 5 days a row? I think you should get some a hobby besideds playing video games

Butoden
Dec 28, 2003, 10:40 AM
On 2003-12-28 04:13, NeonShadow wrote:
What a looser, do you really think that people will belive you? Oh, and i'd like to give you a royal laugh. Playing PSO for 5 days a row? I think you should get some a hobby besideds playing video games
Ever thought about the possibility that this MIGHT be his hobby!? Like someone who accidentily came here and saw this topic about Hildetorrs and Beat-times and he grabbed a copy, played all the way to Ultimate to verify this theory! I think this is his hobby. He didn't confirm anything though. For some people, PSO has become so boring that they try stuff like this. You should give credit for him playing 5 days in a row!

Heero_Yuy0w0
Dec 28, 2003, 11:58 AM
Hey, so he's a more serious gamer then some of you. Doesn't mean u should bash him. As for confirming times? Well, maybe. It does atleast add some information to the Beat time theory. And as for him giving the normal times, you can use the beat calculator to convert them to Beat Time.

BullKathos
Dec 28, 2003, 12:04 PM
i think it would be more useful if he confirmed beat times... not actually game timer.. i think that has nuthing to do with it. I bet if he had took the beat times they would have all matched up when the most were found. Also what rare items did u find?

Jason
Dec 28, 2003, 12:23 PM
OMG.

PhotonDrop
Dec 28, 2003, 02:08 PM
Uhh, I'm FEMALE!

PhotonDrop
Dec 28, 2003, 02:10 PM
On 2003-12-28 09:04, BullKathos wrote:
i think it would be more useful if he confirmed beat times... not actually game timer.. i think that has nuthing to do with it. I bet if he had took the beat times they would have all matched up when the most were found. Also what rare items did u find?

2 Frozen Shooter
231785 meseta
3 Photon Drops ( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )
and a Monomate

beats: 31-35 beats
390-393 beats
and
250 beats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2003-12-28 11:15 ]</font>

cHaOsMaZtA
Dec 28, 2003, 03:23 PM
what a freaking waste of time!!! Your parents let you play for 5 days in a row!! people these days...

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 28, 2003, 03:36 PM
You found about 100 Hildetorrs' worth of Meseta, more photon drops than frozen shooters, and only one non-rare, non-meseta item?

That doesn't sound right.

dj_dan
Dec 28, 2003, 05:07 PM
Ok everyone, no one is forcing you to believe this post, but if you reply... don't go on a bashing binge.

No one is more or less pathetic for playing this game. We have all spent way too much time playing PSO. I know people who have played games for months on end (not just 5 measley days).

Anyway, if you're going to post, make it relevant without being an insult to the maker of this thread.
If it continues, warnings will be dished out.

cHaOsMaZtA
Dec 28, 2003, 05:59 PM
i highly doubt anyone has played 12 hours a day for a whole month straight. but hey you never know...

PaleKid15
Dec 28, 2003, 07:40 PM
On 2003-12-27 20:17, trunkszero wrote:
that doesn't mean anything, we would have to know the beat time not your actual time

THAT doesn't mean anything either. The beat time theory was presented, looked over, and shot down. Why? Because it was wrong. This has been proven many times.

As for the 5 days of playing, congrats. You really should have gotten better items though. Keep up that level of dedication and something good will eventually happen. (well, not necessarily... PSO is spiteful like that)

Cengah
Dec 28, 2003, 07:53 PM
Yeah palekid is right.

The beat time theory was just that, a theory.

Anyway congrats on your dedication.

I just about gave up on my guard wave, and thats when i found it.

I still haven't once seen a hildetorr.

I've also in all my time playing PSO have only seen one Hildeblue.

