PDA

View Full Version : J/Z

RedRage
Dec 31, 2003, 11:26 AM
I was wondering if there were any items that increase the range of J/Z, since there are so many that increase S/D range.

Kupi
Dec 31, 2003, 11:32 AM
I don't think there are any, actually. J/Z's range expands with level, though, unlike S/D, which are fixed. So, if you want a J/Z with longer range, get better tech disks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NodMan
Dec 31, 2003, 06:45 PM
On 2003-12-31 08:32, Kupi wrote:
I don't think there are any, actually. J/Z's range expands with level, though, unlike S/D, which are fixed. So, if you want a J/Z with longer range, get better tech disks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Not true! There are no items that increase the range of Jellen and Zalure execpt for higher disks! But as for Shifta and Deband they do increase with range if you use a higher level disk!

BullKathos
Dec 31, 2003, 07:00 PM
Yea thats why you cant use s/d or resta on your team because the range is too small. But at level 3 both can be used on teamates because the range increases. At level 2 it locks on but it doesnt do anything i think.

lain2k3
Dec 31, 2003, 07:24 PM
yeah, but PAST LEVEL 3, s/d ranges are fixed.

RedRage
Jan 1, 2004, 10:03 PM
there really should be Jellen and Zalure merges that would be kick ass for hunters.

Myopathy
Jan 1, 2004, 10:29 PM
I'm a J/Z-impaired HUnewearl. I NEVER think of using the spells at all. Even when I'm playing a support role. The only time I've ever used it is when I was helping some friends level up to get to level 60 so they could play Very Hard. And that's only because I was not attacking at all and was basically playing the "Human shield" role. Is that a bad thing?

BullKathos
Jan 1, 2004, 11:19 PM
No its not really bad but jellen is extremely useful. At higher levels its like being back in normal forest. The monsters barely hurt you and you can just crush the hell out of them. I always keep one key binded to jellen unless im in a boss fight.

Nai_Calus
Jan 2, 2004, 03:40 PM
Yes. Very bad. On Ult online, they're practically a necessity, especially in some areas. You know it when you do 0 damage to an Ill Gill with L30 Shifta, and then the Force Zalures it, and suddenly you're pulling 140 or more. Consider the ridiculous ATP of a Delbiter, and consider what L30 Jellen -does- to that. Hell, even offline even my HUmar's L15 Jellen rapes things in Seabed. Dead on a crit or even a normal hit to still alive and maybe even enough HP to take another hit? Oh hell yes.

I go so far as to consider Forces who don't J/Z incompetent at their role. In fact, that's my priority with my FOs. If our S/D wears off at the beginning of a wave, I J/Z first, -then- worry about renewing our S/D. I think that's why I couldn't stand my RAmar and killed him, no J/Z. Don't forget that a J/Z is just as effective a tag as Rafoie. Unless you're determined to get kill exp, J/Z works just fine. The only place I support/tolerate Rafoie spam is on floor 8 of East Tower, as it keeps the Del Lillies in place so we can kill them without worry about stray Megid.

Myopathy
Jan 2, 2004, 09:48 PM
Well I played a support HUnewearl today and tried it out. I can't say I noticed a drastic difference with zalure (although there was a difference), but jellen was surely doing something.

Genoa
Jan 3, 2004, 09:34 PM
That's why i'm mourning to go online with my FOmar. I would be able to fight in melee and techniques. And also play a really good support role (I wear 4 God/techs so all my Techs are maxed-out) Do you know how good it is to have Lvl. 30 S/D and the enemy be Lvl.30 J/Z ?! Especially when you have mechguns. S/Z become really good. Practically 3x the damage. And D/J make damage utter crap. Ult-Forest. My FOmar (without techs), takes about 150 damage from a Bartle hit. But if I use D/J, he does about 12 damage. S/D & J/Z for RAmarl and HUneweal are very good. I don't know why most of them don't use J/Z. I guess i've been FOmar so long I just use techs with all humans/newmans.

Myopathy
Jan 3, 2004, 10:37 PM
On 2004-01-03 18:34, MegamanX wrote:
I wear 4 God/techs so all my Techs are maxed-out

Why don't you just take some time and hunt down some disks? That way, you can use those slots for other things.

Genoa
Jan 5, 2004, 05:36 PM
My disks are really low, and I have a hard time finding high-lvl disks. And I want all of them to be lvl.30. I just recently found a Grants Lvl.26! So cool, anyway, I'm thinking of making a FOneweal(pinkal), to get disks for her and Geno.

anwserman
Jan 5, 2004, 07:11 PM
Kinda like those Elf/Arm slot items.... I decided to switch mags with my HUmar (who had a incomplete Hamburger at the time, due to an ever generous St. Rappy), raised the dex to 76 and now I have a permanent Elf/Arm equipped per say. My old mag had 50 Dex on it, so the 26 Dex difference gives me +13 ATA (one Elf/Arm, give or take 1 or 2 ATA points). Can use that for a xxx/Battle or Resist/Devil. Very nifty.

Yeah, hunt down disks, or trade for 'em. Thats what I do.

Genoa
Jan 5, 2004, 08:07 PM
not online, and I have the best characterd out of all my friends.

navci
Jan 5, 2004, 08:12 PM
I go so far as to consider Forces who don't J/Z incompetent at their role.

This I agree to. At level 25+ the J/Z ranges are really, really, really great. I'm going to say that it is about the range of a mech gun plus some. Maybe kinda like... Rafoie. So as the FO, you can tag things really effectively and vola! After Jellen, the monsters can't really hurt you, and after Zalure, you actually do damage to the monsters! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

J/Z are very good ranged, I don't really think it needs a boost.

Genoa
Jan 5, 2004, 08:21 PM
I guess some people are just too lazy to use it, I'm not though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif