PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on Garanz

Myopathy
Jan 2, 2004, 08:57 PM
The Garanz in C6 were the bane of our existence as my team tried C6 for the first time. I know you're suppose to run around them until they kill themselves. But how do you do that effectively with 2-3 Sinows taking cheap shots at you and other annoying pests slowing you down/getting in your way/knocking you down. Do you just do it to the best of your ability and hope for the best? Or is there a better method. Thank!

Lone_HUmar
Jan 2, 2004, 09:20 PM
Heh, try to use a Havoc or Confuse Slicer or ect. To Start a big fuss with all the enemies.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MFGouken
Jan 2, 2004, 09:27 PM
One person should just run around it it will kill itself, you have to use your menu screen to do it.

KingChaos
Jan 3, 2004, 01:01 PM
kill em you never die in the boss

VulpesMundi
Jan 3, 2004, 03:59 PM
If you have a droid, I'd suggest using Confuse traps. That way the Sinows (and whatever else is in the mix) will ignore you and pummel the Garanz or each other.

TerraStriker
Jan 3, 2004, 05:22 PM
Also if droid freeze em and pummel them to death either way will work

Jazhara
Jan 5, 2004, 12:53 PM
1. Press Start

2. Select Item Pack --> Area Map

3. Zoom the map right in so you can see the room in detail

4. Look at the map to run around the room, it's much easier to avoid stuff

5. If there are traps in the room, either stick to one area or clear them out early

6. Practice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sheik1
Jan 9, 2004, 03:20 PM
Alternative...I assign traps to the R menu so the game will not fall into the targeting mode and slow your character to a hault. I just hold in the R button while running. Avoids target locks. The other method is to press Y to bring up the chat keyboard. You will not establish a target lock when the keyboard is up. That is not nearly as clumsly as having the screen shrunk when you press start.

On 2004-01-05 09:53, Jazhara wrote:
1. Press Start

5. If there are traps in the room, either stick to one area or clear them out early

6. Practice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BOmar
Jan 9, 2004, 06:17 PM
On 2004-01-03 14:22, TerraStriker wrote:
Also if droid freeze em and pummel them to death either way will work

That would freeze the Garanz too though, so wouldn't be much good unless you were all very strong and could take out the Garanz before they all thaw out.

I use the confuse trap method if I ever have problems.

Jazhara
Jan 10, 2004, 11:00 AM
On 2004-01-09 12:20, Sheik1 wrote:
Alternative...I assign traps to the R menu so the game will not fall into the targeting mode and slow your character to a hault. I just hold in the R button while running. Avoids target locks. The other method is to press Y to bring up the chat keyboard. You will not establish a target lock when the keyboard is up. That is not nearly as clumsly as having the screen shrunk when you press start.

1. Press Start

The point of using the Area Map is not just to avoid walking - it can give you a good view of the other enemies in the room, e.g. Sinows - which is the original question, how to avoid the other stuff in the room.

I don't use it myself, but I used to when I was getting the hang of Garanz running. You have to be resonably experienced to just use R. Note heal items can go on the back button instead of traps if you're not a droid, you still won't walk when holding R.

*EDIT* - Freeze Traps is the "best" (fastest) way though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2004-01-10 08:11 ]</font>

evildead
Feb 6, 2004, 09:23 PM
On 2004-01-10 08:00, Jazhara wrote:

On 2004-01-09 12:20, Sheik1 wrote:

1. Press Start

The point of using the Area Map is not just to avoid walking - it can give you a good view of the other enemies in the room, e.g. Sinows - which is the original question, how to avoid the other stuff in the room.

I don't use it myself, but I used to when I was getting the hang of Garanz running. You have to be resonably experienced to just use R. Note heal items can go on the back button instead of traps if you're not a droid, you still won't walk when holding R.

*EDIT* - Freeze Traps is the "best" (fastest) way though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2004-01-10 08:11 ]</font>
omg some one with brains i must agree with this person....there are to many noobs on these forums i mean TO MANY id say about the majority.

Jazhara
Feb 7, 2004, 09:25 AM
On 2004-02-06 18:23, evildead wrote:
there are to many noobs on these forums i mean TO MANY id say about the majority.

Amen. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Malkavian
Feb 13, 2004, 10:25 AM
Yeah normally the plan is with freeze trap or not the 2 strongest hunters attack him to death while missiles try to attack someone in front and force may try to shock it with zonde.

I only use the run in circles thing when the things look very bad and there is need to play more safely. And I hardly have those problems with sinows... just don't make a perfect circle evade, him too. What can really hurt is the gillchics with their lasers.