Anyway keep up the good work. Hopefully you get better luck and find some better rares from a Hildetorr

RNA
Dec 28, 2003, 09:30 PM
6:45 PM - 6:50 PM Offline GameCube Time = @448
3:21 AM - 3:26 AM Offline GameCube Time = @808
12:00 Midnight Offline GameCube Time = @668

Hey, I've come pretty close to the 12 hours a day for 1 month straight. From 10.13.2003 - 11.19.2003, I played an average of 6 - 7 hours a day (25 LAPS) while completing my 1000-LAP excavation of SKYLY "Addicting Foods". The only reason I didn't play more was because I actually had to spend time with my Girlfriend on the weekends when she's not at school. There were many days that I would play up to 12 - 13 hours (50 LAPS)

The Beat Time Theory was a theory that received no serious study, thus it was "shot down". My studies have shown that the main principles of the Beat Theory hold merit, but there are many specifics that need to be retained before it can work. In specific, Start Time MUST be recorded and reused before beat time can be taken into consideration.

Before my extensive research on the Beat Time Theory, I used to pipe for Hildetorr's in search of the Magic Stone:Iritista. From 3 days straight of telepiping and exactly 21 Hildetorrs later, I found beats 410 - 445 having the highest concentration. It is unfortunate that I did not record the exact time that I set my GameCube time to get such results. Beats 390 - 410 were moderate in Hildetorr concentration and beat times around 668 (midnight) are lucky for ALL rare appearances in general.

In this thread, Attention Beat Timers: New study being conducted! REPORT (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=53099&forum=7) people found an unusual frequency of rare enemies around beat time 668 (midnight). They even attributed the Hildetorr to the Devil (666), LoL.

I guess that makes 2 sources of confirmation for PhotonDrop's findings =)

Firocket1690
Dec 29, 2003, 01:28 AM
*casually walks in thread*
booo hoo
Beats aren't that accurate, there are different beats for different ships, on/offline, etc
Hell, ten meseta says my GC is a few seconds off from your GC clock. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Butoden
Dec 29, 2003, 06:14 AM
666 Beats = about 10 PM at my place. That's GMT +1 West Europe - Amsterdam, Brussel, Paris

I tried to pipe a Hildetorr yesterday, 3 times in 666 beats but no luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif I guess I need to complete the quests and get Ult. FoS because piping for 1 Hildelt is of course nonsense...

wargate
Dec 29, 2003, 07:45 PM
Iam sorrey to say this time you didnt get the heldortor thing but keep trying and make graph to dipict what whent wrong ps dont burn on others because this world already has enough problems the real world and the virtuall worlds

Blitzkommando
Dec 29, 2003, 09:16 PM
For all of you that insulted her for spending the 5 days the way she wanted to is just plain rude. That takes patience and dedication to spend 5 days to do a study.

I myself have been conducting run research for a while now and have, as said before, found that there is indeed a connection between beat time and rare enemy appearance. I as well am in EST and have found the same results, however with different enemies. I have found that to be the case with Pal Rappy appearances.

Why do I do this? Before you ask, simply put, I enjoy collecting data and formulating observations. That is the way that some people are. They like discovering new things. They look at things differently than other people. Neither way is better than the other however society wouldn't be as diverse if it were not for people who dedicate themselves to study things. Whether that means collecting item data in a game or element traces in the soil they both take work, time and dedication from the person doing the research. Sure I know this data is not important to the real world but I get my fun from the game from collecting it.

Everyone has the right to spend their free time however they please as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of another person. Some people enjoy spending countless hours programming, playing board games, collecting data in game and other things that will never likely make any impact in the real world. That is their right and it is no more wrong than any other form of entertainment.

Sorry about getting off-subject there but I felt I had to clear that up. Anyway that's great that you have the dedication to do that and to collect the data. I agree that it would have been nice if it had been in beat time but that makes the data no less accurate.

It seems that we are seeing more and more cases with similar beat times leading to similar results. However I will consent that the only sure way to prove it is by having someone actually reverse engineer the game and I don't see that happening soon so theories will be the best we will have until then.

Flint
Dec 30, 2003, 01:29 PM
On 2003-12-29 18:16, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
For all of you that insulted her for spending the 5 days the way she wanted to is just plain rude.

Damn straight it's rude! Personally i don't really want to know EXACTLY where and when a rare enemy would appear, i just can't see the fun in it.

However, as this is a PSO community she went out on a limb and decided to share her findings with everyone, and this is what she gets in return?

