PDA

View Full Version : Mag Revival

BullKathos
Dec 30, 2003, 09:14 PM
I was wondering what are the odds of your mag reviving you after death. I have a rati and i have had other mags that say they are supposed to revive you when you die but none of them ever did. Even with full syncro and I.Q. they dont do anything.

Do you have to be a certain level for this to happen or what? Is it completly random on the odds or is it calculated? Does class matter? Thanks in advance!

JohanCC
Dec 30, 2003, 09:17 PM
It's completley random, I'm guessing about 1/100 odds.

Lone_HUmar
Dec 30, 2003, 09:22 PM
It's Depending on it's Sychrono

ERS
Dec 30, 2003, 09:41 PM
No, it isn't. I've had mags with 120% Synchro and 200IQ and nothing has happened.. The same with other people here. It's another random chance.

Lone_HUmar
Dec 30, 2003, 09:42 PM
On 2003-12-30 18:41, ERS wrote:
No, it isn't. I've had mags with 120% Synchro and 200IQ and nothing has happened.. The same with other people here. It's another random chance.

Yes...it's that's true.

Myopathy
Dec 30, 2003, 09:43 PM
And I think the random chance is pretty small...

The number of times my Sato just floats over my dead body like an idiot FAR outnumbers the times he's done something other then float over my dead body like an idiot.

You'd think with an IQ of 200, he's know better...

[EDIT] Hehe...grammar sucked on the first attempt http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2003-12-30 18:44 ]</font>

Lone_HUmar
Dec 30, 2003, 09:45 PM
On 2003-12-30 18:43, Ezellaur wrote:
And I think the random chance is pretty small...

The number of times my Sato just floats over my dead body like an idiot FAR outnumbers the times he's done something other then float over my dead body like an idiot.

You'd think with an IQ of 200, he's know better...

[EDIT] Hehe...grammar sucked on the first attempt http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2003-12-30 18:44 ]</font>

Yes, But, Sato's have better revival rates than Rukmin http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BullKathos
Dec 31, 2003, 01:29 PM
do different mags have different revival rates?

PaleKid15
Dec 31, 2003, 01:50 PM
No.

Synchro does effect the likelyhood of your mag casting reverser, as it does for all mag abilities. But, as in all of PSO, it's still pretty random. My mags (120%S,200IQ) bring me back about 1/10 deaths. (no, it was not a scape doll) And my mag revived me 7 times in a row against DF, the first time I fought him with my FOnewearl (once again, no scape dolls). These numbers are just guesses, but I think a mag with no synchro will revive you approx. 1% of the time, and 120%synchro will revive you 20% of the time (that has been my experience anyway). However, it is pretty much a roll of the dice. Say your mag "rolls a 100 sided die" when you die. With a 20% revival rate,1-20=revive and 21-100=nothing. You could get 21 every time and not get revived, however it is still theoretically more possible than if you had no synchro. Remember, those numbers were just guesses, but the theory makes sense.

Ketchup345
Dec 31, 2003, 02:03 PM
On 2003-12-31 10:29, BullKathos wrote:
do different mags have different revival rates?

I think that the rare Episode 1&2 Mags do have a higher revival chance than non-rre.

My current Rati once revived me twice in a row, and revives a good % of the time. I agree, it may be 20% chance of revive, maybe 10%, for rare Mags to cast Reverser with 120% Synch and 200 IQ.

While a Kama I had never cast Reverser one me, except for once. Also, I died much more using Kama than Rati, and was only revived once with max Synch and IQ.

Eeyore
Dec 31, 2003, 04:35 PM
It's possiible certain mags revive more often than others. At least on the Dreamcast versions, the soniti had a higher chance triggering invincibility, so it was the best mag. Is Soniti still like that?

Lone_HUmar
Dec 31, 2003, 04:44 PM
On 2003-12-31 13:35, Eeyore wrote:
It's possiible certain mags revive more often than others. At least on the Dreamcast versions, the soniti had a higher chance triggering invincibility, so it was the best mag. Is Soniti still like that?

No, it's the same as all the mags now i.e. Sato...

Zebulan7
Dec 31, 2003, 04:52 PM
While offline I was revived three times in a row by my mag while fighting Vol Opt. I had no scape dolls on me. It was rather scary, yet nice, since I won.

