PDA

View Full Version : Some Quick Qs

Nazo
Jan 2, 2004, 07:41 AM
1) I live in Korea. Any info on if I could do Online here?

2)If I get a BBA, does it automatically connect, or do I have to set up info-by-info like the modem? (i.e., auto search, or manual?)

3.1) The "licenses" are things that expire after the designated time, meaning its not EVERY month, EVERY year, etc. right? (meaning renewal per time?)

and

3.2) What are the time-packages in? e.g. 1-month, 3-month, 1-year...

4)Would it be worth getting a month-package (if it exists) to play only on weekends?

Sorry for the bother.

Rich_T
Jan 2, 2004, 11:50 AM
1) I live in Korea. Any info on if I could do Online here?
you shouldnt have any problems, as long as you can access the internet

2)If I get a BBA, does it automatically connect, or do I have to set up info-by-info like the modem? (i.e., auto search, or manual?)

it depends on your broadband set up at home, most of the time you can have the BBa set to automatic on everything and it should be ok.

3.1) The "licenses" are things that expire after the designated time, meaning its not EVERY month, EVERY year, etc. right? (meaning renewal per time?)

and

3.2) What are the time-packages in? e.g. 1-month, 3-month, 1-year...
The hunters licence lasts for 1 month, or 90 days to be more precise, different regional versions of PSO have different payment methods.
for the European (PAL) version you have to visit the payment website each time your 1 month licence expires, if you no longer want to play, you just let the HL run out, and you will no longer be charged.
for the US (Ntsc) version the payment is automaticly taken from your credit card account, if you no longer want to play, you need to contact sega to cancle your subscription.
the Japanese version requires an isao.net or simalar account to be set up, and you may need to have a valid japanese address, although om not too sure on how this works.

4)Would it be worth getting a month-package (if it exists) to play only on weekends?
for all versions you have to buy the Hunters licence (online playtime) in one month blocks, you can then use the PSO servers for as long as you like for a month, then you have to pay aain, if your only playing at the weekend then you will still pay the same as someone who plays it all the time.