Shame on you, shame on you all...

P.S. Except for those who stuck up for her

PaleKid15
Dec 30, 2003, 07:03 PM
On 2003-12-28 18:30, RNA wrote:
6:45 PM - 6:50 PM Offline GameCube Time = @448
3:21 AM - 3:26 AM Offline GameCube Time = @808
12:00 Midnight Offline GameCube Time = @668

Hey, I've come pretty close to the 12 hours a day for 1 month straight. From 10.13.2003 - 11.19.2003, I played an average of 6 - 7 hours a day (25 LAPS) while completing my 1000-LAP excavation of SKYLY "Addicting Foods". The only reason I didn't play more was because I actually had to spend time with my Girlfriend on the weekends when she's not at school. There were many days that I would play up to 12 - 13 hours (50 LAPS)

The Beat Time Theory was a theory that received no serious study, thus it was "shot down". My studies have shown that the main principles of the Beat Theory hold merit, but there are many specifics that need to be retained before it can work. In specific, Start Time MUST be recorded and reused before beat time can be taken into consideration.

Before my extensive research on the Beat Time Theory, I used to pipe for Hildetorr's in search of the Magic Stone:Iritista. From 3 days straight of telepiping and exactly 21 Hildetorrs later, I found beats 410 - 445 having the highest concentration. It is unfortunate that I did not record the exact time that I set my GameCube time to get such results. Beats 390 - 410 were moderate in Hildetorr concentration and beat times around 668 (midnight) are lucky for ALL rare appearances in general.

In this thread, Attention Beat Timers: New study being conducted! REPORT (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=53099&forum=7) people found an unusual frequency of rare enemies around beat time 668 (midnight). They even attributed the Hildetorr to the Devil (666), LoL.

I guess that makes 2 sources of confirmation for PhotonDrop's findings =)

Actually, it was researched rather extensively. If you were here when the theory originated (you have 4 posts...) then you would have seen the many topics and debates on the theory. It was shot down. The theory is not right, was not right, and will not be right, ever. The biggest part of pso is the fact that just about everything is random. Thus providing a different experience each time it is played. ST would not go against their own idea and if they did, it would not be through something as obvious as beats or times. If the theory was correct, offliners could change their GC clocks to alter the beat time and then get any rare they wanted from any monster. That is a ridiculous idea. If the beat time theory were discovered to be true, it would be the most negative dicsovery in PSO next to duping and hacking. If you do not have the patience to go find rares the way legit players do (by looking extensively) then PSO is not the game for you.

Squeege
Dec 30, 2003, 10:09 PM
You played for 5 days straight? And for a reason? Your like, my hero. But seriously, that's interesting how things happen more often at certain beats. Although, if it could be as bad as hacking and duping why would it be programmed into the game? Maybe to make it not-impossible for some rares. If it does work ST probably doesn't want people exploiting it.

wargate
Dec 30, 2003, 10:52 PM
yes a hero she be i also must say for me it is some where around 6:25/6:45 as my studys have shown but as the secrety code makes each game differnt. but i must dis a gree about you views aganst hacking/cheating/duping but i respect your sight.

kingmurp
Dec 31, 2003, 07:42 AM
That's devotion. I applaud your efforts. I also have to mention that please don't disavow(sp) any theories until all possiblities have been examined. Remember how the J-Sword couldn't be unsealed?

RNA
Jan 2, 2004, 06:19 PM
On 2003-12-28 22:28, Firocket1690 wrote:
*casually walks in thread*
booo hoo
Beats aren't that accurate, there are different beats for different ships, on/offline, etc
Hell, ten meseta says my GC is a few seconds off from your GC clock. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

All beat times mentioned should be synchronized to the GameCube clock set time. ie, @000 = 08:00, @250 = 14:00, @500 = 20:00, @750 = 02:00. That way it wouldn't matter where you were, as long as you read your beat time from an accurate GameCube clock(set to your own region time without online synchronization). I converted Photon Drop's beat times via GameCube clock without online synchro.

