PDA

View Full Version : Hunting a few things...

Nessness
Jan 2, 2004, 03:18 PM
... in Ultimate Episode II, Temple. With my Yellowboze, I hope to find
A: Flight Cutter and
B: Sigh of a God

My question is... would it be better to use Max Attack 2 to find a Hildertorr, cuz there's that one room with a ton of Hildelts pretty early on in Temple, or should I just pipe for one offline?

Pretty much the same question for the Love Rappy: Am I best piping offline or repeating some online quest?

Thanks.

lain2k3
Jan 2, 2004, 03:35 PM
I've gone through 3 yellowboze torr's and no flight cutter yet... found them all by piping for over 2 hours each.

and I dont think max attack 2 is up anymore, at least, it wasnt last time I was on.

kingmurp
Jan 2, 2004, 03:37 PM
Piping on ep2 takes time. And Hildetollaws make it not worth it, stingy bastards. If you want those items that bad, piping gives you the best overall chance of getting it.

KaFKa
Jan 2, 2004, 03:41 PM
On 2004-01-02 12:37, kingmurp wrote:
Hildetollaws

thats kinda scary....

purhaze
Jan 2, 2004, 05:08 PM
Max Attack 2 is still up

Nessness
Jan 2, 2004, 05:12 PM
Supposedly they have a 1/2 chance of dropping from the torrs...

This is GCN, if that makes any difference on quest availablity.

Seems like piping is the way to go, but I'd always prefer not to...

Zarana
Jan 2, 2004, 06:05 PM
Piping will probably be faster and easier, but doing Famitsu is more rewarding for sure.

Nessness
Jan 2, 2004, 08:04 PM
Well, don't I have the greatest luck. Piping for Torrs, I end up with two Mil Lilies (Not that I'm complaining...) So now I am at 0 Flight Cutters, 0 Sighs, and 2 Secure Feet. Anyone want a SF?

Blue-Hawk
Jan 3, 2004, 12:00 AM
I once had a Yellowboze. I went through 5 Love Rappies and no Sigh of a God. Never got a Hildetorr either.

Nessness
Jan 3, 2004, 03:31 PM
Victory!

Just a few hours ago, I came across a Hildertorr and it dropped my a Flight Cutter! %s aren't terrific (0/0/20/10), but I'm not complaining!

kingmurp
Jan 3, 2004, 04:34 PM
congrats, lucky you, hildetors drop for you >.>

Zelgadis
Jan 3, 2004, 05:34 PM
I gave up on finding rares. I've spent roughly 20 hours piping for the damn agito. If you can get something to drop for you..then congrats. But more recently I've been getting lucky. Saigan and I were doing a ruins run with two forces. I had started the game as a whitill. He was playing as a pinkal. Around 4:00 mst we killed a dark bringer. Of course it dropped a rare. I was closer so I grabbed it. To be honest I wasn't really expecting much because many of the enemies like to tease me and drop photon drops. But after clearing out the room and opening my items list I found that I had picked up Rico's earrings. But as I said. I gave up. Maybe it has something to do with the amount of time that you've played. I've been finding better items since I've clocked over 200 hours. 3 pairs of red mechs off of Merlans. A meteor cudgle...and now Rico's earrings.

philip
Jan 3, 2004, 05:44 PM
If you play more you find more. Asked ST about it and they confirmed it.

Nessness
Jan 3, 2004, 06:28 PM
It only makes sense. How strong you are in PSO is very closely linked to how much you play. If you use dupes/hacks/etc, however...

Nessness
Jan 3, 2004, 06:30 PM
It only makes sense. How strong you are in PSO is very closely linked to how much you play. If you use dupes/hacks/etc, however...

lain2k3
Jan 3, 2004, 10:39 PM
BS. I havent found any more rares since hour 50, and now I have over 1100 hours on here, still looking for the same list of items as I was 9 months ago.

Nessness
Jan 4, 2004, 03:46 PM
Then I don't know. It is improbable, but not impossible, that that happens. Either way, you're still getting EXP, I assume.

It's just me. I have played far more than my brother, and I have far better items than he has (we are both in Ult mode)... and I believe it is because I play more.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jan 4, 2004, 05:17 PM
well, of course. the longer you play the more special weapons you find, the more special weapons you find the better chance you have that one of them is a really good one. thats just a generalized overview of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: cHaOsMaZtA on 2004-01-04 14:20 ]</font>

Flint
Jan 5, 2004, 02:13 PM
I know how you feel, the randomness of this game astounds me. I've been doing runs on Ultimate Fake in Yellow with my Pinkal FOmar trying to get a Pal rappy to drop me a damn Agito (my Skyly HUmar really wants one...) and so far out of 19 Pals encountered i've had 0 rares (and about 45 Stag Cuttlery's!!) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

however when i was online the other night i joined a game on Ultimate forest just in time for the boss and it dropped me a nice Holy Ray!! Go figure! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Looks like 20 was my magic number, i found my Agito and have mede my Orotiagito!! Yay me! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flint on 2004-01-05 12:05 ]</font>