PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: A Boogie Bop Blues short story: The interrogation of

shinto_kuji
Dec 30, 2003, 02:54 PM
well, i know my "episode" wasnt very long, but i don't intend them to be. think of it almost as a series on tv maybe. while the whole mystery surrounding Cass and Black Paper will always be there, take into account that Cass is a bounty hunter. This basically leaves me to do whatever i want with it^-^ anyways, as for this, a brief summary. Cass gets back to Pioneer 2 and is talked to by the military, taken away, and you guessed it... interrogated. It wasn't long enough to really make it worth anything soooo, hello short story=p.

-----

A Boogie Bop Blues short story: The Interrogation of Cassidy Beouregard.
by:shinto_kuji

----------

Cass pulled back on the decellerator as he neared the sector his apartment was located. The Blue Bop hovered there, mid-air, as the youthful man looked below him. The fire had been extinguished by the snow and now a large crowd had gathered. Military soldiers were there also, some holding their positions, some pushing back people getting too close.

"Dammit, P.T." Cass frowned. "Let's hide The Blue Bop first."

"Yes, Sir."

"You know the drill. Noone talks, noone gets hurt. Don't let them scare you, P.T."

"Yes, Sir."

Cass landed The Blue Bop in a deserted section of the area, in a small warehouse he had purchased specifically for this purpose. After securing his ship's safety, him and P.T. began to head back for home. Through the snow, through the crowd, up to his apartment's front door. A soldier, clad in white and brown camoflouge, stepped in front of the entrance.

"This is a secure zone. Noone is to be admitted without permission from the general." the man stated.

Cass looked straight at the soldier, as if peering into his soul. The soldier squirmed. "Is it really? I hadn't noticed. I was just going in for my coat, O.K.?" Cass asked with a menacing grin on his face. The soldier stepped aside, and Cass emerged a few seconds later wearing a green sports coat to match his green slacks. Surprisingly, it was one of the few things that had survived the attack.

"Come on P.T., lets go see general." Cass, with P.T. alongside, pushed through the crowd and approached a rough looking man engaged in conversation with another man. "General?" Cass asked the rough man.

The man looked Cass up and down before answering, "No. I'm the general's first man. You can call me Dance, if you wish." Dance, sporting similar wear as the soldiers, but also wearing a scruffy beard, pointed to the man at his right. "This is General."

General's expression didn't change. "And who are you?" he asked Cass.

"I live here. Some soldier said I should speak with you." Cass was hardly surprised when General and Dance, accompanied by two soldiers, grabbed Cass and P.T. and nearly dragged them away.

A little while later, the group approached a small apartment building and went inside. It was dark with two rooms, each outfitted with a couch and table with a lamp on it. Cass watched P.T. as she was directed towards the other room. "Remember what I told you P.T.," Cass cried out before the door was slammed shut.

General and Dance sat Cass down on the couch and turned on the lamp. Dance stood in the corner of the room then, the shadows covering his face. General started. "Who are you?" he asked Cass.

"Cassidy Beouregard," came the response.

"How are you connected with what happened earlier today?"

"What happened?"

General remained unphased. He knew that this Cassidy was connected now, but until they got information from him, they could do him no harm. General continued, "Your apartment got destroyed. Did you have anything to do with it?"

"Why would I blow up my own home?"

"The last thing we need is someone or someones disturbing the peace. We have enough on our hands."

"Like sending your men to Ragol to die?"

General's eyes narrowed. "This would go alot smoother if you cooperated."

"Would it?" Cass put his arms behind his head and rested his feet on the table.

"Do you know who destroyed your apartment?"

"You figure it out. Your such good detectives after all." Cass grinned.

General growled. "Soldiers report seeing two spacecrafts. One a stolen military vessel."

"Really, now? How about that..." Cass lit up a cigarette.

General slammed his fists on the table and threw the lighted cigarette on the floor.

"You could start a fire like that."

General turned around and faced the wall, trying to keep his calm. "We can get information, son. One way or another."

Cass looked up at the man. "I know my rights. You can't lay a finger on me until you connect me to what happened. For all you know, I'm a victim of a terrorist act and I should be reembursed for the damages. By law, you can't do jack crap old man."

General glared at Cass and, with an unusual tone to his voice, said, "Son, we ARE the law."

"Can I go now? I have things to do, and buy."

General looked at Dance. "Get them the hell out of here."

Later, after being released, Cass and P.T. walked towards the shopping district in the area. "You didn't talk did you P.T.?" he asked the android.

"No, Sir."

Cass lit another cigarette and continued walking on. He grimaced as he neared the shop windows. "God, I hate shopping." He inhaled on his cigarette and blew a puff of smoke into the crisp, cold air.

THE END

----------

well thats it... kind of something i just felt like writing^-^

RubyEclipse
Dec 30, 2003, 03:18 PM
Cool story! Your title almost reminds of me of Boogiepop Phantom, (I think that was the title) which was a really dark, creepy anime.

Instead of creating lots of threads for stories that all tie in closely, I would suggest keeping one main thread and simply putting them as chapters.

But anyways, cool story!

--Ruby Eclipse

shinto_kuji
Dec 30, 2003, 03:39 PM
well, the reason i didnt do that is because each episode of this fanfic is barely, i mean barely, even connected. the end of the 1st episode was gonna be the end of that "story", but i wanted to write out this little idea i had =p each new episode will be longer then the first one so there shouldnt be too many threads made, but mods, if it starts to take up too much space i can try and figure out a way to have it all in one thread =S

p.s. thanks for compliment^_^ and ya, boogie pop phantom is yet another anime i get inspiration from=p