The Beat Theory, if it works, should work just as well offline as it does online. The only exception I can think of with online, is the changing of game leader section ID's, which can be compensated by a quick rare appearance pattern change from the previous leader to the current leader.

On 2003-12-30 16:03, PaleKid15 wrote:
Actually, it was researched rather extensively. If you were here when the theory originated (you have 4 posts...) then you would have seen the many topics and debates on the theory. It was shot down. The theory is not right, was not right, and will not be right, ever.

Topics and Debates aren't sufficient to prove or disprove the beat theory, at least not the ones I've read here. I've searched and read most of them.

It's true I wasn't here when it happened, since I've only started playing PSO in August 2003. However, I have been playing a lot since then, and I have been recording most of my data in the form of item excavations similar to the ones here at PSO-world. My excavations differ from PSO-world's by the addition of much greater detail and logical disposition. With these differences, I am able to perform controlled experiments in the PSO environment which allows fact and evidence based on observation.

See signature for a link to my research.

The biggest part of pso is the fact that just about everything is random. Thus providing a different experience each time it is played. ST would not go against their own idea and if they did, it would not be through something as obvious as beats or times. If the theory was correct, offliners could change their GC clocks to alter the beat time and then get any rare they wanted from any monster. That is a ridiculous idea. If the beat time theory were discovered to be true, it would be the most negative dicsovery in PSO next to duping and hacking.

How are you so sure that making everything Random was Sega Team's idea? Perhaps they wanted to make certain beats "hotspots" in an attempt to fool us into believing that beats are linked to rare appearances - a conspiracy? Or perhaps they wanted to make the formula for rare appearances possible to figure out, but improbable.

Unfortunately, we cannot look towards PSO's creators and their ideals for answers. Random Value Generators are impossible to make completely random, and their ability to randomize is based on hardware/software capabilities, time, and money. If the creators were unable to create a good random value generator, then it was most likely cause by one or more of those factors.

So it is not the notion that the creators of PSO "wanted" anyone to figure out how rare appearances occur, but it was inevitable that someone would eventually figure it out, due to computer and human limitations.

I described a little about my research in the thread, About these reports.... (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=72090&forum=7&max_posts=22)

If you do not have the patience to go find rares the way legit players do (by looking extensively) then PSO is not the game for you.

You'd be surprised how "patient" I am =)

KingChaos
Jan 2, 2004, 07:19 PM
On 2003-12-27 19:56, PhotonDrop wrote:
for the past week me and my cousin have telepiped back and forth during Forest of Sorrow for 24 hours
we took turns sleeping and playing.

y would you do that and what were you thinking

Robo47
Jan 2, 2004, 08:02 PM
Hmm, maybe they were thinking that they could be smarter than me at something, seriously, I am almost THE person to go to for PSO in my neighborhood, eventhough my cousins live two blocks away and she's five houses down from me.

PaleKid15
Jan 3, 2004, 06:05 PM
On 2004-01-02 15:19, RNA wrote:
The Beat Theory, if it works, should work just as well offline as it does online. The only exception I can think of with online, is the changing of game leader section ID's, which can be compensated by a quick rare appearance pattern change from the previous leader to the current leader.

Topics and Debates aren't sufficient to prove or disprove the beat theory, at least not the ones I've read here. I've searched and read most of them.

It's true I wasn't here when it happened, since I've only started playing PSO in August 2003. However, I have been playing a lot since then, and I have been recording most of my data in the form of item excavations similar to the ones here at PSO-world. My excavations differ from PSO-world's by the addition of much greater detail and logical disposition. With these differences, I am able to perform controlled experiments in the PSO environment which allows fact and evidence based on observation.

See signature for a link to my research.

How are you so sure that making everything Random was Sega Team's idea? Perhaps they wanted to make certain beats "hotspots" in an attempt to fool us into believing that beats are linked to rare appearances - a conspiracy? Or perhaps they wanted to make the formula for rare appearances possible to figure out, but improbable.

