PDA

View Full Version : Soul Caliber + PSO = A good idea?

Robo47
Dec 28, 2003, 04:29 PM
I might make a fanfic after my other project but I need an idea, I'm thinking crossover with Soul Caliber 2. Good idea or no? If not, then what should I integrate PSO with? (keep in mind that I did Megaman + PSO before)

White_Knight
Dec 28, 2003, 05:32 PM
It depends on how you plan to intagrate the two I guess but it sounds intresting

Robo47
Dec 28, 2003, 06:04 PM
Well here is a summary:

A HUmar is traveling through the Ruins when a Dimenian drops a metal fragment, the HUmar picks it up and he passes out, during that time the fragment shows him the legacy of warriors that have tried to claim the Soul Edge for themselves. When he awakens
he is no longer in the Ruins but on a windmill and witnesses a battle between Spawn and Necrid. Later on he gets challenged to a fight and when he reaches for his Last Survivior he notices that the Soul Edge has integrated itself into the sword.

PS: this will have more fighters than SC2,a few suprises await.

PPS: the extra fighters will be ones that SHOULD hve been there in the first place.

Monomate
Dec 28, 2003, 06:20 PM
On 2003-12-28 15:04, Robo47 wrote:
Well here is a summary:

A HUmar is traveling through the Ruins when a Dimenian drops a metal fragment, the HUmar picks it up and he passes out, during that time the fragment shows him the legacy of warriors that have tried to claim the Soul Edge for themselves. When he awakens
he is no longer in the Ruins but on a windmill and witnesses a battle between Spawn and Necrid. Later on he gets challenged to a fight and when he reaches for his Last Survivior he notices that the Soul Edge has integrated itself into the sword.

PS: this will have more fighters than SC2,a few suprises await.

PPS: the extra fighters will be ones that SHOULD hve been there in the first place.

Sounds good. I think you should do it.

Robo47
Dec 28, 2003, 07:35 PM
No one will hate me if I use too many chaacters from other games will they?

I might put in Cloud, Goku (from Saiyan Saga w/ powerpole), Vash the Stampede, and Kirby.

Stormsworder
Dec 28, 2003, 07:39 PM
Sure, that would work. My story is a cross between PSO and SCII, and it worked out pretty well.

Skuda
Dec 28, 2003, 07:44 PM
sounds pretty interesting, but my advice would be not to integrate too many other games into it. depending on what you are planning that is.

ladyjaderiver
Dec 28, 2003, 08:07 PM
Sounds cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Robo47
Dec 28, 2003, 09:09 PM
On 2003-12-28 16:39, Stormsworder wrote:
Sure, that would work. My story is a cross between PSO and SCII, and it worked out pretty well.

Hey, you made one? Whats it called? I might just make a different one now. I don't think
I saw your fic before... sorry.

Sunblast
Dec 29, 2003, 07:08 PM
Sorry to say it, but I don't like the looks of it. A lot of games just don't fit together, especially since PSO is futuristic and Soul Caliber 2 is medieval (it is, isn't it?). You could still do it, as it could be pretty entertaining. Digi-Dolphin has PSO and Animal Crossing. They probably shouldn't mix, but he did a great job with it. I love that fic. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ladyjaderiver
Dec 29, 2003, 11:46 PM
*whispers* It's "calibur" btw, not "caliber"...

White_Knight
Dec 30, 2003, 01:07 AM
SC is not medivel but it isn't futureistic either it ismodern or atleast a few years back anyway I'm preaty sure

Arislan
Dec 30, 2003, 01:18 AM
1600s. The time of Arbalests, swordsmanship, and pagan religion. This is the time of Soul Calibur.

shinto_kuji
Dec 30, 2003, 01:28 AM
dont take my word on it since i know pretty much nothing... but, i don't think its too good of an idea. it depends on how you execute it, though. if you basically make it dealing with soul edge, thats ok, but having the characters somehow evading time (immortals?) seems odd. unless of course you actually make your character from pso go back in time. meh... then theres kirby and goku and cloud... trying to not be too negative, but they are rather obvious choices, no? almost too common of characters.

KaFKa
Dec 30, 2003, 01:33 AM
i agree with shinto, too many characters, too many different sets of physics, and too damn many fanboys... oh, sorry...

i think its a good idea, the soul caliber and PSO idea. but goku? -_-;; megaman is kind aunorigonal, and really has no place in something like that. but i think its not as bad as random.com goku...

Digi-Dolphin
Dec 30, 2003, 05:09 PM
On 2003-12-29 16:08, Sunblast wrote:
Sorry to say it, but I don't like the looks of it. A lot of games just don't fit together, especially since PSO is futuristic and Soul Caliber 2 is medieval (it is, isn't it?). You could still do it, as it could be pretty entertaining. Digi-Dolphin has PSO and Animal Crossing. They probably shouldn't mix, but he did a great job with it. I love that fic. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hello! Um, thanks for the comment, I really appreciate it. Crossover fanfics with PSO are kinda difficult, but with a good idea of what you want to happen in mind, and plenty of story notes to help the writing process, any game crossed with PSO can make a good story. Try checking out various other games to see how they can blend with the PSO universe. I chose Animal Crossing because they were so vastly different from one another but at the same time had some similar elements (rare hunting, custom characters, handheld items to use to get other items). I'm happy that Phantasy Crossing, the fic I have here, is doing so well for an experiment. I never tried a crossover like that before.

Um.... BTW.....

I'm a girl. ^-^;;;;;

Sorry! LOL, guess I should have made it more apparent earlier! Good luck writing your stories, everyone! Stormsworder, I like how your's is going, I wouldn't have thought of the Soul Calibur crossover and Kireek was a great choice for the evil villain, providing we don't go into what happened to him offline.

Robo47
Dec 30, 2003, 06:59 PM
Ooh ooh ooh! I got an idea! What about PSO and Final Fantasy? PSO and Tony Hawk Underground http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif? PSO and Madden 2004 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif? PSO and Turok? PSO and Legend of Zelda? PSO and The Matrix?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robo47 on 2003-12-30 16:06 ]</font>

Robo47
Dec 30, 2003, 07:07 PM
On 2003-12-29 22:33, KaFKa wrote:
i agree with shinto, too many characters, too many different sets of physics, and too damn many fanboys... oh, sorry...

i think its a good idea, the soul caliber and PSO idea. but goku? -_-;; megaman is kind aunorigonal, and really has no place in something like that. but i think its not as bad as random.com goku...

Are you aware that I said it was already done?

Robo47
Dec 30, 2003, 07:09 PM
Screw it, I'm going with PSO and Tony Hawks Underground. Original and a challenge to do!