PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Charictars...

Olga
Jan 3, 2004, 03:46 PM
I was giving my brother a 'Wals MK2' on multiplayer while he was gone. So after I gave it to him, I went to the Normal forest just to see what it looked like. Then I left the forest. And I quit. So when I quit, It asked if I wanted to transfer my charictar back from My bro's Memory card, back to mine. I pressed yes, and then it happend. It erased ALL the Items I had on My Charictar, Vyse. I lost everything. I had a ton of special Items, grinders, Blue Barrier, Diska of Liberater, G-assassins arms, mags, about 30 scapedolls, and EVERYTHING. I just what to know what happend.... ... It really tikked me off because I lost everything! well... everything except Vyse... So, why did I loose everything, but not loose my charictar? ........
__________________________________________________ ___

darthsaber9x9
Jan 3, 2004, 04:10 PM
On 2004-01-03 12:46, Olga wrote:
I was giving my brother a 'Wals MK2' on multiplayer while he was gone. So after I gave it to him, I went to the Normal forest just to see what it looked like. Then I left the forest. And I quit. So when I quit, It asked if I wanted to transfer my charictar back from My bro's Memory card, back to mine. I pressed yes, and then it happend. It erased ALL the Items I had on My Charictar, Vyse. I lost everything. I had a ton of special Items, grinders, Blue Barrier, Diska of Liberater, G-assassins arms, mags, about 30 scapedolls, and EVERYTHING. I just what to know what happend.... ... It really tikked me off because I lost everything! well... everything except Vyse... So, why did I loose everything, but not loose my charictar? ........
__________________________________________________ ___

IT....im sure you did something else. maybe you powered off before it was done or mayb the memory card came out...
otherwise i cant help

excecutor
Jan 3, 2004, 04:46 PM
Did you cancel the tranfer status, or transfer your character back to the card? If you cancel the transfer status, you lose everything to prevent duping 200 items or more.

PhatDiddy
Jan 3, 2004, 05:05 PM
the same kinda thing happened to me. but my character was left in the temp character spots on my friends mem card with all the items. the way we fixed it was to give my items from me on his mem card to his character. than he in turn gave them all to my mem card. the items probaly still exist. and if they do ur in luck.

Genoa
Jan 3, 2004, 08:06 PM
My friend destroyed a character of mine and his own doing transfer related stuff. He took my HUmar (lvl. 55... it was my highest lvl. hunter at the time) He transfered it to his, then never gave it back. Then when he played MY memory card, he said YES on the actual character slot (though it was still transfered). So technically I have 2 lvl. 55 HUmars but one has nothing, the other does. But I can't transfer the temp back to the real one. (he did same with his lvl. 60 something RAcast) Later, (after we deleted the temp ones) we came up with the CRAZY IDEA that we could have just gave all the items back to the REAL character from the temporary. (too late)

JohanCC
Jan 4, 2004, 02:47 AM
My friend did that to his RAcast on my memory card (he doesn't have a GC or PSO). Now I'm stuck with an extra temporary char. You lose your exp on your origonal, too.