Unfortunately, we cannot look towards PSO's creators and their ideals for answers. Random Value Generators are impossible to make completely random, and their ability to randomize is based on hardware/software capabilities, time, and money. If the creators were unable to create a good random value generator, then it was most likely cause by one or more of those factors.
So it is not the notion that the creators of PSO "wanted" anyone to figure out how rare appearances occur, but it was inevitable that someone would eventually figure it out, due to computer and human limitations.

I described a little about my research in the thread, About these reports.... (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=72090&forum=7&max_posts=22)

If you do not have the patience to go find rares the way legit players do (by looking extensively) then PSO is not the game for you.

You'd be surprised how "patient" I am =)

It does work as well online as it does offline. (which is not at all)

If they contain facts and research (which some did) then they are enough to disprove the theory.

ST does not have the mental capacity to create a conspiracy. And if the BTT worked, you wouldn't be the only one using it (or at least more than a very small minority)

It is not difficult to create a random integer program. There are RI programs in almost all TI calculators, and they work fine.

I congratulate you on all of your hard work in researching this topic. However, I still see more evidence disproving the BTT than evidence supporting it.

PJ
Jan 3, 2004, 07:08 PM
On 2004-01-03 15:05, PaleKid15 wrote:
ST does not have the mental capacity to create a conspiracy.

I know this is off topic, but I really have to say...

Why insult the creators of the game you play oh so much of? And if you don't play this game, "Oh so much," then would you really be posting at this forum? Of course not. Then why bother?

All ST bashers of this forum, including Palekid, you confuse me x_X Wouldn't you be better off bashing ST at say, oooh, a forum talking about the, "Oh so excellent," Mario series? Just an example, it could even be in a forum for the game Cool Spot >.> Or perhaps Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. It doesn't matter. Just not a place discussing the game.

That's like going into a Mario forum, reading the topic, "L00k h3r3, m4r10 zunzh1n3 r0xx0rz," and some idiot named, nosepicker says I totally agree with you.

Ok, that's not even relevant to what I said before, I just don't like the mario games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Auracom
Jan 5, 2004, 07:33 AM
You're better off not looking for any patterns in PSO. =-= Play a week and you'll notice just how random it is. As for the 5 days back to back... thats hardcore, hope your GC is having some down time for awhile.

Armok
Jan 5, 2004, 07:58 AM
I love these pll that go on about how its all random. Does anyone else here know that AI has not been invented yet so a computer cannot create a randomly generated number. Personally I do not believe that beat theory is correct in the simple 640 beats finds u a hildetour. The random number is most prob generated by exp, char name and time/month/year.

I'll do a run with a new character (default looks) record the exact time I start them, load level and kill the first booma. I will then reset the clock and rerun to the exact second and new char with same name and looks and kill the same booma.

PaleKid15
Jan 5, 2004, 01:35 PM
On 2004-01-03 16:08, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2004-01-03 15:05, PaleKid15 wrote:
ST does not have the mental capacity to create a conspiracy.

I know this is off topic, but I really have to say...

Why insult the creators of the game you play oh so much of? And if you don't play this game, "Oh so much," then would you really be posting at this forum? Of course not. Then why bother?

All ST bashers of this forum, including Palekid, you confuse me x_X Wouldn't you be better off bashing ST at say, oooh, a forum talking about the, "Oh so excellent," Mario series? Just an example, it could even be in a forum for the game Cool Spot >.> Or perhaps Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. It doesn't matter. Just not a place discussing the game.

That's like going into a Mario forum, reading the topic, "L00k h3r3, m4r10 zunzh1n3 r0xx0rz," and some idiot named, nosepicker says I totally agree with you.

Ok, that's not even relevant to what I said before, I just don't like the mario games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I have very few problems with sonic team. This is maybe 1/2 of my flames on sonic team. I was merely stating that it is not very likely that the people who completely changed (and in IMO ruined) a perfectly good game (yes, I am referring to episode 3) with their only explanation being, and I quote,"We wanted to bring in a card game to pso, because Magic the Gathering is doing very well." I also have no problem with MTG, just ST's logic.

ST just don't seem like the type of people with the will or ability to insert a conspiracy into a Video Game. Besides, could the BTT really be considered a conspiracy? No.