PDA

View Full Version : Level up the Darvant way!

anwserman
Dec 30, 2003, 02:43 AM
You know those darvants that Falz spits out? They give you 25exp. on ultimate mode for each one killed. He spits an unlimited supply of those suckers during the boss battle (while he has the 2nd form going, where he has the three head bace)... kill them. Kill them while acknowledging the fact that Falz could very well kill you.

Yeah, its more deadly then the rest of all the 'quick level tricks' (PSOX doesn't have TTF right now) but it takes away the pain and hasseling of finding a recobox or a canabin ring (*cough*).. and it replaces it with the fact that you probably will die....

P.S. This isn't an exploit, it seems like nobody ever thinks of this when levelling up. Actually, the EXP gained from this isn't worth it unless you kill the darvants instantly... :sigh:

Floatycoat
Dec 30, 2003, 02:55 AM
oh? never knew that

Floatycoat
Dec 30, 2003, 02:57 AM
hey why is it repeating!

Heero_Yuy0w0
Dec 30, 2003, 02:58 AM
I've thought about this, but they just don't give good enough EXP.

Spider
Dec 30, 2003, 04:44 AM
Yeah if you wanted 26 exp per enemy you'd be better off playing normal mode, not ultimate.

Jools
Dec 30, 2003, 11:07 AM
Can anyone tell me what recoboxes or a canabin rings have to do with leveling up?

Jools

Black000Moon
Dec 30, 2003, 11:29 AM
recoboxes: they send out recons which u can keep on killing(unlimited supply). So you can just keep killing recons until u kill the box.
dunno about canabin rings not on ultimate = (

anwserman
Dec 30, 2003, 11:55 AM
Basically, there are those rings of Canabins, where you kill too many the rest of the ring disappears. Well, you kill enough to get worthwhile exp., pipe back to town and viola!... the canabins that were destroyed are back.

Stupid, stupid way to level up. Too long... just play through the freakin' level dangit!

KaFKa
Dec 30, 2003, 12:46 PM
theres also that buclaw trick...

badbitz
Dec 30, 2003, 12:54 PM
never heard of it

kevlar_pso
Dec 30, 2003, 01:02 PM
I had thot about that, but I would rather lev up after killin Falz.

Rogue100
Dec 30, 2003, 01:45 PM
This couldn't be effective! On Ultimate, Falz will be doing enough damage to you, that you will run out of TP/Healing Items long before you gain enough experience to be worthwhile!

KaFKa
Dec 30, 2003, 01:50 PM
On 2003-12-30 10:45, Rogue100 wrote:
This couldn't be effective! On Ultimate, Falz will be doing enough damage to you, that you will run out of TP/Healing Items long before you gain enough experience to be worthwhile!

naw, really? i thought falz was just a little pansy that couldnt kill a lvel 200 hacked HUmar... my mistake

seriously though, the darvant thing Is true, but kinda worthless and fruitless, IMO.

the buclaw trick is simple. (and useful when trying to get rare from a claw x.x) you just let a buclaw 'bite' you, let it's little claws appear, kill the claws, then pipe back up to p2, rinse, repeat

Butoden
Dec 30, 2003, 02:03 PM
I think there's enough of those little sucker Claws in the Ruins to make more for free though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I personally think they're 1 of the most annoying enemies since they float and sometimes you can't hit them because they're elevating high and low http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

LamerPanda
Dec 30, 2003, 02:53 PM
recoboxes: they send out recons which u can keep on killing(unlimited supply). So you can just keep killing recons until u kill the box.

Recoboxes always stop spitting out recons for me eventually. o_o Monests don't spit out unlimited mothmants, either. I left it alone for an hour once and when I came back, the box was still just sitting there, I had to pipe to reset it.

Honestly, it's a lot easier to just do runs of any stage, and most runs will give you a chance to net a rare. Whoo.

Nai_Calus
Dec 30, 2003, 07:35 PM
Darvants piss me off when I'm getting to Ult offline. Thank god Gizonde doesn't do piss to them, lol, or I never would have made Ult at L40 on my FOnewearl. XD

Uh, if you're just killing part of the ring with weapons or something, you're doing it wrong. You lay a pipe, stand in it, have yer Rafoie on B or X, Rafoie until they go foom, and pipe before the Canuwhatsit disappears. Then you pipe down, you've got a fresh ring, and you pipe again, then nuke. Works best with a Force. Very very boring, but effective and less painful if you're trying to get to a sane level than endless Caves runs or painful Mines runs. If you figure out how many Rafoies it takes, you can do it mindlessly while you do something else. It works best for getting from a middling level to a less middling one. Like about 80 to 100. After that it takes too much exp to level to make it worth it and you're better off doing TTF if you're online. Offline only it's boring, but works well enough. *shrug*

...I never have gotten Zero through Mines. I've got Seabed with him, but not Ruins. LOL. I could probably melee it by now. Without hax0rz/dupes, lol.

VioletSkye
Dec 30, 2003, 07:39 PM
Actually people who recobox, use the recoboxes that DON't spit out recons. They use an exp stealing wep and the rest you can figure out.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Dec 30, 2003, 07:46 PM
KaFKa, do the Claws drop items every time you do that? With the Canabin trick, they only drop items the first time they're killed.

And if you're really bored, try letting a Pan Arms split, killing one of its parts, then piping back. I call it... the Pan Arms trick http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JohanCC
Dec 30, 2003, 08:08 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=590

KaFKa
Dec 30, 2003, 08:12 PM
On 2003-12-30 16:46, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
KaFKa, do the Claws drop items every time you do that?

yes...