PDA

View Full Version : Online Questions

Alkaline_Trio
Dec 28, 2003, 01:12 PM
I am planing to go online in 3 days, and I have some question regarding online play:

1.) What servers are generally duper-free or safe? I hear about servers being run over by hackers al the time.

2.) Is the language barrier while playing on different countries servers hard? I wonder if they even talk at all, or just use symbol cards or player actions.

3.) Is there any way to be sure an item is legit, or any tell tale signs that an item is or is not legit.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers. I just want to go online and have the best expirience possible. Thanks.

VioletSkye
Dec 28, 2003, 01:53 PM
On 2003-12-28 10:12, Alkaline_Trio wrote:
I am planing to go online in 3 days, and I have some question regarding online play:

1.) What servers are generally duper-free or safe? I hear about servers being run over by hackers al the time.

2.) Is the language barrier while playing on different countries servers hard? I wonder if they even talk at all, or just use symbol cards or player actions.

3.) Is there any way to be sure an item is legit, or any tell tale signs that an item is or is not legit.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers. I just want to go online and have the best expirience possible. Thanks.

1. Dupers have the same access to servers that you do, so there isn't any "safe haven" where dupers fear to tread lol. Stay away from Vega obviously and Antares is getting bad as well but in time you'll find other legits to hang with. Try the Player matchup forum, you'll find lots of fellow legit players you can adventure with.

2. Depends. On the EU servers many of them speak English so its not a problem. On the JP, servers, you'll be using word select alot more.

3. Duped items are EXACTLY the same as the legit item that was used to create it, ergo you can't tell the difference. However, there are "standard" dupes floating around that have the same general stat structure. Chances are if an item is an 11 star item or higher and someone is willing to just give it to you, it is more than likely a dupe. Also if an item has 100%'s in the areas where %'s can be raised, chances are high that its a dupe. Basically use your head and think about it logically. If in your online career, you inadvertently trade for a dupe, its not the end of the world and in time you'll start to recognize the items that are mass duped and have become common.

Most of all, just have fun and enjoy the socail aspect of the game. As I said, in time you'll find some really good friends that you'll want to level with and that you can trust to trade with.

Vicious128
Dec 28, 2003, 11:13 PM
Well VioletSkye basically summed it up all those ponderable questions. I'll give my own two cents.

1) Yes, the servers can be accessed by anyone and anyone. Legit or not, no one can avoid
either. You can make a game called "Legits-Only" and some cheater would whimsically
join it anyway. Some good places like Deneb 9 and occasionally Anteres 8 are good.

2) Yes, a great sum of the EU players do speak English since I know 5 currently. But somethings they say are kind of odd, but interesting. Like their X'mas is called Crimbo over there n_n;. Also, their great to carry on conversations with. Unfortunately many JP players do no know any or very little English, so yes you will frequently find yourself using the word select, especially in Challenge mode.

3) No, there is absolutely no way an item is legit unless you find it yourself(along with
others). To follow up on Violet's "standard dupes", watch out for Dark Flows, "TJ"
Swords, Double Cannons, and Black King Bars. Those are mostly main stream weapons
horribly abused by cheaters who really don't want to play the game right.

And yes, enjoy the game. If your having problems with other people, simply leave the game. Their usually people that are hated by many others besides yourself.

I'll be glad to play with ya also. Look for a tall FOmar dressed in blue with black hair that
goes by the name of Serra. I'm usually hanging out in Deneb 1/1 and/or Anteres 8/10. So
hope to meet you soon.

Connecting to the World of PSO.
Welcome to the World of PSO.