PDA

View Full Version : If Episode 1 & 2 comes out for the PC, would you buy it?

Zinger314
Dec 31, 2003, 05:06 PM
If it was 100% hack-Proof (and montly fees were good), I would buy it in a split second. I know there was an article saying it would come out on the PC, but I have not heard anything about it since.

Lone_HUmar
Dec 31, 2003, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't buy it, i can't leave all my stuff 100 players and ect. for a Computer ver. besides, i'm offline right now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mman2000
Dec 31, 2003, 06:42 PM
The thing is that it's NOT going to be hack proof. A good memory editor is all you'd need.

BullKathos
Dec 31, 2003, 06:53 PM
The computer version will probably be hacked to
death in a matter of weeks. I Know that since its on your p.c. there could be more patches but unless they have patches weekly there is no chance. I am going to stick with the console versions. There is alot less in the name of hacks that are going to be available to it.

Zinger314
Dec 31, 2003, 07:04 PM
It has server side saving, which leads me to believe that most work would be done on the server. If so, it's impossibile to hack without ST knowing.

Nai_Calus
Jan 1, 2004, 01:03 PM
Nope. Not likely, unless they actually let you connect to the GC servers. *points to online friends* Since this will never happen, no.

Heero_Yuy0w0
Jan 1, 2004, 02:01 PM
I actually probrably would. But only cause I could put it on my laptop, and that'd mean I could play PSO even more. = D

Thepandaman
Jan 1, 2004, 02:48 PM
I would certainly consider it, though i'd say it would be much better if the controls were a W,S,A,D and mouse for movement, like the view in GTA: VC or any other 3rd person game like that. Of course that would add in the abiltiy to strafe, which would be pretty cool, and of course it would be so much better if no-one did bother trying to hack...well one can but hope.
Another thing is whether they'd bother trying to make it so that split screen were possible, as that would be good as well.

Gnarled_rose
Jan 1, 2004, 05:18 PM
I'd go for it just for the joy of being online. I've been 100% offline, and my strongest char is lvl 81 HUmar. Keep in mind, I've had the freaking thing for two years! It just gets so repetative, and I get bored so quickly with Heavy, heavy, normal. (Olga Flow)Heavy, heavy, heavy(Dangerous pause-STUPID THREE-HIT COMBO!)Heavy, heavy, heavy.
It also doesn't help that PSO has a terrible storyline, forcing us on PSOW to fill in the blanks with fanfics.

badbitz
Jan 1, 2004, 07:57 PM
well pso is grrreat if you play online but offline...
SUX BAD

Outrider
Jan 1, 2004, 08:32 PM
You know, nothing's going to be 100% free of hacks.

But yeah, server-side saving would definitely help cut down on it in a few ways. As I usually say, someone who has a lot more knowledge on how these things work can explain it.

Silver-X
Jan 1, 2004, 09:09 PM
i would buy it for the collection.

Maverynthia
Jan 1, 2004, 09:33 PM
I would only buy it if it was PSO PLUS PC...otherwise it wouldn't be any different than what I have....

Para
Jan 2, 2004, 12:35 AM
i would buy it instantly :3

DarkFO
Jan 2, 2004, 12:42 AM
No way! I'd like to see you go from a GC controler to a keyboard!

Outrider
Jan 2, 2004, 04:41 AM
I seem to remember downloading the demo of Version 2 on my mom's PC. You could control with the standard WASD keys if you wanted to, but you could also point and click with your mouse... or something along those lines. An interesting system that didn't seem to work that poorly. So the controls wouldn't be too bad...

Zinger314
Jan 3, 2004, 01:06 PM
If you read http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=72617&forum=1&21, it might make you more interested in the game.