PDA

View Full Version : FO - what?!

Amiadon
Jan 2, 2004, 07:35 AM
I am starting a new character, and I want the most Technic (hehe... how lame) FOrce. I just want raw, pure tech-casting power, and a Mag to match. If anyone can tell me which one to use and what Mag to get, I would be uber-grateful.

Thanks!

((I know someone has probably asked this before, but I couldn't find the thread. Sorry))

Hrith
Jan 2, 2004, 07:45 AM
FOnewearl

KingChaos
Jan 2, 2004, 07:55 AM
FOnewearl has the best mst and best simple attacks but FOnewm haxs less mst but better hard attacks

Thepandaman
Jan 2, 2004, 07:57 AM
FOnewearl
yeah that and FOnewm. If you want the bonuses for the simple techniques, go with FOnewearl, but if you want the bonuses on the hard techniques (RA & GI moves) go with the FOnewm.

Amiadon
Jan 2, 2004, 08:20 AM
Ok, thank you all! Yes, I'd prefer to have stronger later techniques, so I'll choose the FOnewm. Thanks!

Umm... If anyone know the best Mag for a FOnewm, It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amiadon on 2004-01-02 16:52 ]</font>

Myopathy
Jan 2, 2004, 09:16 AM
Personally I normally choose mags more based on appearance than bonuses and such. But if you're looking at bonuses, noramlly the mags that cast invincibility all-around are good for FOs because it not only protects them (since they are relatively weak), but also the S/D and Restas that other mags cast aren't as useful because you FO will be able to cast higher levels of those spells.

Caecilius
Jan 2, 2004, 12:13 PM
For MAGs it's all a matter of personal taste. My legit HUcaseal never leaves home without her Soniti, for example, while I always kit out my RAcast with an Apsaras. Looks like an exhaust vent in a way... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Amiadon
Jan 3, 2004, 04:35 AM
What I mean is, I have had many people tell me to raise MST, but many who tell me to raise other stats... what stats should be raised for a FOnewm mag?

kingmurp
Jan 3, 2004, 05:43 AM
If your going for pure mst and magic power, then I'd suggest a high mind mag(over 150mst). You should try and figure out how you are gonna twink out your char for optimal performance (mats, mag, and even equip).

Nazo
Jan 3, 2004, 05:55 AM
On 2004-01-03 01:35, Amiadon wrote:
What I mean is, I have had many people tell me to raise MST, but many who tell me to raise other stats... what stats should be raised for a FOnewm mag?

Hm.. you're kinda like in my situation. I'm raising a Ila for a Sato, which the good folks here at PSOW concluded would be best for my FOnewearl. But seeing that you're a FOnewm, you might want to go for a bit more in dexterity, tho I'm spilling into defence+mind most.

But then again, there's that whole thing with Rati VS Sato and all... I won't go into that :S.

Genoa
Jan 3, 2004, 07:27 PM
FOmar - Melee (better battle technique that FOmarl)
FOmarl - Melee (status wise, a bit superior to FOmar... but lacks battle technique)
FOnewm - Best in attack magic techniques (except megid). Also pimps out when u walk with a rod
FOneweal - Highest MST/TP, best Megid Penetration lvl., and best in support techniques. (ubberly crap in melee, I don't care what u say, anybody can melee better than her... Not saying she can't melle... but anyone can do better. But that's why she has the highest MST/TP.)

Kent
Jan 3, 2004, 08:35 PM
On 2004-01-03 16:27, MegamanX wrote:
FOmar - Melee (better battle technique that FOmarl)
FOmarl - Melee (status wise, a bit superior to FOmar... but lacks battle technique)

...For the most part, this is true.

FOmars and FOmarls - The main differences between the two is that the FOmar is more offensively-oriented, whereas the FOmarl is defensively so. The FOmar has boosts to Gi- techniques and Grants, as well as a range boost to Shifta and Deband, whereas the FOmarl gets range boosts to Resta, Anti, Shifta and Deband, and her Grants boost is 20% higher than the FOmar's.

The FOmar is better suited to a mix of offensive spellcasting and melee combat (they're very good at both), while the FOmarl is better suited to a support role, and is also very good at melee combat. A FOmar will hit harder and do more damage with attack techniques (save for Grants), and the FOmarl will take less damage, be able to absorb more damage, and will have an easier time healing and recovering large groups.

It's basically a tradeoff between all-out offense by multiple means and greater defensive and support capabilities.

Erm... As for pure casters, go FOnewm if you want to do the most damage to multiple enemies and multi-target bosses, or go FOnewearl if you want a boost to Resta and Anti range, as well as really high single-target damage and penetrating Megid.

Genoa
Jan 3, 2004, 08:38 PM
what he said... (your title suits u well)

Amiadon
Jan 4, 2004, 09:36 AM
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your help!