I had my Clam, as usual.

Skorpius
Dec 31, 2003, 05:00 PM
synchro is only for PB reasons, how fast you gain it, and how powerfull your blasts are.
IQ is for bonuses, mainly how often you get them.

i should add: all bonuses are random from a ratio, that ratio gearing toward your favor as IQ is higher. i.e. 120 IQ, good chance of getting a bonus

and also adding:
Bonus = boss fight, 10% hp, full PB, death

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2003-12-31 14:01 ]</font>

JohanCC
Dec 31, 2003, 05:04 PM
My Kapu Kapu with 120% Sync and 200IQ very very rarely revives me. 1/100 may be a bit exaggerating, but still its only like 4% of the time for me.

Skuda
Dec 31, 2003, 06:11 PM
weird thing has happened to me with mags. My first mag, Kama, It revived me a whole lot. then it stopped doing it. I switched to my new Bhima and it revived me alot. then it stoped doing it. maybe they get bored of saving me in tight spots.

lain2k3
Dec 31, 2003, 06:24 PM
never, ever got my mag to revive me.

over 800 deaths between my characters, not one reveival.

I wouldnt believe you guys if I hadnt seen palekids mag bring him back to life 30-40 times in the seabed.

His mag fucking stands there and casts reverser while he's on pioneer 2.

navci
Dec 31, 2003, 06:38 PM
Yes, But, Sato's have better revival rates than Rukmin http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rukmin doesn't revive, period.

NodMan
Dec 31, 2003, 06:42 PM

Then your mag must not be one that revives you after death! I had a PIAN with 15% Synchro and 200 IQ against Ult. Falz and I died and it revived me! I think it just depends on the mag!

lain2k3
Dec 31, 2003, 07:42 PM
On 2003-12-31 15:42, NodMan wrote:

Then your mag must not be one that revives you after death! I had a PIAN with 15% Synchro and 200 IQ against Ult. Falz and I died and it revived me! I think it just depends on the mag!

no, it depends on your personal luck.

(read: non-existant)

Myopathy
Dec 31, 2003, 11:26 PM
On 2003-12-31 15:38, navi wrote:

Rukmin doesn't revive, period.

Well...I guess Sato's would be better than...hehe

Anyway, I'm pretty sure bonuses depend on IQ and NOT Synchro. Either way, I pride myself in keeping both high. I've gotten very good at shoving 3 Star Atomizers down my cat's throat in the middle of battle http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif. Although, my Sato does make me invincible a relatively large % of the time, he never revives me. Or if he ever does, I never notice lol.

Ghost007
Jan 1, 2004, 12:40 AM
I neglect my Nidra and it revives me literally all the time, its my pernament scape.....

PaleKid15
Jan 1, 2004, 09:20 PM
On 2003-12-31 14:00, Skorpius wrote:
synchro is only for PB reasons, how fast you gain it, and how powerfull your blasts are.
IQ is for bonuses, mainly how often you get them.

i should add: all bonuses are random from a ratio, that ratio gearing toward your favor as IQ is higher. i.e. 120 IQ, good chance of getting a bonus

and also adding:
Bonus = boss fight, 10% hp, full PB, death

I am fairly sure that synchro effects abilities. Either that or my 0% synchro mags never using a single ability and my 120% synchro mags almost always using thier abilities is just a coincidence (in pso, anything is possible).

BTW- What the hell does IQ do? My mags have quite a range of IQ's, and I can't tell the difference in there performance. Please tell me where you got the info too.

Myopathy
Jan 1, 2004, 10:04 PM
Hmmm, well the guides on this site don't seem to coorespond to each other.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1034
This one says

The higher your SYNC is, the faster your photon blast gauge will fill. The higher your IQ is, the more likely a bonus will be to appear, and it will make the bonus last longer. SYNC will max at 120% IQ will max at 200

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1027
And this one says

IQ - This rates how powerful a MAG is when performing actions and PBs. The maximum is 200.
Synchro - This rates how well a MAG responds to its master. Higher Synchro results in faster photon energy charging and better odds that the MAG will perform an action.

Hmmm...I've always thought Sync affected how fast the bar filled, AND the potency of the bonus. And IQ determined if the mag would cast the bonus or not.

Now I don't know what to think...I am confused...