PDA

View Full Version : Something for you to ponder... and try if your bored...

Xeno_M
Dec 28, 2003, 04:39 AM
I dont think i can post links to other message boards here, so i'll just explain what i read. A kid posts a topic "Nearly flawless way to find a Pal Rappy" Out of curiosity i read it. He says you start the Fake in Yellow quest, run to where you see the Fake Rappy for the second time. Walk in, break the boxes to your right. A rappy will fall right on top of them, hit the rappy once, then pipe out. Note: He also said it only works every 1 and half hours (meaning, find a Pal, then do something else for ano hour and a half, and try again). And you have to pipe in a different spot in the room every time. And i guess a Pal will appear within' 20 pipes every time...

Sounds like BS right? I read on and more people were saying it was working for them too... So i break down and try it myself... I get to the room, follow the instructions exactly. I pipe 20 times, no luck. So i get to thinking maybe i have to hit the rappy every time i pipe. So i start doing that, 4 pipes later that VERY SAME rappy i was hitting each time, turned into a Pal. And out of pure luck, it drops me my 2nd 1975 Agito... I think aloud "You gotta be kidding me!" I go and post and give the kid props for figuring this out. Anyway i quit and save, and try a different character. Start the quest, and in the first room, another pal (who stiffed me on yet another red handgun. Quit and save again. Get to the room again and do the exact same thing as before for about 35ish pipes and get nothing. So i shut off the GC thinking it will erase the memory or something. Try same thing, still nothing. Also had a friend do it (hadn't done the quest in a while) and he didn't find one either in 50ish pipes, using same technique as me.

Even after that ungodly coincedance where i found my 2nd 1975 Agito, i'm back to thinking its bogus, and just a combination of luck and coincedance.

Try it out if your bored. And if you ask i'll PM you the link to the original post. I think thats legal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Delsaber: I know you read that topic (unless Delsaber on those boards is a different person) Anywho, im burningrush on those message boards...

Deus-Irae
Dec 28, 2003, 05:01 AM
lol, BS. odd luck there though!

Hi! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Richard
Dec 28, 2003, 05:05 AM
Ahh, good ole' GameFAQs people. You got to love the false rumors that circulate around there, I remember when they were claiming it was possible to make the Nug2000 Bazooka. At least they serve as comedic value.

No, I don't believe this at all. And I'm definitely not going to bother trying it.

Corey
Dec 28, 2003, 05:11 AM
Oh shit thats funny.Im sure that numbskull knew that enemies DONT randomly spawn counterparts offline too.
...lol....yeah right.Enimies offline are not set.>:/ Who would think this did work...

Nice luck though... O_O

Hrith
Dec 28, 2003, 07:44 AM
On 2003-12-28 01:39, Xeno_M wrote :
And if you ask i'll PM you the link to the original post. I think thats legal
No, it's not http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Xeno_M
Dec 28, 2003, 12:53 PM
lol ok, dont ask me for the link http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zarana
Dec 28, 2003, 02:09 PM
On 2003-12-28 02:05, Richard wrote:
Ahh, good ole' GameFAQs people. You got to love the false rumors that circulate around there, I remember when they were claiming it was possible to make the Nug2000 Bazooka. At least they serve as comedic value.

No, I don't believe this at all. And I'm definitely not going to bother trying it.

Oh, that thing at GameFAQs was classic. I made up so many theories about the creation of that Bazooka just to toy with people. It was tons of fun. I had already seen a Tekker picture of one on that BBS thingy, so I figured then was as good a time as any to lead the lemmings off that cliff. Heheheh.

It was so funny. They all thought I had a NUG that I made myself just because I was posting lies about making one. "Do you use a Magic Water on a GI GUE BAZOOKA?!" My goodness, that was laughable. Good times... Thanks for bringing that up, I'd almost forgotten that I myself had a role in that whole hilarious debacle. All those people led astray, all those others who said you could find it that I had to AIM to keep their big mouths shut... Oh, a time like that will never be seen on PSO again. The sheer, bright-eyed innocense of it.

"You can find the NUG."

AIM: "Yes, I know that, I'm just tricking people."

AIM reply: "Oh... Heheheh."

Richard
Dec 28, 2003, 03:12 PM
Hey, Zarana, do you remember the fabled VENUS SHOT? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

cHaOsMaZtA
Dec 28, 2003, 03:26 PM
On 2003-12-28 01:39, Xeno_M wrote:
I dont think i can post links to other message boards here, so i'll just explain what i read. A kid posts a topic "Nearly flawless way to find a Pal Rappy" Out of curiosity i read it. He says you start the Fake in Yellow quest, run to where you see the Fake Rappy for the second time. Walk in, break the boxes to your right. A rappy will fall right on top of them, hit the rappy once, then pipe out. Note: He also said it only works every 1 and half hours (meaning, find a Pal, then do something else for ano hour and a half, and try again). And you have to pipe in a different spot in the room every time. And i guess a Pal will appear within' 20 pipes every time...

Sounds like BS right? I read on and more people were saying it was working for them too... So i break down and try it myself... I get to the room, follow the instructions exactly. I pipe 20 times, no luck. So i get to thinking maybe i have to hit the rappy every time i pipe. So i start doing that, 4 pipes later that VERY SAME rappy i was hitting each time, turned into a Pal. And out of pure luck, it drops me my 2nd 1975 Agito... I think aloud "You gotta be kidding me!" I go and post and give the kid props for figuring this out. Anyway i quit and save, and try a different character. Start the quest, and in the first room, another pal (who stiffed me on yet another red handgun. Quit and save again. Get to the room again and do the exact same thing as before for about 35ish pipes and get nothing. So i shut off the GC thinking it will erase the memory or something. Try same thing, still nothing. Also had a friend do it (hadn't done the quest in a while) and he didn't find one either in 50ish pipes, using same technique as me.

Even after that ungodly coincedance where i found my 2nd 1975 Agito, i'm back to thinking its bogus, and just a combination of luck and coincedance.

Try it out if your bored. And if you ask i'll PM you the link to the original post. I think thats legal http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Delsaber: I know you read that topic (unless Delsaber on those boards is a different person) Anywho, im burningrush on those message boards...

complete and utter nonsense. its all random. BUT, a good rule of thumb for piping is 1/500 enemies will be the rare counterpart. of course thats not set in stone, but its a good rule of thumb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2003-12-28 12:28 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Dec 28, 2003, 07:49 PM
On 2003-12-28 11:09, Zarana wrote:

On 2003-12-28 02:05, Richard wrote:

Oh, that thing at GameFAQs was classic. I made up so many theories about the creation of that Bazooka just to toy with people. It was tons of fun. I had already seen a Tekker picture of one on that BBS thingy, so I figured then was as good a time as any to lead the lemmings off that cliff. Heheheh.

It was so funny. They all thought I had a NUG that I made myself just because I was posting lies about making one. "Do you use a Magic Water on a GI GUE BAZOOKA?!" My goodness, that was laughable. Good times... Thanks for bringing that up, I'd almost forgotten that I myself had a role in that whole hilarious debacle. All those people led astray, all those others who said you could find it that I had to AIM to keep their big mouths shut... Oh, a time like that will never be seen on PSO again. The sheer, bright-eyed innocense of it.

"You can find the NUG."

AIM: "Yes, I know that, I'm just tricking people."

AIM reply: "Oh... Heheheh."

You are one sadistic asshole... (god that was funny, keep up the good work)