Kent
Jan 4, 2004, 10:20 AM
On 2004-01-03 17:38, MegamanX wrote:
what he said... (your title suits u well)

...Yeah, well, it's there for a reason.

shinto_kuji
Jan 4, 2004, 10:55 AM
meh, for pure tech casting, fonewearl. there just is no contest for just pure techs. she has the highest mst, giving her the best resta healing power, the most tp (can get over 3000), also has anti range boost. these all make her the best support fo. then she has megid that penetrates, very strong basic techs, and her high mst gives her the second best gi+ra techs, and shes a close second... not too far behind newm. as for mag stats, go for the highest mind possible. it will allow you to learn tech disks earlier along with giving you more tp+damage. if you know what your doing, there shouldnt be a problem with getting hit too much.

Zelgadis
Jan 7, 2004, 03:03 PM
If you want a challenge make a FOmar. Simply the worst FO's but hey if you can get them up they're good. My FOmar is level 143, anything less then a Sinow blue can't hurt him. Deband and Jellen become your best friends. Sinow blues and reds do about 20 damage to him and a Baranz does about 175 but thats a baranz. Merlans from the ruins do 1. 2 on a crit. I haven't been crited by the Sinows so I don't know if they'd do more damage to me. As for the baranz...I hate missiles.

navci
Jan 7, 2004, 05:11 PM
Hi. I see the poster has already picked a FOnewm, so I am going to throw in my 2 cents here.

Too many people have overlooked the newm's melee capability. Sure, his max ATP won't allow him to use strong weapons like a Soul Banish, so you will have to follow the same method for a melee FOnewearl to make a newm melee. Melee is just great when you don't wanna burn up your fluids too quickly, or just a change of play style, or, just to show off that you can melee. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The newm has decent ATA, and they are good and sturdy, and naturally better MST than both the human forces so, if you do want to mat him out on POW and luck instead of other things like MST, you won't really be crippled. (this of course, take some planning) Granted, you can't melee from the start, you kinda have to raise the newm up a certain level before you can comfortbly melee and bomb techs at the same time. But when it does happen it's a beautiful thing.

So. My suggestion for mag is going to Nidra. Or any mag that has a very good chance to get you invincibility. You want to make a mind one early on like 10.0.0.190 (which can't be a Nidra, so make that a rare like... Soniti, if you will). Later on, for a melee mag when you have decent MST you could try a 10.110.80.0 the 80 dex is essential until you have really good ATA, and in Ults. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

... And. if you want a real challenge (since a melee newm is a bit easier than a melee newearl), try being a support FOnewm. I assure you, it is very challenging. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Go Platform shoes!

Genoa
Jan 7, 2004, 05:54 PM
On 2004-01-07 12:03, Zelgadis wrote:
If you want a challenge make a FOmar. Simply the worst FO's but hey if you can get them up they're good. My FOmar is level 143, anything less then a Sinow blue can't hurt him. Deband and Jellen become your best friends. Sinow blues and reds do about 20 damage to him and a Baranz does about 175 but thats a baranz. Merlans from the ruins do 1. 2 on a crit. I haven't been crited by the Sinows so I don't know if they'd do more damage to me. As for the baranz...I hate missiles.

It's as if you took my thoughts RIGHT outa my head... Go FOmar !

lain2k3
Jan 7, 2004, 09:37 PM
On 2004-01-07 14:54, MegamanX wrote:

On 2004-01-07 12:03, Zelgadis wrote:

It's as if you took my thoughts RIGHT outa my head... Go FOmar !

you guys are so wrong. fomarls are easily the worst casting force. they do have more base mst/tp than fomars, but their max is about 100 less. and theri only attack bonus is grants. but, the fomarl can get a shitload more defense than fomar, making her take even less damage from these enemies you speak of.

your damage concerns are a moot point, this will be the case with anyone who has deband and jellen level 30.

heyf00L
Jan 8, 2004, 12:27 AM
You use the Ra techs a lot more often so really FOnewms can do more damage. FOnewm + Rafoie Merge + Psycho Wand = the big hurt. FOnewms aren't the best support, tho. Their Resta range sucks.

Also, yes make a mag with as much mind as possible. Don't worry about atp or dex at all. You can't avoid getting some DEF. Shoot for a 15/0/0/185 mag. I think they're possible.

Go easy on the mats. Don't just start eating mind mats or you'll be sorry. Your MST will max without a mag way before you hit 200 if you do so. You might want to play around with the stats to see how many mats you should eat. No Pow or Luck mats at all. I'd focus on Def and secondly Evade as the extra mats.

navci
Jan 8, 2004, 03:51 PM
FOnewms aren't the best support, tho.
Their Resta Resta/Shifta/Deband/Anti range sucks.

Zelgadis
Jan 8, 2004, 07:19 PM
Yay 145. But you also have to get a FO up that high. I no longer need any mind sub items yay for me. Of course having a FO that high is just sick. Course the FOmars get a 10% increased attack speed. Maybe the only decent thing about them. God like casting speed. And they look cool too. As for marl's. They get a high ata as well...making a ranged weapon a decent investment. As for the mar's...its a mar. They may get higher hp...and a decent atp but they lack the ata to actually hit anything with. Oh yeah. Marls can also wear Rico's glasses. I picked up a pair, I also picked up a pair of Rico's earrings too....damn mars not being able to equip them...*grumble grumble*