PDA

View Full Version : Cmode question on S-Ranks

Myopathy
Dec 28, 2003, 04:11 AM
Just did C1, C2, and C3 for the first time. I found it a lot of fun and plan to go through the whole thing. We had one person on our team who knew where she was going for the most part, so that helped. However, our team wasn't great (one HU kept getting stuck in those fenced light gate areas lol), so our times were not spectacular, to say the least. I was just wondering if I can go back and do them, get a better time, and still get an S-Rank? Basically, can I

1) Finish all stages with a time of greater than 7 hours and then redo a couple so that it goes under 7 hours and still get an S-Rank?

AND/OR

2) Redo C1, C2, and C3 again and get them to good times. Then continue til the end with a final time of less than 7 hrs and get an S-Rank?

Ugh...I hope I worded all that correctly so you all can understand it.

Deus-Irae
Dec 28, 2003, 04:58 AM
yep, you can allways go back and re-do any stages at any time. have fun! cmode is a good time.

Sabreman
Dec 28, 2003, 09:21 AM
I was always under the impression that once you've done c9 you get your rank and can't redo anything. Therefore we always make sure we have the best times we can get on c1-8 before tackling c9.

Myopathy
Dec 28, 2003, 04:00 PM
Ok, thanks you guys for the help. At least I know now I can play through most of CMode first and then maybe work on the time attacks.

Myopathy
Dec 28, 2003, 05:25 PM
Oh and one more question. This is kind of off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread. How pragmatic is it to feed your mag during CMode? I have yet to do it since most of the things I have, that I can feed the mag, I need.

Deus-Irae
Dec 29, 2003, 03:05 AM
Sabreman: nope, you can redo them all anytime.

mag feeding: its not neccesar, but it can help. only one character should do it, and as far as i know, its best to use on a HU Droid mag.

the idea being that you can raise your Dex Stat and equip a gun that you would not normally be able to equip at your level.

be carefull that you dont use items that someone might need in certain levels. like Antipara on levels where human type characters can be paralyzed (Caves).

it can get confusing imo.

MFGouken
Dec 29, 2003, 03:50 AM
Just focus on finishing them all first then if you still need to lower your time keep doing TA until you get it under 7hrs, how do you think I got mine under 4 hours? TA like you won't believe