PDA

View Full Version : Frozen screen of death question

Vicious128
Dec 29, 2003, 10:35 AM
My question is, what is fsod? Like how it is, what causes it. In general just about everything understandable about it. I mean, I believe we've all got hit by it before, I just think it would be kind of interesting (hopefully) to know more about it

Thanks in advance.

Skuda
Dec 29, 2003, 04:00 PM
nevr...I mean NEVER turn off your gamecube when it is saveing and never unplug anythign when it is saving. If you do, you have a VERY high chance of FSOD!!! *dun dun dun* There are a few ways to save yourself. If you delete your guild card file, and start up again, it might remake it and save your data. this only works if your guild card file is teh one that corrupted. don't do this with any of the other files...or your whole file is toast. the otehr way...put in a non corrupt memory card in slot A and start it up. take it to the start screen and put the corrupt memory card in slot A in place of the non-corrupt. that should save ya. as long as the game is not saving, you have a good chance of not getting FSOD if it shuts off.

Vicious128
Dec 29, 2003, 07:59 PM
I think i have already figured out all those things you said above. I mean, this is my 3rd year into the game. To be more specific, I want to know more of the technical side of the fsod.

oh, and by the way, those methods to save the file work 1/4th of the time.

Vicious128
Dec 31, 2003, 09:46 PM
Well seems nobody cares about the most annoying thing to happen to us during gameplay. Oh, btw the way, Happy New Year Everyone!

Amiadon
Jan 2, 2004, 06:38 AM
I care! I just don't know how it happens...

VioletSkye
Jan 2, 2004, 01:10 PM
I would assume its a packet issue. Considering that it rarely happens to BBA users and almost never to those of us using a router which filters out bad packets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-02 10:10 ]</font>

Myopathy
Jan 3, 2004, 02:34 AM
On 2004-01-02 10:10, VioletSkye wrote:
I would assume its a packet issue. Considering that it rarely happens to BBA users and almost never to those of us using a router which filters out bad packets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-02 10:10 ]</font>

Just a question, I use a BBA and FSOD rarely happens, like you said. In the last three days, however, I've FSODed twice. Also in the last three days, I've been playing on the JP servers. Is the fact I'm playing on their server increasing my chances of FSOD? And if so, how come? Thanks!

Neith
Feb 18, 2004, 04:58 PM
I use BBA and ive had FSOD about 6 times in the last month, damn it. Lost a demolition comet, BKB, and legit Yamigarasu to it,as well as a LOT of money. Maybe it happens when your connection isnt very strong, happens sometimes with broadband??

DOUBLE SAVE SHOULD BE SCRAPPED!!!!

Rich_T
Feb 18, 2004, 05:23 PM
ive had FSOD about 3 times since ep1&2 came out, i connect using an ADSL broadband service, thtas a PPOA service 512kb downstream/215 upstream, provideed by Freeserve (UK) for £7.99 per month, the distance to my exchange is under 1 kilometer.
I used ot conect using internet conection sharing on a USB modem, now i use a modem router.

On the dreamcast using a 33.6k modem, i had regular FSODs.

zepher
Feb 18, 2004, 08:06 PM
if you ask me getting FSODed is a common thing (damn vega damn!) to me FSOD only happens online when someone freezes your screen (or rathar character) in the lobby. and it seems you will have to turn off your GC or Xbox (fer me its GC) and when you come back all the items your carrying is gone except for the ones you have equiped. Once i got FSOD 3 times a night...that was crazy i lost so much legit things. I think the only to avoid it is to AVOID VEGA...damn pplz there. and try not to SHOW OFF and carry so much rare items with you too. Otherwise it shouldnt be that much of a problem...

*shrugs*